Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Targets
(10-29-2021, 05:07 AM)kevin Wrote: This is nonsense and it's not the same as the Reds or Baseball trade deadline.  The Bengals have the team chemistry that has them the #1 team in the AFC right now.  So trading players off this team makes no sense.  Plus unlike baseball, football has playbooks hat they practice, and practice.  THIS is our Team.  These our are players. THIS is our TEAM.   Nobody can come in here and catch up on the fly and be as good on the playbook as the players who have been here since Training Camp.  THIS is our TEAM, and the 2021 Bengals have the team to win The Super Bowl.   Unlike Baseball, the NFL trade deadline is silly.  Baseball has no playbooks, Football does.  The Bengals have a very good team Right Now, and they should not trade anybody.  

(10-29-2021, 10:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: If yer gonna make a trade you gotta have something to trade with. The Bengals can't just toss starters under the bus and expect everyone else to be happy with it at this point. I don't know that many players would be happy to see Hopkins gone either at this point in the season knowing what he's been through. If he's been just some 3rd string scrub it would be different. Apple is coming around quite nicely so the glaring need for a starting CB isn't there. Which LB do you think needs to go? I don't see any now.. The only weaknesses I see now are backups and depth players, but starters right now? I just don't see it.. Still, you gotta have something to trade to swap out guys..or some team who just wants to get rid of a better player for a much weaker player ala the Giants trade for Price. How often do you step in shit coming out smelling like roses? 
There are these things known as draft picks. Teams trying to rebuild love them. Teams that are competing for top spots don't care for them as much. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Irwin is good, trade him for a good back up CB.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 11:13 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Irwin is good, trade him for a good back up CB.

id love to get another edge guy... just dont know who maybe out there worth making a move for? I did see that Melvin Ingram maybe available?
If Trey goes down, that would be a massive hit to our pass rush...Hubbard doesnt have games like he did every week, Trey is consistently putting on the heat  no matter who he is up against. If we had somehow kept Tak on our roster last yr we would be set there. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 11:18 AM)kalibengal Wrote: id love to get another edge guy... just dont know who maybe out there worth making a move for? I did see that Melvin Ingram maybe available?
If Trey goes down, that would be a massive hit to our pass rush...Hubbard doesnt have games like he did every week, Trey is consistently putting on the heat  no matter who he is up against. If we had somehow kept Tak on our roster last yr we would be set there. 

Yep. That failed physical sucks in retrospect. 

However, I did see Kareem is eligible to be activated. Perhaps he will provide a boost. Looked pretty good in preseason.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 10:51 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: This is the only news I keep looking forward to.

i think rewarding the guys playing well will look better than bringing in outside help
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 11:18 AM)kalibengal Wrote: id love to get another edge guy... just dont know who maybe out there worth making a move for? I did see that Melvin Ingram maybe available?

Seattle, who is 2-5 and going nowhere, has an aging veteran who is currently 2nd on their depth chart. He's only a couple years removed from a 9 sack season and managed 6 last year after a terrible start. He's struggling this year with only 0.5 sacks, but a change of scenery seems to energize him. 

Only issue: we'd have to put him #1 on depth chart or he'll get mad. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 05:07 AM)kevin Wrote: This is nonsense and it's not the same as the Reds or Baseball trade deadline.  The Bengals have the team chemistry that has them the #1 team in the AFC right now.  So trading players off this team makes no sense.  Plus unlike baseball, football has playbooks hat they practice, and practice.  THIS is our Team.  These our are players. THIS is our TEAM.   Nobody can come in here and catch up on the fly and be as good on the playbook as the players who have been here since Training Camp.  THIS is our TEAM, and the 2021 Bengals have the team to win The Super Bowl.   Unlike Baseball, the NFL trade deadline is silly.  Baseball has no playbooks, Football does.  The Bengals have a very good team Right Now, and they should not trade anybody.  

This is ridiculous.  Players get traded and come in to contribute all the time.  It is THIS coaching staff that brought this team together, and if they think they can bring in someone at the trade deadline to help the team, then I trust them to do so.

These statements mean you think the people who built the team would risk breaking the chemistry, and that is ridiculous.  You fear what might be, but if they trade for someone they will be looking forward to what could be, and not blind to a potential benefit.

Quote:Thanos And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.
Don't fear change.  Embrace it.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see us get Andy Isabella off of the Cardinals, he seems to be inactive every week, and would give us another option at WR and upgrade overall depth, or Jason Kelce from the Eagles to give us a solid backup C/G option with Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seattle, who is 2-5 and going nowhere, has an aging veteran who is currently 2nd on their depth chart. He's only a couple years removed from a 9 sack season and managed 6 last year after a terrible start. He's struggling this year with only 0.5 sacks, but a change of scenery seems to energize him. 

Only issue: we'd have to put him #1 on depth chart or he'll get mad. 

Or get rid of the coaches.  It was all their fault (just ask Fred).
Reply/Quote
Want to throw out there the pivot would be a tough mid season position switch... also Hopkins is looking up since it's been around 11 months since his knee injury.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

You realize trading for these guys would most likely be for draft picks and us picking up the remaining contracts? We wouldn’t be dealing starters or key reserves for these guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 02:21 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You realize trading for these guys would most likely be for draft picks and us picking up the remaining contracts?  We wouldn’t be dealing starters or key reserves for these guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, Football is not like Baseball or Basketball.  You can have Baseball or Basketball All-Star Games.  If you can hit or pitch, it doesn't matter what team you are on.  If you can shoot or rebound, it doesn't matter what team you are on.  However Football All-Star games always stink because they do not have the time to learn a playbook.  Football is practicing and practicing the Team Playbook, over and over.  

