Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals offered Golladay - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals offered Golladay (/Thread-Bengals-offered-Golladay)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - kalibengal - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 07:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Kenny G will sign with the Giants. Basically because I was putting myself in his shoes. A 1 year deal and he get's his career ended on a hit? He's done. Multi year deal and career ended? Well, he makes more. So, if your thinking of your future with the regard of the quickness and hard hitting NFL in this era, you go for the longer deal. Regardless if it's a down year for negotiating contracts.

Id love to see a "Golla NEW DEY" signing but 3yrs VS a 1 yr is on face value a much better deal not knowing the details of how these deals are offered.  But hearing that Callahan knows him from Detroit and the  Burrow factor could influence things??   

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - HarleyDog - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 07:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Id love to see a "Golla NEW DEY" signing but 3yrs VS a 1 yr is on face value a much better deal not knowing the details of how these deals are offered.  But hearing that Callahan knows him from Detroit and the  Burrow factor could influence things??   

I agree. Just stating what I think he might do and what I would do if I was him.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Bengalpool - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 07:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Kenny G will sign with the Giants. Basically because I was putting myself in his shoes. A 1 year deal and he get's his career ended on a hit? He's done. Multi year deal and career ended? Well, he makes more. So, if your thinking of your future with the regard of the quickness and hard hitting NFL in this era, you go for the longer deal. Regardless if it's a down year for negotiating contracts.

I'm thinking the same thing from KG's perspective just to avoid disappointment. However, I do believe catching passes from Burrow versus Danny Nickles is much more intriguing. It all boils down to preference.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - HarleyDog - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 08:03 PM)Takedown Wrote: I'm thinking the same thing from KG's perspective just to avoid disappointment. However, I do believe catching passes from Burrow versus Danny Nickles is much more intriguing. It all boils down to preference.

He's 27. So, he might think young or he might think old (in football years). Hard to think what he'll choose. But I don't want to overpay. If they get him and his deal is ridiculous, goodbye OL support.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - pally - 03-18-2021

There will be no decision on Golladay until tomorrow at least,

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - cinci4life - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 04:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They put the franchise tag on Robinson, but that doesn’t mean anything.

I think golladay might be insurance.

IF they manage to sign both Golladay AND Robinson, then that is one hell of a duo for chicago

Robinson just signed his franchise tender.

Bears' Allen Robinson Signs Franchise Tender (profootballrumors.com)

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - pally - 03-18-2021

Reds help the recruiting effort

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Sled21 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 10:08 PM)pally Wrote: Reds help the recruiting effort

Chad is doing some serious recruiting of him as well....

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - samhain - 03-18-2021

Unless he's just dying to play in Chicago or New York, the Bengals should get this guy, assuming they really want him. The Bears and Giants are not in good places cap-wise and will have to bail salaries to offer him anything close to what the Bengals could, The Bengals arguably have the better quarterback situation, as well.

I wanted a big OL signing, but I'll take Golladay. It will open the draft to adding linemen in the first 2 rounds if needed. They held serve on defense, so the draft can be used to hopefully (key word) make up the difference. Gotta hope that they stop being terrible at drafting o-linemen.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - bengaloo - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 10:30 PM)samhain Wrote: Unless he's just dying to play in Chicago or New York, the Bengals should get this guy, assuming they really want him.  The Bears and Giants are not in good places cap-wise and will have to bail salaries to offer him anything close to what the Bengals could,  The Bengals arguably have the better quarterback situation, as well.  

I wanted a big OL signing, but I'll take Golladay.  It will open the draft to adding linemen in the first 2 rounds if needed.  They held serve on defense, so the draft can be used to hopefully (key word) make up the difference.  Gotta hope that they stop being terrible at drafting  o-linemen.

Id prefer getting both Reiff and Golladay and that would be a really good FA heading into the draft. Here is an interesting article leaning towards us maybe having more of an edge to land Golladay over NY and Chicago than we may think.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/kenny-golladay-one-year-bengals-best-option

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - samhain - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 10:42 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Id prefer getting both Reiff and Golladay and that would be a really good FA heading into the draft. Here is an interesting article leaning towards us maybe having more of an edge to land Golladay over NY and Chicago than we may think.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/kenny-golladay-one-year-bengals-best-option

As would I.  I just feel like, to some extent, the OL ship has sailed in terms of massive upgrades.  If it were Golladay vs Thuney or Hudson, or maybe Zeitler, I'd be for the OL all day.  Golladay would be like actually having most of the production we expected out of AJ last year, only actually having  someone capable and willing to provide it.  As I mentioned, the defense is set in terms of starters.  They need another pass rusher, but that can be drafted.  If they get Golladay, they basically need OL upgrades in the draft and not a ton else.  They could easily take linemen in the first 2 rounds.  I would have rahter had an experienced, high-graded vet brought in, but as I said, they let much of that pass them by already.

