Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals offered Golladay
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/17/22336596/kenny-golladay-giants-news-bengals-free-agency-2021-detroit-lions-rumors
Reply/Quote
Makes sense with AJ leaving and Katie's weirdo post. That would be a big move, Burrow could do a lot with him.
Reply/Quote
Lance McAllister says it's a one year prove it type of deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 07:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: Makes sense with AJ leaving and Katie's weirdo post. That would be a big move, Burrow could do a lot with him.

Oh yeah and then we could concentrate on the OL and DL in the draft. Cutting Geno and Uzomah would pay for Golladay almost by itself.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 07:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: Makes sense with AJ leaving and Katie's weirdo post. That would be a big move, Burrow could do a lot with him.

Are we putting him at RT?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

didnt see the "weirdo" post??  then again  we are dealing with the "Adams Family" of the NFL  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 07:59 PM)kalibengal Wrote: didnt see the "weirdo" post??  then again  we are dealing with the "Adams Family" of the NFL  

Something like there was going to be big news. I was expecting better.

Reply/Quote
I'll bet this was leaked by his agent in order to get a better offer elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 07:55 PM)pulses Wrote: Cutting Geno and Uzomah would pay for Golladay almost by itself.

But that would create two more holes to fill.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are we putting him at RT?

I haven't changed my signature in years, I feel your pain.  I think this is what is happening. 

The draft is lining up for tackle.  I hate targeting a player or position, even with Sewell being my dude.  Teams behind us (Carolina, Detroit, SF, Chicago, NE) still need QBs.  WR looks like a deep spot in the 7 to 15 range, but this is where guys like Slater or Darrishaw make sense if Sewell is gone at 5. 

There are a slew of older or injury prone tackles, they're getting a deal on one of them if they want it.  You have to protect yourself going into the draft.  I think they end up with a descent tackle, hopefully Reiff and let Hart go. I don't care if they think Williams is a HOF guy, moving him isn't a slight if the move is for the best of the team.  Sign a tackle and IOL and restructure or cut Geno.  That leaves OT, DE and DT as needs but at least WR is set. 
Reply/Quote
The hip injury should pause excitement. The money would be better spent on an Olineman, or DT. DE is quickly drying up.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll bet this was leaked by his agent in order to get a better offer elsewhere.

Most likely the case it's also been mentioned Golladay contacting the Bengals first about an offer. It's a smart move either drive up his price in a multi-year deal or take the 1 year and punt his Free Agency until 2022 when the Salary cap and WR Market stabilizes.

...now what I'm wondering is did Golladay Contact the Bengals because they have the cap space or because the Bengals are looking at the Free Agent WRs?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But that would create two more holes to fill.

I believe they are gonna draft Pitts so he fills that spot We needed another TE anyways now that Carter is gone. Geno was gonna be cut and we have Tupou coming back plus we'll draft someone.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Most likely the case it's also been mentioned Golladay contacting the Bengals first about an offer. It's a smart move either drive up his price in a multi-year deal or take the 1 year and punt his Free Agency until 2022 when the Salary cap and WR Market stabilizes.

...now what I'm wondering is did Golladay Contact the Bengals because they have the cap space or because the Bengals are looking at the Free Agent WRs?

It's not tough for agents to go down the list of teams that could use a proven WR, and start making calls.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What is it with this team and offering players who are injured or are headaches?
Reply/Quote
I was going to mention this last night. If we can get Golladay on a one year 10mil deal or somewhere around there we could essentially be buying a 2023 3rd round pick too if it all works out. Bring him in to our pass happy offense. Let Joe go ham in his 2nd year. Golladay hits free agency again next year and gets his big payday and we get a 3rd round comp pick the following year.

I’d be all for this
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: What is it with this team and offering players who are injured or are headaches?

If they don't get Golladay watch them go after JuJU next Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:41 PM)pulses Wrote: If they don't get Golladay watch them go after JuJU next Sarcasm

That would honestly be the thing that makes me rage quit for a couple days  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:44 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That would honestly be the thing that makes me rage quit for a couple days  Hilarious

If he didn't have the drama he would actually be a nice addition here.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was going to mention this last night. If we can get Golladay on a one year 10mil deal or somewhere around there we could essentially be buying a 2023 3rd round pick too if it all works out. Bring him in to our pass happy offense. Let Joe go ham in his 2nd year. Golladay hits free agency again next year and gets his big payday and we get a 3rd round comp pick the following year.

I’d be all for this

I read where we're gonna probably get a 4th for WJ3.
Reply/Quote