Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) (/Thread-Statement-from-Mike-Brown-Zac-is-back)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - TecmoBengals - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:12 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I'm only optimistic because I believe in what ZT is doing.  As far as that 6-win team he took over, that included some folks that didn't fit the new culture he was building.  We quickly saw Burfict released, for example.  To me, ZT won't sacrifice his integrity or culture he wants to build for a win or two.  

I don't see us on a 5 year plan.  I think this coming year is a prove it or you're out year.  I am not happy about the record at all, I'm simply willing to deal with it if we can see progress.  Last year should've been better than a 2 win season (bunch of close games) and this year should've been more than a 4 win season with a bunch of close games.  

I also think two years in a row of AJ screwing us on offense didn't help.  A real shame about him.

What does this mean to you? Zac tosses around empty platitudes like "building a culture", but no results of success are evident. What are you believing in? I only see a young, over-his-head, & inexperienced coach that has no business being an NFL head coach.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - fredtoast - 01-04-2021

Mike Brown sucks as an owner. I have criticized him heavily over the years. But all of you getting upset about the comment "The fans wanted it" are just being hyper sensitive snowflakes.

All he is doing is acknowledging that he listened to the fans. Isn't that what you all wanted?

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - wildcatnku24 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Zac's W/L record is terrible. He inherited a team with a poor W/L record and actually made it even worse.

1. It was fun to watch because of Burrow, not anything Zac has done as a coach.
2. Looked competitive? That is LOL worthy. If by taking the field you mean competitive, then sure. Yesterday's game was more indicative of Zac's performance as a head coach; that's not competitive game play for a professional NFL team.
3. The Bengals built a marketing campaign around New Dey to suggest Zac is a new-age HC. In reality, he was a position coach lacking the experience to be an NFL head coach. It was a hiring blunder & his historically bad coaching record supports this claim. He is not a new-age HC.

Do you have any criticisms for Zac and his place in the history books as one of the worst coaches in league history? If no, then I can only assume you like the forum contrarian tit-for-tat exchange, are an internet troll, President of the Zac Taylor Fan Club, or some other crazy reason that makes you defend Zac.

It'd be a lot easier to simply agree with you all.  I know my opinion is not popular, but that's kinda what makes a message board work is differing opinions.  I do certainly have criticisms for Zac, but so does everyone else, and I don't feel compelled to say the same crap that's already been said 100 times.  Yes, his W/L column absolutely sucks.  Yes, we must fix the OL.  Yes, Jim Turner was an absolutely stupid hire from the get go.  I hated it.  It spoke to the absolute polar opposite of the culture he states he's trying to build.  

I define competitive as being in the game, not being blown out.  We have been quite competitive in both of ZT's seasons.  The games certainly haven't fallen our way, I understand.  

Perhaps part of my endless wishful thinking and optimism is a result of being a fan of Cincinnati sports.  If there's a god, he absolutely hates Cincinnati.  I know we had some successes in Baseball, but that was before my time (i'm 36).  

(01-04-2021, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This team has not been fun to watch.  They have sucked badly.  What the hell is fun about watching a shitty team lose all the time?

Prior to Burrow going down, I enjoyed every Sunday.  That kid is the real deal, and kept us in games we otherwise would've gotten wrecked with Dalton.  

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - MileHighGrowler - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:12 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I'm only optimistic because I believe in what ZT is doing.  As far as that 6-win team he took over, that included some folks that didn't fit the new culture he was building.  We quickly saw Burfict released, for example.  To me, ZT won't sacrifice his integrity or culture he wants to build for a win or two.  

I don't see us on a 5 year plan.  I think this coming year is a prove it or you're out year.  I am not happy about the record at all, I'm simply willing to deal with it if we can see progress.  Last year should've been better than a 2 win season (bunch of close games) and this year should've been more than a 4 win season with a bunch of close games.  

I also think two years in a row of AJ screwing us on offense didn't help.  A real shame about him.