Also, you have to wonder if Chicago just used Golladay to leverage Robinson.  If they did, it worked.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - SHRacerX - 03-19-2021

(03-18-2021, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Golladay is a big play WR. Would love to bring him in along with Reiff and a Guard.

Would be an excellent FA after us all being PO'ed lol

If they sign GollaDEY, that will be the greatest single unbalanced talent swap between two teams in NFL history as Fat Randy just signed with Detroit.  

(I know it wouldn't be a trade, that is why I said talent swap)

(03-18-2021, 03:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: #GollaDey is the #3 trend on Twitter if you care about that sort of thing

Which I think is fantastic.  I saw it, and retweeted it as well.  If nothing else, it shows the passion of the fan base and GollaDEY has to know how much he is wanted and respected here.

(03-18-2021, 04:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They put the franchise tag on Robinson, but that doesn’t mean anything.

I think golladay might be insurance.

IF they manage to sign both Golladay AND Robinson, then that is one hell of a duo for Andy Dalton 

Fixed it for ya...

But Robinson has been tagged.  No way they are signing GollaDEY as well.  I think he will get a really good deal from the Giants because they have to overpay.  He is probably also looking at the secondary of teams like Dallas and Philly and thinking how many receptions that would create. 

If I am trying to be an unbiased FA, look at the secondaries at Cleveland, Balt, and even pitt.  

Still holding out hope, but I will be VERY (pleasantly) surprised if GollaDEY signs here.  

(03-18-2021, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Robinson, would be for trade offers for him if we don't get Golladay.

I am thinking we land Golladay if we give him a multi year deal though. Burrow pushing for him etc.

We meet with him after the Giants and Bears. We have final say pretty much if we want him or not.

True, still I like Cincy and hate New York so I am bias.

If you think about it, had Green or Ross worked out, the Bengals would have been offering a multi-year deal to one of them right now.  Kind of the same thing with Ogbuehi (sorry for saying it) and Fisher.  Since they didn't pan out you had to use a top draft pick and (now) a free agent contract.

Ask Bellicheat about the draft failures.  It catches up to you.  

(03-18-2021, 07:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Id love to see a "Golla NEW DEY" signing but 3yrs VS a 1 yr is on face value a much better deal not knowing the details of how these deals are offered.  But hearing that Callahan knows him from Detroit and the  Burrow factor could influence things??   

Maybe he gets the four year deal he wants but there is an out clause after year two, like Waynes?  Just in case his injury turns out to be a career ender.  

(03-18-2021, 10:42 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Id prefer getting both Reiff and Golladay and that would be a really good FA heading into the draft. Here is an interesting article leaning towards us maybe having more of an edge to land Golladay over NY and Chicago than we may think.

If they land both Reiff and GollaDEY, I will be ecstatic.

The draft is WIDE OPEN at that point, and some QB-starved team might move ahead of Philly and offer some serious draft capital.  They could use an additional pick on a LB or TE to improve that position group (assuming they go OT, DE, and CB with their first three of their original picks).  

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Sled21 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe he gets the four year deal he wants but there is an out clause after year two, like Waynes?  Just in case his injury turns out to be a career ender.  

Does he really want a 4 year deal? I just read most of the WR's want one year deals because the market is so low this season.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Gdale_Bengal - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Does he really want a 4 year deal? I just read most of the WR's want one year deals because the market is so low this season.

Prolly find out today

(03-19-2021, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Does he really want a 4 year deal? I just read most of the WR's want one year deals because the market is so low this season.

Totally depends on how much is guaranteed.  He wouldn't take a deal inferior to the 3 year, 34 million that Samuel got....

That is kind of what gives the Bengals a chance.  Any team is going to be a little reluctant on the long term deal because of the nature of his hip injury.  I have mentioned the plus of having Burrow, other weapons to draw coverage, and the fact that the Bengals will likely be in a lot of shootouts, but if I am being realistic, the defenses (specifically the secondaries) he will see in the AFC North would be light years tougher than that of the NFL Least.