Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trade Targets - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Trade Targets (/Thread-Trade-Targets)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Trade Targets - Au165 - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 01:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: damn they skipping the draft again? lol   (its working)

It’s working in the present but when this thing ages out they are going to be historically bad. Kronkie needs that SB money to help with this lawsuit haha.

RE: Trade Targets - XenoMorph - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 01:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s working in the present but when this thing ages out they are going to be historically bad. Kronkie needs that SB money to help with this lawsuit haha.

yeah that whole thing was shady...  I remember it well as my boss at the time was a St Louis Rams fan.

RE: Trade Targets - Au165 - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 01:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah that whole thing was shady...  I remember it well as my boss at the time was a St Louis Rams fan.

The rumor is the NFL is going to give them an expansion team to settle because they are potentially liable for billions in damages.

RE: Trade Targets - pally - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 01:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s working in the present but when this thing ages out they are going to be historically bad. Kronkie needs that SB money to help with this lawsuit haha.

and aging out is rapidly approaching

RE: Trade Targets - XenoMorph - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 01:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: The rumor is the NFL is going to give them an expansion team to settle because they are potentially liable for billions in damages.

Where on earth would they stick the 33rd team...   Would need to add at least 8 teams to keep the league/divisions even.

RE: Trade Targets - Synric - 11-01-2021

I don't expect the Bengals to make any blockbuster trades because they still aren't the "contender" type (I would be saying this even without the Jets loss). Could they make a depth move for a late round pick yea but they are a young team that draft picks will help more than high priced trades.

RE: Trade Targets - Tony - 11-01-2021

How do the rams afford all these guys... Ridiculous.. I knew we wouldn't land him.. This team is dead ass .

Trade Targets - BenZoo2 - 11-01-2021

(10-29-2021, 03:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Again, Football is not like Baseball or Basketball.  You can have Baseball or Basketball All-Star Games.  If you can hit or pitch, it doesn't matter what team you are on.  If you can shoot or rebound, it doesn't matter what team you are on.  However Football All-Star games always stink because they do not have the time to learn a playbook.  Football is practicing and practicing the Team Playbook, over and over.  

So you can have a trade deadline in Baseball or Basketball and players can switch teams pretty easy.  Not so in Football.  In Football you just don't walk in halfway through a season and say, " Here I Am ".   All these Bengals who have been practicing The Bengals Playbook since Training Camps are miles ahead of whoever they would bring in.  This is true of College, High School, Junior High School and Pee Wee Football.  No Coach has any use for somebody who shows up halfway through the season as a newcomer.  

So Football and it's complex playbooks and Team Work make Football completely different than Baseball or Basketball.  The Bengals would be silly to trade Players or Draft Picks, because THIS IS THEIR TEAM.  These players who have practiced the playbook since Training Camp, THIS IS THEIR TEAM.  It is not baseball or basketball.  Football is all about practicing The Playbook and Team Work, and you don't just walk onto a team halfway through the season. 

As for those Draft Picks, don't The Bengals kind of want some Draft Picks of their own in April.  I would think they do. 

Paul Brown said just because a player looks good on some team, does not mean he would fit into my team. Paul Brown said there is an esprit de corps, and he would rather have his teams players that have been practicing as one unit. I also recall one of the toughest kids in high school showing up for practice halfway through the season. The coach asked him some playbook questions and he didn't have a clue. The coach asked him then what the heck makes him think he can join the team halfway through the season, and told him to leave his field and come back next year for training camp like all the others. Then the coach made a speech, " You have been here since training camp. You are MY TEAM". Per Paul Brown, THAT is Football. There are no mid season walk on players, THE TEAM is the players from Training Camp on.

I'll add Super Bowl Wins, and players asked how they did it. They always say it started early in Training Camp. I'm positive if you ask The Bengals how they are now 5-2 on the season, they would all say that it started early in Training Camp. That the attitude and motivation was there early on. I've never heard a Super Bowl team say they won because of some smuck they add halfway through the season, they always say their Super Bowl win started back early in Training Camp.

Thank you for writing another war and peace type post. Just so you know, you don’t need to explain to me the differences between the sports when it comes to trading, especially in season. Save that for your 8 year old grandson.

And in a lot of cases players can walk in and say here I am. Every team in each sport has their own plays and terminology every new player must learn. I’d much rather have a stephon Gilmore come in and learn ours than wait for wayans to get healthy enough to play because he’s our guy. I’d rather the front office improve THEIR team if the opportunity presents itself.

