Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/former-nfl-executive-zac-taylor-not-qualified-to-be-head-coach-of-the-bengals

Lombardi not holding back, imagine what he would say about clueless Lou?
Reply/Quote
In other news, water remains wet.
Reply/Quote
Being too stupid to know how many U.S. Senators there are kind of diminishes his opinion.

But he is correct that so far Taylor has not shown a single sign of being a competent head coach.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 09:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Being too stupid to know how many U.S. Senators there are kind of diminishes his opinion.

But he is correct that so far Taylor has not shown a single sign of being a competent head coach.

Does it though?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 08:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/former-nfl-executive-zac-taylor-not-qualified-to-be-head-coach-of-the-bengals

Lombardi not holding back, imagine what he would say about clueless Lou?

Whether there's merit to the notion or not, Lombardi is an idiot, a loser and has arguably as bad a track record as Zac, if not worse.

And he's a Sewell guy, so that's definitely skewing it.

Again, not saying there isn't merit, but look at who's making the comment; If Belicheck or Walsh said it, then I'd listen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't we already kind of know this, though? He went from being QB Coach 1 year to being a HC AND offensive play caller. The last time he was hired to even be just an OC was for 1 year in college and his offense ranked 123/128. He had to be an ASSISTANT WR Coach to get back in the NFL.

Now he's 6-25-1.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 08:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: In other news, water remains wet.

What!?!??! Since when?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 09:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Being too stupid to know how many U.S. Senators there are kind of diminishes his opinion.

The fact that Taylor hasn't won any of the close games speaks volumes on his competence. 
Reply/Quote
If we disagree with this guy are we accepting that a HC with a 6-25-1 record is indeed qualified to coach the Bengals? Is that a self-own?
Reply/Quote
52 US Senators...

I'm not sure Zac Taylor's qualified to be the head coach of the University of Cincinnati, let alone the Bengals. All due respect to Zac Taylor, but let's just call a spade a spade here....

This dude's a hoot...Not entirely wrong, but a hoot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 52 US Senators...

Predictive programming  Ninja

!Remindme in 5 years
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 52 US Senators...

I'm not sure Zac Taylor's qualified to be the head coach of the University of Cincinnati, let alone the Bengals. All due respect to Zac Taylor, but let's just call a spade a spade here....

This dude's a hoot...Not entirely wrong, but a hoot

Yep

I can't really disagree with his assessment but he's.....well yes a hoot.
Reply/Quote
Strangely, the players all obviously feel differently. I value their opinion as a whole far far more than anyone else's.
Reply/Quote
I think we can all agree if ZT doesn't have a winning record this year... he's gone.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:08 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I think we can all agree if ZT doesn't have a winning record this year... he's gone.

Yes he should be !
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I can't really disagree with his assessment but he's.....well yes a hoot.

His "All due respect...."reminds me of:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 09:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whether there's merit to the notion or not, Lombardi is an idiot, a loser and has arguably as bad a track record as Zac, if not worse.

And he's a Sewell guy, so that's definitely skewing it.

Again, not saying there isn't merit, but look at who's making the comment; If Belicheck or Walsh said it, then I'd listen.

Nothing worse than a guy who sucked at his job, calling out someone else.... 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:06 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Strangely, the players all obviously feel differently. I value their opinion as a whole far far more than anyone else's.

Actually we don't know for sure how the players feel.  No matter how bad a coach sucks players almost always speak positively of their current coach.  That applies to every team, not just the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking there are 50 senators.. been awhile since that middle school civics class. I know enough to realize they’re all a bunch of crooks and that I’d rather have the right to choose how they spend my tax money though. Infrastructure would be nice.

Yeah, he’s not wrong about Zac at this point. If they don’t get things rolling this year, it’s time to bring in someone else for sure. I like the young players they’re accumulating though. We could start winning this year. If we underperform because of coaching, I hope they realize before it’s too late though. Hoping the staff can put it together though. It’s a make or break year for me.
Reply/Quote
I think anything short of playoffs should get him fired.
Reply/Quote