So you can have a trade deadline in Baseball or Basketball and players can switch teams pretty easy.  Not so in Football.  In Football you just don't walk in halfway through a season and say, " Here I Am ".   All these Bengals who have been practicing The Bengals Playbook since Training Camps are miles ahead of whoever they would bring in.  This is true of College, High School, Junior High School and Pee Wee Football.  No Coach has any use for somebody who shows up halfway through the season as a newcomer.  

So Football and it's complex playbooks and Team Work make Football completely different than Baseball or Basketball.  The Bengals would be silly to trade Players or Draft Picks, because THIS IS THEIR TEAM.  These players who have practiced the playbook since Training Camp, THIS IS THEIR TEAM.  It is not baseball or basketball.  Football is all about practicing The Playbook and Team Work, and you don't just walk onto a team halfway through the season. 

As for those Draft Picks, don't The Bengals kind of want some Draft Picks of their own in April.  I would think they do. 

Paul Brown said just because a player looks good on some team, does not mean he would fit into my team. Paul Brown said there is an esprit de corps, and he would rather have his teams players that have been practicing as one unit. I also recall one of the toughest kids in high school showing up for practice halfway through the season. The coach asked him some playbook questions and he didn't have a clue. The coach asked him then what the heck makes him think he can join the team halfway through the season, and told him to leave his field and come back next year for training camp like all the others. Then the coach made a speech, " You have been here since training camp. You are MY TEAM". Per Paul Brown, THAT is Football. There are no mid season walk on players, THE TEAM is the players from Training Camp on.

I'll add Super Bowl Wins, and players asked how they did it. They always say it started early in Training Camp. I'm positive if you ask The Bengals how they are now 5-2 on the season, they would all say that it started early in Training Camp. That the attitude and motivation was there early on. I've never heard a Super Bowl team say they won because of some smuck they add halfway through the season, they always say their Super Bowl win started back early in Training Camp.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 10:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see a trade unless it's a starter, and I don't see much room outside of Center for a new starter.

Don't want to hijack your thread Bfine (here comes the hijack), but I'd be more interested in unloading a couple players...

Trae Waynes
Drew Sample
XSF
Perine
Tupou
Phillips
Tate

Anyone I'm missing? Let's build draft capital and keep building on this thing we got going.
I don't think it's smart to get rid of depth pieces during a playoff run.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Why do I feel like watching Hoosiers after reading this?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Want to throw out there the pivot would be a tough mid season position switch... also Hopkins is looking up since it's been around 11 months since his knee injury.

I would argue letting Hopkins rest more and become the backup for all 3 interior positions might be the best thing for him.  Let him rest that knee and come in stronger than ever when he inevitably needs to.  The odds of all 3 interior guys staying healthy for every remaining game is low.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 03:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Again, Football is not like Baseball or Basketball.  You can have Baseball or Basketball All-Star Games.  If you can hit or pitch, it doesn't matter what team you are on.  If you can shoot or rebound, it doesn't matter what team you are on.  However Football All-Star games always stink because they do not have the time to learn a playbook.  Football is practicing and practicing the Team Playbook, over and over.  

So you can have a trade deadline in Baseball or Basketball and players can switch teams pretty easy.  Not so in Football.  In Football you just don't walk in halfway through a season and say, " Here I Am ".   All these Bengals who have been practicing The Bengals Playbook since Training Camps are miles ahead of whoever they would bring in.  This is true of College, High School, Junior High School and Pee Wee Football.  No Coach has any use for somebody who shows up halfway through the season as a newcomer.  

So Football and it's complex playbooks and Team Work make Football completely different than Baseball or Basketball.  The Bengals would be silly to trade Players or Draft Picks, because THIS IS THEIR TEAM.  These players who have practiced the playbook since Training Camp, THIS IS THEIR TEAM.  It is not baseball or basketball.  Football is all about practicing The Playbook and Team Work, and you don't just walk onto a team halfway through the season. 

As for those Draft Picks, don't The Bengals kind of want some Draft Picks of their own in April.  I would think they do. 

Paul Brown said just because a player looks good on some team, does not mean he would fit into my team. Paul Brown said there is an esprit de corps, and he would rather have his teams players that have been practicing as one unit.  I also recall one of the toughest kids in high school showing up for practice halfway through the season. The coach asked him some playbook questions and he didn't have a clue. The coach asked him then what the heck makes him think he can join the team halfway through the season, and told him to leave his field and come back next year for training camp like all the others. Then the coach made a speech, " You have been here since training camp. You are MY TEAM".  Per Paul Brown, THAT is Football.  There are no mid season walk on players, THE TEAM is the players from Training Camp on.

We traded for BJ Hill after TC ended and he had 2 sacks in week 1 against the Vikings.

We signed guys off the street like Cedric Benson and Dhani Jones who came in and played well immediately.

There are some areas on this team with depth concerns.  There's no reason to not pursue all avenues to improve. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 03:21 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Why do I feel like watching Hoosiers after reading this?

I thought the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIWSEdtRosg
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: When we signing bates?

I'm reading the tea leaves here... I don't think they're going to long term. They can't keep everyone, and I think they'll franchise him a time or two...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Karras or a Punt Returner is my vote.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mess with much on the roster right now. If anything, I'd like to see a DE to put in a rotation, and IDK who that would be. Maybe Josh Allen from Jacksonville.
Reply/Quote