Oh, come on, don't drop losing Burfict as the reason for the decline.  The simple fact is that Zac is not a good coach.  He comes into every game expecting that Madden ball (playing his favorite plays and hoping they work out) will get them wins.  The great coaches plan to exploit the other team each week and adjust their game accordingly.  The one game that happened this year was against the Steelers and people proclaimed Zac's superior coaching intellect, when in fact he was just forced into running because he had Smiles at QB.  

Zac won't sacrifice his integrity or culture for a win or two?  No kidding.  Zac won't sacrifice his ego at all for wins.  It's been pretty obvious for 2 years now as he keeps telling us how much he believes in himself. 

I think this team can stumble into 8 wins next year with a strong roster that will win in spite of Zac.  But I don't ever see them being great.  And now they're talking about releasing assistant coaches.  So they can bring in who?  Who's going to row out to the Titanic as it sinks because seats are half off?  

If this team bounces back next year and looks totally different on the field, I'll happily eat crow about Taylor sucking.  But I can't see a world where that happens.  

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Nicomo Cosca - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly doubt I bother watching next season, in fact after Broen basically disrespected the fans I might not be a fan anymore. This is ridiculous

You say this literally every week lol

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - masonbengals fan - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Interesting, Willie seems to disagree with some on this board whether or not there are “meaningless games.”

Shocked

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - BengalsFan1986 - 01-04-2021

I’m with Wes Mantooth on this one. It’s a small statement, but very telling about Mike Brown’s attitude towards the fans. I think it’s pretty clear that he did not want to let Marvin Lewis go and he blames us for the last two years. It’s a pretty mind blowing attitude for an owner in the NFL to have. I’ve invested time and money into this team without having any actual say in how it’s managed. To have the owner turn around and even remotely or inadvertently put the disaster of the last two years on us as fans is pretty inexcusable.

What am I supposed to do as a fan? Just assume the team has done absolutely everything they could and, despite never winning a playoff game that I can remember, not compare what we do to the rest of the NFL? I really hate this team sometimes.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - TecmoBengals - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:03 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: But they we in ? positions. Our injuries were not to the bal boy or water person. They were players

I'm not going to go squad by squad and share the injury report, but it's fairly known that NFL teams have players suffer awful injuries from week to week because it is a violent game.  Look at the Eagles years back. Wentz went down and they found a way to win it with a hot Nick Foles.  That's just one example, anecdotal, and not the norm, but it does reflect teams push through injuries to win. 

(01-04-2021, 12:19 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Prior to Burrow going down, I enjoyed every Sunday.  That kid is the real deal, and kept us in games we otherwise would've gotten wrecked with Dalton.  

This is crazy.  Dalton actually won games.  There is nothing "fun" about "staying close".

No fan should ever be happy watching their team win 2 out of 10 games.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - masonbengals fan - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown sucks as an owner.  I have criticized him heavily over the years.  But all of you getting upset about the comment "The fans wanted it" are just being hyper sensitive snowflakes.

All he is doing is acknowledging that he listened to the fans.  Isn't that what you all wanted?

We did want changes made. Don't understand all the hate for that one particular sentence. 

(01-04-2021, 12:21 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Oh, come on, don't drop losing Burfict as the reason for the decline.  The simple fact is that Zac is not a good coach.  He comes into every game expecting that Madden ball (playing his favorite plays and hoping they work out) will get them wins.  The great coaches plan to exploit the other team each week and adjust their game accordingly.  The one game that happened this year was against the Steelers and people proclaimed Zac's superior coaching intellect, when in fact he was just forced into running because he had Smiles at QB.  

Zac won't sacrifice his integrity or culture for a win or two?  No kidding.  Zac won't sacrifice his ego at all for wins.  It's been pretty obvious for 2 years now as he keeps telling us how much he believes in himself. 

I think this team can stumble into 8 wins next year with a strong roster that will win in spite of Zac.  But I don't ever see them being great.  And now they're talking about releasing assistant coaches.  So they can bring in who?  Who's going to row out to the Titanic as it sinks because seats are half off?  

