Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach (/Thread-Former-NFL-Executive-Zac-Taylor-Not-Qualified-to-be-Head-Coach)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - GreenCornBengal - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 03:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: when you had the worst line in the league

your number 1 overall pick qb gets his knee torn

your 1st round left tackle cant stay healthy

and your starting center also has his knee ripped to shreds (late in the season too)

there are no other priorities and holes that matter more than the offensive line

they didnt do enough.

This logic is great if your sole focus is keeping Joe Burrow upright, but isn’t the goal to win games and go to the playoffs?

Zac Taylor wants to keep his job. If Burrow stays healthy but we still lose, great, but he isn’t keeping his job. The best strategy for him was try to positively improve every aspect of the team with the resources available to him in order to win more games…that’s what the team did.

I agree with the strategy, you can’t just put all your resources in one area because keeping Joe healthy is a top priority… to put it another way, ok, let’s take Hendricksons money and move that to a top FA on the online… Joe has a slightly better chance at staying healthy but our defensive pressure is nonexistent. We are gonna lose more games that way IMO…

At the end of the day we are the Cincinnati Bengals, not the Joe Burrows.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - PDub80 - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 04:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This logic is great if your sole focus is keeping Joe Burrow upright, but isn’t the goal to win games and go to the playoffs?

Zac Taylor wants to keep his job. If Burrow stays healthy but we still lose, great, but he isn’t keeping his job. The best strategy for him was try to positively improve every aspect of the team with the resources available to him in order to win more games…that’s what the team did.

I agree with the strategy, you can’t just put all your resources in one area because keeping Joe healthy is a top priority… to put it another way, ok, let’s take Hendricksons money and move that to a top FA on the online… Joe has a slightly better chance at staying healthy but our defensive pressure is nonexistent. We are gonna lose more games that way IMO…

I am actually starting a petition for the name change. Great idea! 

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Frank Booth - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 04:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This logic is great if your sole focus is keeping Joe Burrow upright, but isn’t the goal to win games and go to the playoffs?

oh I get that, and I am firmly on the side of bengals 

but you just nabbed the number 1 overall rookie qb last year in the draft. 

so since he plays a factor in the bengals winning games,

wouldnt you want to protect him at all costs? We saw what happened last year, and frankly, it wasn't surprising.

You dont want to play this like the Colts did with Andrew Luck

I get it, you gotta do what's best for the team

but what's best for the team is keeping Burrow upright.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - GreenCornBengal - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 05:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oh I get that, and I am firmly on the side of bengals 

wouldnt you want to protect him at all costs? We saw what happened last year, and frankly, it wasn't surprising.

Long term yes, but these coaches are thinking short term. They must win now to keep their jobs and prove their 3 year plan will result in greater successes. Joe Burrows health next year doesn’t really matter if you are going to get fired before then.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 04:22 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: My guess would be Mike Brown and his wallet.

Yep, pretty much.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Frank Booth - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 09:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Long term yes, but these coaches are thinking short term. They must win now to keep their jobs and prove their 3 year plan will result in greater successes. Joe Burrows health next year doesn’t really matter if you are going to get fired before then.

you dont see anything wrong with that?

you should be furious 

we should be furious

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Tony - 07-01-2021

I hope Zack shuts all these MFers up this year.. I think this is the year.. They won't be talking all that shit about 6 weeks in when they are 5-1 with a top 3 offense...

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - GreenCornBengal - 07-02-2021

(07-01-2021, 10:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you dont see anything wrong with that?

you should be furious 

we should be furious

I guess, but I typically don’t get furious over stuff I can’t control. All I’m saying is I understand why Zac and his staff took the gamble with Chase instead of the safe long term option with Sewell. They need to selfishly win now.

It’ll be interesting to look back in a few years. If Burrow can stay healthy moving forward with Chase the gamble could be a huge success. If he gets hurt, ZT will always be the guy who hurt Burrow’s chances in the nfl.

Again, just remember, coaches only have so much loyalty to their employers… ZT wasn’t thinking for the long term here.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-02-2021

(07-01-2021, 10:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you dont see anything wrong with that?

you should be furious 

we should be furious

I mean sure, if you have a future job/livelihood based on the teams success, but you don't, so why be outraged? Typical American behaviour or are you just bitter and angry? (not taking a personal jab, genuinely serious line of questioning).

If you learn to not get angry at things you don't control, you will be much happier in life and you DEFINITELY will find more to be positive about, when it comes to this team and other things you like.

EDIT* Aaaaaaand Greencorn beat me to it.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - J24 - 07-02-2021

I put the mess that we are currently in more on Duke and the rest of our front office then Taylor.

