Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals offered Golladay
(03-18-2021, 01:20 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. I'm going to say the obvious. We've seen what Burrow can do without blocking, lets see what he can do with a couple upgrades on the line.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Apparently, Joe Burrow has personally made a pitch to Golladay. Let's see how good of a salesman he is. Hopefully Golladay isn't just using the Bengals as leverage for more money from the Giants

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He’s scheduled to meet with the Giants in person first. I just feel like if the Giants wanna get a deal done they won’t let him leave. Rather have it the other way around where’s he’s coming to Cincinnati first.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:55 AM)lone bengal Wrote: He’s scheduled to meet with the Giants in person first. I just feel like if the Giants wanna get a deal done they won’t let him leave. Rather have it the other way around where’s he’s coming to Cincinnati first.

The visit hasn't been scheduled yet. I think the window to get the deal done is before he gets in the door. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: The visit hasn't been scheduled yet. I think the window to get the deal done is before he gets in the door. 

hate to be a debbie downer here but Bengals RARELY come out on top on these situations.....and Why havent we nibbled on Will Fuller?  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:16 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: If they are truly targeting Sewell or Slater we absolutely need a free agent wide receiver, and the only one worthy to me is golladay. Maybe Chad can persuade him to come here. Don't understand why he would want the giants with their QB ,he's a bum. And someone mentioned we will get Pitts which I highly doubt. But is he going to line up as outside receiver also? We are still trying to replace AJ green. And if we draft a lower round rookie it's going to be unlikely he really contributes.

Hell I'd take Will Fuller... All he does is score 70 yard TDs. His injury history scares me though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: hate to be a debbie downer here but Bengals RARELY come out on top on these situations.....and Why havent we nibbled on Will Fuller?  

We have been linked to him I read. As to being on top, this really is a hail mary as we aren't supposed to have any shot on the top WR in this situation but we do which is something at least. 
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals don't get Golloday its going to be a terrible look for them.

The Giants are cash strapped and Burrow is now even pitching to Golloday and Golloday himself has reached out to the Bengals and wants to be here. There is absolutely zero excuse why the Bengals shouldn't get this deal done.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I definitely expect us to sign a WR in free agency, but I didn't see it being any of the top guys who demand a lot of money.

Won't complain if we do sign Golliday.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals don't get Golloday its going to be a terrible look for them.

The Giants are cash strapped and Burrow is now even pitching to Golloday and Golloday himself has reached out to the Bengals and wants to be here. There is absolutely zero excuse why the Bengals shouldn't get this deal done.

How do you know Burrow is talking to him?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals don't get Golloday its going to be a terrible look for them.

That makes no sense. From everything we have read recently the NYG/Golladay interest is mutual. NYG is offering a multi-year deal and we are offering one year. I don't think the Bengals ever really had him in their plans but the opportunity arose and so they will make an offer but it probably didn't have future money slotted for him hence the one-year deal.

I look at it as it's great if it happens but if not oh well. I think fans are getting excited because of the big name and a fun toy, but it's not like he was a staple to our off-season plans. I applaud them to being flexible to consider doing something that wasn't in the plan but they attempted to adapt to the landscape, even if it doesn't work out.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: How do you know Burrow is talking to him?

Rappaport on Twitter said Burrow has been pitching to Golloday. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: That makes no sense. From everything we have read recently the NYG/Golladay interest is mutual. NYG is offering a multi-year deal and we are offering one year. I don't think the Bengals ever really had him in their plans but the opportunity arose and so they will make an offer but it probably didn't have future money slotted for him hence the one-year deal.

I look at it as it's great if it happens but if not oh well. I think fans are getting excited because of the big name and a fun toy, but it's not like he was a staple to our off-season plans. I applaud them to being flexible to consider doing something that wasn't in the plan but they attempted to adapt to the landscape, even if it doesn't work out.

Adding a new receiver should have been a staple of the off-season plans. Especially one as good as Golloday. 
Reply/Quote
No way we sign him. We have a better shot at Shuster or Fuller.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Adding a new receiver should have been a staple of the off-season plans. Especially one as good as Golloday. 

I am sure adding one was, but they probably didn't plan on having a shot at Golladay. The issue here is NYG probably will offer a bigger signing bonus and I have already covered why we don't and have not given out big signing bonuses. If he wants to re-enter the market next year in a better financial situation it makes sense to come here, if he just wants the security and signing bonus of a three-year deal NYG makes sense. 

I don't see if as a "bad look" if he chooses the three year deal over the one. 
Reply/Quote

everything i have seen says We made an offer but Golloday wants to play in New York
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: everything i have seen says We made an offer but Golloday wants to play in New York

Everything that I have seen says that Golloday approached the Bengals about wanting to come to Cincy, not the other way around. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:54 PM)Mark123 Wrote: No way we sign him. We have a better shot at Shuster or Fuller.

Fuller doesn't know how to go easy on the Pepsi.  Shuster got humbled with that hit, but he would be solid value the way the market is going. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everything that I have seen says that Golloday approached the Bengals about wanting to come to Cincy, not the other way around. 

I just don't get this situation. The story goes he approached the Bengals and asked for a 1 year deal to rebound next year when the market (and cap) is better. But he has mutual interest in the Giants because they offered a multiple year deal? I thought he wanted a 1 year deal?

Something about this story I can't quiet put my finger on. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: I just don't get this situation. The story goes he approached the Bengals and asked for a 1 year deal to rebound next year when the market (and cap) is better. But he has mutual interest in the Giants because they offered a multiple year deal? I thought he wanted a 1 year deal?

Something about this story I can't quiet put my finger on. 

The way I see it, he realizes the WR market is down (a combination of a glut of receivers all coming due at the same time, the decreased cap making teams prioritize more expensive positions like offensive line and QB, and the recent trend of rookie and 2nd year WRs playing incredibly well even if not taken in the first round) and so he wants to team up with a QB that doesn't have a star WR in an offensive scheme that passes it way too much, to bolster his stats for a true free agency run in 2022. 

The Bengals led the league in pass attempts up until Burrow was injured, if I'm not mistaken, and while we have two really good WRs, we do not have a star #1 receiver (yet. Higgins can develop into one next year or the year after). He probably sees the opportunity to work with Burrow as a means to get really elevated stats and get a huge deal in 2022.

I think the reason he's still entertaining the Giants is the same reason anyone would entertain the idea of long term security. What if he takes the 1 year deal and gets injured? What if Burrow has a year and a half working with Higgins and Boyd and he becomes the third target?

Also of note, we don't know what either team is offering. Maybe the Bengals are offering a 1 year 8 million dollar offer and the Giants are offering a 3 year 30 million dollar offer. Sure, the Bengals offer is lower but it could allow him to get a 3 year 45 million dollar deal next season, which would be a net gain. But taking the 30 million dollar deal (especially if a lot of it is in a signing bonus, meaning it hits his bank account this year, since the Giants don't have a lot of cap space) could be better for his immediate financial future and security.

It's a tough decision. I would need to know the terms of the contract offers before I could say what I would do, but the idea of betting on yourself vs taking the security is a struggle I think a lot of people have to deal with even in their day to day lives ("Do I keep working my boring office job or start my small business built around my passion" kind of thing).

It'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds.
Reply/Quote