If this team bounces back next year and looks totally different on the field, I'll happily eat crow about Taylor sucking.  But I can't see a world where that happens.  

I'd imagine that head coaches generally have ego's that dictate how they run things.  Sure, ZT is losing so in this case it's a bad thing.  That same idea is why many claim Bellicheck is the GOAT coach.  It's his way or GTFO.  lol.

The thing is, I think we all want the same thing.  We want to see this team win.  Hell with eating crow, let's just see some wins!  

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Big Boss - 01-04-2021

There was nothing "fun" about watching Burrow run for his life, take hit after hit, and then have his knee completely destroyed.

(01-04-2021, 12:24 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote:  I think it’s pretty clear that he did not want to let Marvin Lewis go and he blames us for the last two years

I think you are delusional.  No matter what Mike Brown does you turn it into something evil.

He does not listen to fans.....EVIL

He does listen to fans..........EVIL

(01-04-2021, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is crazy.  Dalton actually won games.  There is nothing "fun" about "staying close".

No fan should ever be happy watching their team win 2 out of 10 games.

hmmm.  I never said I'm happy we lost or happy watching us lose 8 games.  If you were an old Biff Tannon with an almanac from the future and told me we lost on sunday morning, I'd have not been happy watching the game.  

I'm saying I enjoyed watching the game in real time as a bunch of games this year seemed like we were going to win.  

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - BengalsFan1986 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:17 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: It'd be a lot easier to simply agree with you all.  I know my opinion is not popular, but that's kinda what makes a message board work is differing opinions.  I do certainly have criticisms for Zac, but so does everyone else, and I don't feel compelled to say the same crap that's already been said 100 times.  Yes, his W/L column absolutely sucks.  Yes, we must fix the OL.  Yes, Jim Turner was an absolutely stupid hire from the get go.  I hated it.  It spoke to the absolute polar opposite of the culture he states he's trying to build.  

I define competitive as being in the game, not being blown out.  We have been quite competitive in both of ZT's seasons.  The games certainly haven't fallen our way, I understand.  

Perhaps part of my endless wishful thinking and optimism is a result of being a fan of Cincinnati sports.  If there's a god, he absolutely hates Cincinnati.  I know we had some successes in Baseball, but that was before my time (i'm 36).  

I think what gets me with this whole situation and why I’m not optimistic right now, is that first paragraph that I have quoted could have been, word for word, used to describe last season. To not make those changes when they were completely obvious, and to have them repeated again this season, is completely inexcusable.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - bengals67 - 01-04-2021

Stupid, cheap and lazy. All three.

Taylor is back because Mike doesn't want to pay his contract out.

I am guessing any coaches they "fire" are on one year contracts so they won't be out of any money. They aren't firing anyone just not renewing contracts ( I expect)

Taylor was a mistake that was made because they got him cheap and he did not demand control.

What decent coaches will ever come to the Bengals to work under Taylor? None.

Yet another completely wasted year coming up.

Their long term strategic plan:  build a team that has some potential as the lease with Hamilton county winds down so they can trick another city into building them a state of the art multi-billion dollar stadium.

Bengals are gone as soon as lease expires and NFL will be complicit in  their move.

Who gives a dam about little old Cincinnati and the fans who have supported this sorry group over the last 30 years?

No one, including the Family.

I have no idea why anyone would keep or buy season tickets for this cheap and stupid organization.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Nicomo Cosca - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you are delusional.  No matter what Mike Brown does you turn it into something evil.

He does not listen to fans.....EVIL

He does listen to fans..........EVIL

You spelled incompetent wrong.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - psychdoctor - 01-04-2021

I think the "fans wanted" comment by Mike Brown was his clumsy attempt to illustrate that he empathizes with the broken hearted fanbase that he has steered over the last 3 decades. Yet, Brown also realizes there is no quick fix.

(01-04-2021, 12:25 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We did want changes made. Don't understand all the hate for that one particular sentence. 

"It is called "victim mentality".  It is all the rage these days.  Everyone has to be the victim of something even if they have to make it up in their head.