Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals offered Golladay
(03-18-2021, 01:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everything that I have seen says that Golloday approached the Bengals about wanting to come to Cincy, not the other way around. 

He’s just doing that for leverage
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:54 PM)Mark123 Wrote: No way we sign him. We have a better shot at Shuster or Fuller.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Boo Boo Smith-Schuster would never sign with a team that killed his soul on national television.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/sportsline/status/1372602855492775936?s=21

Vegas has us 4th in line to land Golladay
Reply/Quote
Golladay is a big play WR. Would love to bring him in along with Reiff and a Guard.

Would be an excellent FA after us all being PO'ed lol
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:16 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: If they are truly targeting Sewell or Slater we absolutely need a free agent wide receiver, and the only one worthy to me is golladay. Maybe Chad can persuade him to come here. Don't understand why he would want the giants with their QB ,he's a bum. And someone mentioned we will get Pitts which I highly doubt. But is he going to line up as outside receiver also? We are still trying to replace AJ green. And if we draft a lower round rookie it's going to be unlikely he really contributes.

Uh, playing in NYC instead of Cincinnati means more fans buying your jerseys, more endorsement opportunities etc. It's why Marvin Jones left. Bigger city, bigger brand. Something Cincinnati will always fight.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, playing in NYC instead of Cincinnati means more fans buying your jerseys, more endorsement opportunities etc. It's why Marvin Jones left. Bigger city, bigger brand. Something Cincinnati will always fight.

Ehhh, NYC is going down the tubes. Would never want to go there if my life depended on it.
Reply/Quote
#GollaDey is the #3 trend on Twitter if you care about that sort of thing
Reply/Quote
He spent last night in Chicago visiting with the Bears

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:28 PM)pally Wrote: He spent last night in Chicago visiting with the Bears

Wow if Chicago pulls that off, expect to see a good year from Dalton there
Reply/Quote
Doesn't Chicago have a top Wideout of their own still on the market?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Doesn't Chicago have a top Wideout of their own still on the market?

I thought Allen Robinson was on the market, who I have always liked...

Still think Golladay is a Bengal unless the Giants or Bears offer him a multi year contract.

We only offered him a strong 1 year contract is what I heard. We are the fall back.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Doesn't Chicago have a top Wideout of their own still on the market?

They put the franchise tag on Robinson, but that doesn’t mean anything.

I think golladay might be insurance.

IF they manage to sign both Golladay AND Robinson, then that is one hell of a duo for chicago
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They put the franchise tag on Robinson, but that doesn’t mean anything.

IF they manage to sign both Golladay AND Robinson, then that is one hell of a duo for chicago

Thanks for this Frank, didn't know they gave Robinson the tag.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They put the franchise tag on Robinson, but that doesn’t mean anything.

if they get a decent deal with Golladay they could drop his tag if he hasnt signed it yet and toss him into Free agency.

(and possibly save a few mil)
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this Frank, didn't know they gave Robinson the tag.

Me neither (makes sense as to why we hadn't heard much about him). I though their relationship had soured. But that doesn't mean anything as teams can still tag players.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ehhh, NYC is going down the tubes. Would never want to go there if my life depended on it.

Me either, but I'm not in the business of selling jerseys or getting endorsement deals. Greater Cincinnati population 2.2 million.  New York Metropolitan Area 20.3 million.  There is simply more opportunity to build your brand there.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: #GollaDey is the #3 trend on Twitter if you care about that sort of thing

It’s #1 now for anybody that says we don’t have a strong fanbase
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 06:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Me neither (makes sense as to why we hadn't heard much about him). I though their relationship had soured. But that doesn't mean anything as teams can still tag players.

I like Robinson, would be for trade offers for him if we don't get Golladay.

I am thinking we land Golladay if we give him a multi year deal though. Burrow pushing for him etc.

We meet with him after the Giants and Bears. We have final say pretty much if we want him or not.

(03-18-2021, 06:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Me either, but I'm not in the business of selling jerseys or getting endorsement deals. Greater Cincinnati population 2.2 million.  New York Metropolitan Area 20.3 million.  There is simply more opportunity to build your brand there.

True, still I like Cincy and hate New York so I am bias.
Reply/Quote
I think Kenny G will sign with the Giants. Basically because I was putting myself in his shoes. A 1 year deal and he get's his career ended on a hit? He's done. Multi year deal and career ended? Well, he makes more. So, if your thinking of your future with the regard of the quickness and hard hitting NFL in this era, you go for the longer deal. Regardless if it's a down year for negotiating contracts.

Reply/Quote