Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Targets
We're about 5 days away from the trade deadline and if this team really wants to make a statement they'll look to make a trade to strengthen the team. Let us know who you think is a reasonable target and upgrade. The most obvious targets are veterans on expiring contracts on losing teams.

A couple I'll throw out:

Kyle Fuller/CB/Denver

Jason Kelce/C/Philly

Xavien Howard/CB/Fins

Who you got?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We're about 5 days away from the trade deadline and if this team really wants to make a statement they'll look to make a trade to strengthen the team. Let us know who you think is a reasonable target and upgrade. The most obvious targets are veterans on expiring contracts on losing teams.

A couple I'll through out:

Kyle Fuller/CB/Denver

Jason Kelce/C/Philly

Xavien Howard/CB/Fins

Who you got?

Alex Karras/C/NE

Marlon Mack/RB/Indy

Melvin Gordon/RB/Broncos

Brandon Scherff/G/WFT
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown and a fifth round draft pick for Steve Biscotti!
Reply/Quote
Kelce, Howard, or Scherff would be immediate upgrades
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We're about 5 days away from the trade deadline and if this team really wants to make a statement they'll look to make a trade to strengthen the team. Let us know who you think is a reasonable target and upgrade. The most obvious targets are veterans on expiring contracts on losing teams.

A couple I'll through out:

Kyle Fuller/CB/Denver

Jason Kelce/C/Philly

Xavien Howard/CB/Fins

Who you got?

Holey Sheet. Imagine if the Bengals could get this guy...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Trey Flowers from Detroit E/T combo player or LJ Colier from Seattle E/T type player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I like Center Karras
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Kelce or Karras would be a dream. I love Hopkins but there's no doubt hes the weak spot of this OL. Also having him be our interior swing backup at C and Gs could be really big. With our bye could give either player a 17 or so day window to get acclimated to the system and hopefully no issues there.

Jonah-Spain-Kelce-Carman-Reiff
Adeniji ..... Hopkins .......... Prince
.......... XSF............. Smith

(If Pollak trusts Carman you could even slide him to a tackle spot and slide Hopkins in to RG if a tackle gets hurt)

You look at that OL and suddenly we are solidly average with a bit of depth to boot.

Cigar
Reply/Quote

A couple I'll throw out:

Kyle Fuller/CB/Denver

Jason Kelce/C/Philly

Xavien Howard/CB/Fins

Who you got?

This is nonsense and it's not the same as the Reds or Baseball trade deadline.  The Bengals have the team chemistry that has them the #1 team in the AFC right now.  So trading players off this team makes no sense.  Plus unlike baseball, football has playbooks hat they practice, and practice.  THIS is our Team.  These our are players. THIS is our TEAM.   Nobody can come in here and catch up on the fly and be as good on the playbook as the players who have been here since Training Camp.  THIS is our TEAM, and the 2021 Bengals have the team to win The Super Bowl.   Unlike Baseball, the NFL trade deadline is silly.  Baseball has no playbooks, Football does.  The Bengals have a very good team Right Now, and they should not trade anybody.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 05:07 AM)kevin Wrote: This is nonsense and it's not the same as the Reds or Baseball trade deadline.  The Bengals have the team chemistry that has them the #1 team in the AFC right now.  So trading players off this team makes no sense.  Plus unlike baseball, football has playbooks hat they practice, and practice.  THIS is our Team.  These our are players. THIS is our TEAM.   Nobody can come in here and catch up on the fly and be as good on the playbook as the players who have been here since Training Camp.  THIS is our TEAM, and the 2021 Bengals have the team to win The Super Bowl.   Unlike Baseball, the NFL trade deadline is silly.  Baseball has no playbooks, Football does.  The Bengals have a very good team Right Now, and they should not trade anybody.  

It does make some sense when they still have a glaring need at center or can have impactful upgrades at DE and CB. Think the rams made a trade at the deadline to help make a push for a championship a few years ago. It’s a risk for the highest of rewards, just gotta find the right partner
Reply/Quote
This team may be a playoff team, but SB? I wouldn't mind a trade for depth on OL or LB or CB.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
When we signing bates?
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy acquiring a better punt returner.
Reply/Quote
If yer gonna make a trade you gotta have something to trade with. The Bengals can't just toss starters under the bus and expect everyone else to be happy with it at this point. I don't know that many players would be happy to see Hopkins gone either at this point in the season knowing what he's been through. If he's been just some 3rd string scrub it would be different. Apple is coming around quite nicely so the glaring need for a starting CB isn't there. Which LB do you think needs to go? I don't see any now.. The only weaknesses I see now are backups and depth players, but starters right now? I just don't see it.. Still, you gotta have something to trade to swap out guys..or some team who just wants to get rid of a better player for a much weaker player ala the Giants trade for Price. How often do you step in shit coming out smelling like roses? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I will be absolutely stunned if the Bengals make even one small trade! I would love to have Howard, but as long as Waynes is under contract there's not a prayer for Howard!
Reply/Quote
Trades are not an easy thing to pull off in the NFL, but yes there are some teams that may consider dumping some salary. The yeams in trouble who lose again Sunday may be willing.

I have always like Jason Kelce. Yes, he is older, but would be a good starter at center and help our back up OL situation on the interior. Having said that, Hudson is a year removed from major surgery and seems to be getting better each week.

A great CB would definitely help. It would not happen, buy Waynes for Howard and we give them a pick would be a huge upgrade and no loss in continuity since Waynes has yet to play much.

But my money is on we don't make a trade, I would be shocked if we did.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: When we signing bates?

Agreed.

Bates, CB, C in about order.  Hopkins appears to be improving every week.  You can always use CB depth or upgrades.

But Bates.   Get this guy signed.   Get it done now!
Reply/Quote
I don't see a trade unless it's a starter, and I don't see much room outside of Center for a new starter.

Don't want to hijack your thread Bfine (here comes the hijack), but I'd be more interested in unloading a couple players...

Trae Waynes
Drew Sample
XSF
Perine
Tupou
Phillips
Tate

Anyone I'm missing? Let's build draft capital and keep building on this thing we got going.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ge the Giants on the phone STAT! Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: When we signing bates?

This is the only news I keep looking forward to.
Reply/Quote