Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals offered Golladay
(03-17-2021, 08:46 PM)pulses Wrote: If he didn't have the drama he would actually be a nice addition here.

I disagree, I don't think he is the type of WR we need to pair with Boyd and Higgins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: The hip injury should pause excitement. The money would be better spent on an Olineman, or DT. DE is quickly drying up.

Scratch DT thanks to the Raiders. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:48 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I disagree, I don't think he is the type of WR we need to pair with Boyd and Higgins.

Maybe he'll go to Green Bay they need a WR.
Reply/Quote
An offensive skill group of golladay, Higgins, Boyd, Pitts and mixon sounds pretty damn exciting.

Not that I’m expecting a golladay signing and I want Sewell if he’s there, but just seeing it in print looks nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: An offensive skill group of golladay, Higgins, Boyd, Pitts and mixon sounds pretty damn exciting.

Not that I’m expecting a golladay signing and I want Sewell if he’s there, but just seeing it in print looks nice

Would be tough to get them the ball with the QB in the infirmary 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll bet this was leaked by his agent in order to get a better offer elsewhere.

I agree with this idea.
Reply/Quote
We know how this goes. I’ll eat my hat made of crow if the bengals get Golladay
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: We know how this goes. I’ll eat my hat made of crow if the bengals get Golladay

It definitely has that leveraging-the Bengals feeling.  I'm good if we get him and good if we don't. but I hope we don't let the receiver market dry up while we wait on him to make a decision if that's what they want.

It sort of scares me that the plan to attacking FA seems like a lot of being reactive rather than aggressively going after guys that they think will help.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Would be tough to get them the ball with the QB in the infirmary 

They could still sign a free agent guard and draft ot in 2.

I think you skipped the part where I said I’d rather have Sewell if he’s there

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was going to mention this last night. If we can get Golladay on a one year 10mil deal or somewhere around there we could essentially be buying a 2023 3rd round pick too if it all works out. Bring him in to our pass happy offense. Let Joe go ham in his 2nd year. Golladay hits free agency again next year and gets his big payday and we get a 3rd round comp pick the following year.

I’d be all for this

Yep, when you have a top QB rinse and repeat this. No reason we can't then do the same next year to replace him as well.

Alas, this is all just a ploy to drive up the Giants' offer. Show that he has options to wring a few more dollars out of NY. But the same logic will apply to Will Fuller/Perriman/Higgins. They can come here on an one year prove it deal, Burrow can make them look good and then they can cash in 2022 and Bengals will pick up a nice 2023 comp pick for doing so.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:35 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They could still sign a free agent guard and draft ot in 2.

I think you skipped the part where I said I’d rather have Sewell if he’s there

I didn't skip it. I wasn't criticizing you, either.

The quality G market has virtually dried up at this point. Larry Warford is the only major upgrade left that I can see. The Bengals have been beaten to the punch at literally every turn in regards to linemen... by teams that beat them on the field regularly.

Just any old G isn't going to fix the problem. They had that last year and look at the mess left. And the drafting an OT is a horrible plan to RELY on. It's a hope that the guy can come in and olay immediately.  Well, hell, they will have to force him to.

The Bengals last 6 years if linemen drafts have yield almost exclusively TRASH. Lone exception being Williams... who is PFF graded, like, less than 4 points higher than Bobby Heart.

The only... ONLY think I can think of is they will 100% take a new LT in the 1st or 2nd and then move Williams in to LG and keep Heart at RT. But, they cannot control if or which LT will be available. Horrific, doomsday plan.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:46 PM)pulses Wrote: If he didn't have the drama he would actually be a nice addition here.

If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle.

Pass on JuJu, and his social media influencer schtick. He's a pantywaist.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:11 PM)jason Wrote: If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle.

a "pantywaist"...now thats something I havent heard in along long time....thanks for the chuckle
I agree, dont need this BS going on weekly 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:16 PM)kalibengal Wrote: a "pantywaist"...now thats something I havent heard in along long time....thanks for the chuckle
I agree, dont need this BS going on weekly 

I thought about going with "clitty litter" to describe him, but wasn't sure if the young'ns were still up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Appears Golladay is using the Bengals for leverage as he prefers the Giants.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/17/22337024/nfl-rumors-kenny-golladay-giants-news-bengals-free-agents-2021
Reply/Quote
Then why even "approach" the Bengals. Smells of desperation if true. A twist from the regular use us for leverage script.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If they are truly targeting Sewell or Slater we absolutely need a free agent wide receiver, and the only one worthy to me is golladay. Maybe Chad can persuade him to come here. Don't understand why he would want the giants with their QB ,he's a bum. And someone mentioned we will get Pitts which I highly doubt. But is he going to line up as outside receiver also? We are still trying to replace AJ green. And if we draft a lower round rookie it's going to be unlikely he really contributes.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 09:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: An offensive skill group of golladay, Higgins, Boyd, Pitts and mixon sounds pretty damn exciting.

Instantly what I started thinking as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:29 PM)pulses Wrote: I believe they are gonna draft Pitts so he fills that spot We needed another TE anyways now that Carter is gone. Geno was gonna be cut and we have Tupou coming back plus we'll draft someone.

OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:11 PM)jason Wrote: If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle.

I definitely agreeThumbsUp
Reply/Quote