Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Targets
What Mike Brown does before the trade deadline will tell me all I need to know about this season. If we make any trades, it will show some desire to improve the team. If we do nothing, which I fully expect, it shows Mike thinks there no need to improve anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I hope to see something. Not a blockbuster trade, mind you, but we should be a team that are buyers to get into/through the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Again, this isn’t baseball or the NBA trades are pretty rare and not usually impactful.

Last year for example there were about 5 or 6 trades and none were impactful or really moves made by contenders.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again, this isn’t baseball or the NBA trades are pretty rare and not usually impactful.

Last year for example there were about 5 or 6 trades and none were impactful or really moves made by contenders.

These folks made trade deadline trades last year and all were contenders:

New Orleans Saints: Kwon Alexander

Tennessee Titans: Desmond King

Pittsburg Steelers: Avery Williams

2019:
LA Rams: Jalen Ramsey

San Francisco Forty-Niners: Emmanual Sanders

Baltimore Ravens: Marcus Peterson

2018: 

LA Rams: Dante Fowler

Dallas Cowboys: Amari Cooper

Every one of these trades were made by contenders and the player made an impact.

But thanks for letting folks know that it's not Baseball or Basketball
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone from the Brown Family leave on a ski trip to Switzerland this week?
Reply/Quote
What do you all think it'd take to get jason kelce? He a little older, eagles aren't good, and from what I understand he's from Ohio.

Hopkins struggles do worry me a bit. Not sure if hill is ready yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:58 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: What do you all think it'd take to get jason kelce? He a little older, eagles aren't good, and from what I understand he's from Ohio.

Hill might have to fill in at RG if Carman’s back becomes an issue. I asked in another thread, but when is the earliest Smith, XSF, or Adeniji can return?

I know we have Fred Johnson and Prince, but I’d rather see one of those other guys if need be.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:58 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: What do you all think it'd take to get jason kelce? He a little older, eagles aren't good, and from what I understand he's from Ohio.

At this point, really the only C I'd like to see is the guy we faced today. He's worked with Pollack 

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At this point, really the only C I'd like to see is the guy we faced today. He's worked with Pollack 

I'd be up for that as well. McGovern is 5 years younger and knows Pollack as you pointed out, I just wouldn't see the Jets giving up a good under 30 year old center for anything that the Bengals would offer. 

I feel kelce is just ever so slightly more realistic considering age and wouldn't think he'd cost too much to get. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hill might have to fill in at RG if Carman’s back becomes an issue. I asked in another thread, but when is the earliest Smith, XSF, or Adeniji can return?

I know we have Fred Johnson and Prince, but I’d rather see one of those other guys if need be.

Not sure when they can return. OL depth is definitely a little concerning atm. 
Reply/Quote
We need another pass rusher to come
Off the other edge opposite Hendrickson. Its going to.take awhile
For Khalid Kareem.to get his burst back.
Id love to trade for Von Miller.
Mike White had all day to.throw. The interior pass rush was not getting home
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: These folks made trade deadline trades last year and all were contenders:

New Orleans Saints: Kwon Alexander

Tennessee Titans: Desmond King

Pittsburg Steelers: Avery Williams

2019:
LA Rams: Jalen Ramsey

San Francisco Forty-Niners: Emmanual Sanders

Baltimore Ravens: Marcus Peterson

2018: 

LA Rams: Dante Fowler

Dallas Cowboys: Amari Cooper

Every one of these trades were made by contenders and the player made an impact.

But thanks for letting folks know that it's not Baseball or Basketball

Alexander was more name than quality players and played awful, King and Williamson were okay. League consensus was the moves were all pretty pedestrian.

Ramsey was traded a few weeks before the deadline, it wasn’t a deadline move same with Peters as a corresponding trade to the Ramsey move. Sanders was a decent move so I’ll give you one here.

Fowler at that point was in bust territory so more name than production but it’s a decent move I guess? Cooper is probably the one out of all of these that fits the bill for what people are clamoring for.

I stand by my point, there are people here saying if they aren’t “buyers” they aren’t serious but that isn’t how football works. You will see a couple depth guys move and maybe an aging vet that will be a fringe role player on a contender. With some of the QB injuries I think a veteran back up may also move to Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Alexander and Williamson were more names than quality players and played awful, king was okay and a bit surprising of a move. League consensus was the moves were all pretty pedestrian.

Ramsey was traded a few weeks before the deadline, it wasn’t a deadline move same with Peters as a corresponding trade to the Ramsey move. Sanders was a decent move so I’ll give you one here.

Fowler at that point was in bust  territory so more name than production but it’s a decent move I guess? Cooper is probably the one out of all of these that fits the bill for what people are clamoring for.

I stand by my point, there are people here saying if they aren’t “buyers” they aren’t serious but that isn’t how football works. You will see a couple depth guys move and maybe an aging vet that will be a fringe role player on a contender.

it's not like I expected anything else. Folks around here (me included) usually don't change their stance regardless what is presented to the counter. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: it's not like I expected anything else. Folks around here (me included) usually don't change their stance regardless what is presented to the counter. 

How many playoff teams DIDN’T make moves at the deadline in the last 5 years? The answer is an overwhelming majority. That is my point, it’s not baseball/basketball where the cap structure and draft picks lack of value create a flurry of action by playoff contenders.

Just trying to brace people for the reality of the deadline. Your going to here a bunch of big names over the next 36 hours and most likely none will move. A disgruntled Melvin Ingram in PIT and D Jax may be the most likely to move but we don’t need WR and Ingram won’t be traded in division.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: How many playoff teams DIDN’T make moves at the deadline in the last 5 years? The answer is an overwhelming majority. That is my point, it’s not baseball/basketball where the cap structure and draft picks lack of value create a flurry of action by playoff contenders.

Just trying to brace people for the reality of the deadline. Your going to here a bunch of big names over the next 36 hours and most likely none will move. A disgruntled Melvin Ingram in PIT and D Jax may be the most likely to move but we don’t need WR and Ingram won’t be traded in division.

Von Miller just got traded and that is shocking so I retract my statement welcome to crazy town!
Reply/Quote
The one caveat in here is the Rams don’t and never have really valued draft picks lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Von Miller just got traded and that is shocking so I retract my statement welcome to crazy town!

The Rams are all in

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Rams are all in

The Rams are an outlier historically in their willingness to part with picks but I’ll give it to you that someone did do something crazy. The interesting piece here is they got the Broncos to eat almost his whole salary which is almost unheard of.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Rams are all in

damn they skipping the draft again? lol   (its working)
Reply/Quote
Miller is a sweet pickup by the Rams.
Reply/Quote