Maybe you’ve heard but the rams just traded 2nd and 3rd round picks to the Broncos for von Miller. I doubt he has to learn to rush the passer. Seems like he will just show, say here I am and let’s go. And the rams will accept him with open arms cause they’re trying to win a super bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Trade Targets - Destro - 11-01-2021

And didn't Zach Ertz get traded and was the 1st player to catch a TD for different teams in back to back weeks? Not as popular in the NFL, but they happen.

RE: Trade Targets - michaelsean - 11-01-2021

A 2nd and 3rd for Von Miller may work if you are making an immediate run for the SB. Realistically the Bengals aren’t. If the Rams win it all in the next couple years then good on them. If they don’t, then they have a grim future with nothing to show for it.

RE: Trade Targets - bfine32 - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 01:50 PM)Tony Wrote: How do the rams afford all these guys... Ridiculous.. I knew we wouldn't land him.. This team is dead ass .

I'd like for them to show me thy changed. Give me something; if they don't I'll bfine put let's do something different. Denver has shown to be sellers and Kyle Fuller is currently their 3rd CB. 

Something like that 

RE: Trade Targets - NUGDUKWE - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 01:50 PM)Tony Wrote: How do the rams afford all these guys... Ridiculous.. I knew we wouldn't land him.. This team is dead ass .

I did see as part of the trade Denver pays 9mil of Von Millers 9.7mil salary. I also heard they have 1 pick next year.

RE: Trade Targets - Gdale_Bengal - 11-02-2021

(11-01-2021, 10:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I did see as part of the trade Denver pays 9mil of Von Millers 9.7mil salary. I also heard they have 1 pick next year.

They give away all there draft capital for players. They traded for an edge rusher they year they went to the super bowl I think. I’m sure they believe they are headed in that direction with this move too

RE: Trade Targets - pally - 11-02-2021

Steelers are trading Melvin Ingram to the Chiefs for a 6th round pick

RE: Trade Targets - Nately120 - 11-02-2021

(11-01-2021, 10:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A 2nd and 3rd for Von Miller may work if you are making an immediate run for the SB. Realistically the Bengals aren’t.  If the Rams win it all in the next couple years then good on them. If they don’t, then they have a grim future with nothing to show for it.

I guess.  We had a grim 5 years with nary a playoff win to show for our golden days, though.  Stuff gets grim for a lot of teams who don't even bother going all-in.

RE: Trade Targets - bfine32 - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 11:04 AM)pally Wrote: Steelers are trading Melvin Ingram to the Chiefs for a 6th round pick

As I understand it Ingram was an aging veteran who was not producing but still thought he should be starting and was causing locker room issues; sound familiar?

Some edge players that are rumored to be available are:

Derek Barnett
Emmanual Ogbah

RE: Trade Targets - Au165 - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 11:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As I understand it Ingram was an aging veteran who was not producing but still thought he should be starting and was causing locker room issues; sound familiar?

Derek Barnett
Emmanual Ogbah

Ogbah has flashed at times, Miami may be shutting it down here soon. The only problem with getting guys of their defense is Flores is so ingrained in it, it may be tough. They already said they wouldn't move Howard.

RE: Trade Targets - Nicomo Cosca - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 11:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As I understand it Ingram was an aging veteran who was not producing but still thought he should be starting and was causing locker room issues; sound familiar?

Derek Barnett
Emmanual Ogbah

I wanted us to draft Barnett. I wonder what he would cost?

RE: Trade Targets - Au165 - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 12:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wanted us to draft Barnett. I wonder what he would cost?

Last year of his deal, probably a 5th or 6th.

RE: Trade Targets - lone bengal - 11-02-2021

I just don’t see the Bengals making a trade and it’s not because there cheap or don’t make trades I think they’ve debunked that theory the last 2 years. The only position that makes sense on defense is a rotational DE who won’t cost much. You could make a case for CB but there not giving up major assets for one ,I think there banking on Wayne’s coming back who there paying a ton or think Apple is there best option. On offense guard/ center depth is the only one that makes sense. I don’t see them bringing in a center who will replace Hopkins mid season and start but I wouldn’t mind a solid backup and I rather roll with Jackson at guard versus bringing in someone slightly better at guard for 1 year that will stunt his growth he’s shown some good flashes at times. Hill as the first center guard off the bench is scary I think there banking on XSF coming back.