It wasn't Taylor that let a HOF LT just walk out the door, it wasn't Taylor that let a good RG walk out the door, it wasn't Taylor that 3 out of 4 1st Rd draft picks not have their 5th year option picked up, and it wasn't Taylor who passed on Mahomes for John freaking Ross!

Taylor has his problems but the biggest problem he has is Duke.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - GreenCornBengal - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 12:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean sure, if you have a future job/livelihood based on the teams success, but you don't, so why be outraged? Typical American behaviour or are you just bitter and angry? (not taking a personal jab, genuinely serious line of questioning).

If you learn to not get angry at things you don't control, you will be much happier in life and you DEFINITELY will find more to be positive about, when it comes to this team and other things you like.

I’ve always believed id make a decent Canadian lol

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Go Cards - 07-02-2021

(06-30-2021, 09:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure where you are coming up with many of these claims.

For example you talk about "collapse late in season when games mattered to make playoffs".  That '07 team was decimated by injury yet they finished 5-3, and I don't recall any season after that when we collapsed and lost key games late in the season causing us to miss playoffs.

And Marvin absolutely dominated the Browns head-to-head.

You talk about blowing leads but over the next 8 years after that '07 season the Bengals won .696% of the games where they held a lead which was 8th best in the league.

You complain about "missed/poor tackling" but the Bengals allowed the 5th fewest yards in the league from '08-'15.

Agree 

Yet do think Marvin took his foot off the gas way too early at times which can be costly in this league. 

Think his biggest fault was being too nice. 

Wish he would have become Bengals GM though and really believe he would be a good one.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Nately120 - 07-02-2021

(07-01-2021, 11:56 PM)Tony Wrote: I hope Zack shuts all these MFers up this year.. I think this is the year.. They won't be talking all that shit about 6 weeks in when they are 5-1 with a  top 3 offense...

Why not 6-0 there, gloomy gus?  I hope ZT makes you look like a fool for assuming he'd lose that 1 game. 

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Sled21 - 07-02-2021

(07-01-2021, 05:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oh I get that, and I am firmly on the side of bengals 

You act like the only way to do that is to add Sewell. Giving Burrow a WR who gets quick separation and therefore gives him a quicker release option to throw to keeps him upright as well. The difference is, having Chase puts points on the board.

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - TJ528 - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 06:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Why not 6-0 there, gloomy gus?  I hope ZT makes you look like a fool for assuming he'd lose that 1 game. 

I'm really hoping that Zac Taylor makes me eat every word i've said about him this off season.  

I hope the Bengals make the playoffs and a Super Bowl run this  year. 

However, I tend to think realistically.  

I've had so many years of pumping myself up for absolutely shit years from this organization so excuse me if I don't see sunshine and rainbows all the time.  Same disappointment from my Reds.  At least I know each year going into it I have my Buckeyes to get me through football season usually. 

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Nately120 - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 08:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You act like the only way to do that is to add Sewell. Giving Burrow a WR who gets quick separation and therefore gives him a quicker release option to throw to keeps him upright as well. The difference is, having Chase puts points on the board.

Im not against chase and im not even pro Sewell, but the latest SB saw an elite QB and his elite weapons flounder due to constant pressure.

Time will tell. I guess the first time chase makes a great td we will think he was the right pick and the first time Burrow gets lit up we will know we should have taken Sewell. 

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Frank Booth - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 12:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean sure, if you have a future job/livelihood based on the teams success, but you don't, so why be outraged? Typical American behaviour or are you just bitter and angry? (not taking a personal jab, genuinely serious line of questioning).

oh, Im not mad. I should be mad, but I aint

I am annoyed though

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Frank Booth - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 08:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You act like the only way to do that is to add Sewell. Giving Burrow a WR who gets quick separation and therefore gives him a quicker release option to throw to keeps him upright as well. The difference is, having Chase puts points on the board.

Oh goody

the ol' "he doesnt need a good line because his receivers are so good" crap

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - sandwedge - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 08:58 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I'm really hoping that Zac Taylor makes me eat every word i've said about him this off season.  

I hope the Bengals make the playoffs and a Super Bowl run this  year. 

However, I tend to think realistically.  

I've had so many years of pumping myself up for absolutely shit years from this organization so excuse me if I don't see sunshine and rainbows all the time.  Same disappointment from my Reds.  At least I know each year going into it I have my Buckeyes to get me through football season usually. 
No you don't. You want him to fail, its in every post you make. 

RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - GodFather - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 11:19 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Oh goody

the ol' "he doesnt need a good line because his receivers are so good" crap

After the Super Bowl, Kansas City did everything they could to fix their offensive line in spite of the leagues best QB and top receivers. The Bengals on the other hand figured out what Kansas City didn't and Reiff is going to fix the whole offensive line fiasco from last year. We are so lucky to have such a wise and smart front office and coaching.

In other news, who are we taking in the top 10 next year? Ninja