Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Is this team best Bengal team ever - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Is this team best Bengal team ever (/Thread-Is-this-team-best-Bengal-team-ever)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - phil413 - 02-04-2022

Possibly but can we stop responding to the Skip thread, we're the Bengals we're better than that.

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - Nicomo Cosca - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 02:44 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Has nothing to do with internet tough guy.  
Injured? Like I said, if the Sport were real, Brady would have had to retire a decade ago. Hardly anyone gets injured.
If players were really worried about getting injured, they'd have knee pads

The bold might possibly be the dumbest claim I’ve ever seen on this board. Holy shit…

The rules are certainly more geared towards player safety these days, but the players are also bigger, stronger, and faster than they ever have been before. It’s as dangerous as it ever was. If not more.

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - IsaacCurtis - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 03:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The bold might possibly be the dumbest claim I’ve ever seen on this board. Holy shit…

The rules are certainly more geared towards player safety these days, but the players are also bigger, stronger, and faster than they ever have been before. It’s as dangerous as it ever was. If not more.

Well, nice to meet you too.. Nope , I'm in fact more right than ever.
Hardly anyone gets injured compared to before. Again, if the sport were real or that bad, Brady would have limped away years ago. Guys going around without knee pads tells me they aren't concerned. And nose rings for that matter. 
If they're so much bigger stronger ,faster,. How come pads are like bad 80s women's blouses. 
And it's not like the 40 has gone way down. 

They don't even allow various hits anymore so it's obvious injuries are down.

Bunch of homogenized p_____s compared to their forefathers. That Jags QB from Clemson for instance. That's a woman lol.

(02-04-2022, 04:24 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Well, nice to meet you too.. Nope , I'm in fact more right than ever.
Hardly anyone gets injured compared to before. Again, if the sport were real or that bad, Brady would have limped away years ago. Guys going around without knee pads tells me they aren't concerned. And nose rings for that matter. 
If they're so much bigger stronger ,faster,. How come pads are like bad 80s women's blouses. 

Bunch of homogenized p_____s compared to their forefathers. That Jags QB from Clemson for instance. That's a woman lol.

Tom Brady is the exception, not the rule. There’s far more cases like Luck or RGIII. The nonsense you keep spouting off about knee pads doesn’t even deserve a dignified response.

(02-04-2022, 05:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tom Brady is the exception, not the rule. There’s far more cases like Luck or RGIII. The nonsense you keep spouting off about knee pads doesn’t even deserve a dignified response.

Exception not the rule..is flawed .
Who Brady is, is irrelevant. He can't stop guys from blind siding him. Yet no one ever talks about his left tackles and he's never blind sided. That shows the nfl is wwe.

How does knee pads not deserve a point of interest? If players are so bigger etc.. your naked knees should be very messed up. But apparently everyone knows there's no real danger anymore. May as well be basketball  shorts lol.
  Ultimately,the sport is incredibly less dangerous than it used to be, there's very much less serious injuries. Yet players are actually weaker. They may lift alot in the gym but they have no roughness or stamina. Just a bunch of pretty boys. 
I'm not saying let's go back to violent hits or anything. I'm just ultimately saying, it is a  watered down game. It's not tackle anymore. 

The truth is,we as a people ar weaker than we've ever been, and dumber. Even so called pro jocks. 
 Sheltered in domes,, no real grass, and on and on

[Image: TnuB.gif]

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - GAWhoDey - 02-04-2022

(02-03-2022, 05:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was just objecting to the following quote:

"If you stuck Kenny Anderson in his prime on this roster, he would probably suck tbh. Nothing against him, he was one of the best of his era, it's just evolution. The rules are different, players are bigger, faster, and stronger now because training and nutrition have evolved too. The way defense is played has adapted to fit the new rules and offensive schemes, too."

I thought you were saying players of previous eras were just less skilled. Plumbers. Mechanics. Typical zoomer take. But maybe I read you wrong, and you were just saying that the game itself was more primitive back then, and Kenny wouldn't be ready for it.

With that I'd agree...and yes, I'm looking at it in the 3rd way. Kenny had the arm/athletic talent and mind to play at a high level in any era, assuming he has all the same benefits modern players have.

I have no clue if he'd be as good as Joe. I just don't think he'd be some scrub. That's all I'm saying.

Exactly.  I'm almost 50 so definitely not a zoomer, btw. 

Kind of like if you took a medieval archer with a bow and arrow and dropped him in a modern war zone against a bunch of guns and grenades, it doesn't matter if he's the best archer in the history of man, he doesn't have the right tools to survive.  OK, this is obviously an extremely far-fetched analogy, but I wasn't knocking Kenny at all.    

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - fredtoast - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 05:46 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote:  They may lift alot in the gym but they have no roughness or stamina. Just a bunch of pretty boys. 

I'm just ultimately saying, it is a watered down game. It's not tackle anymore. 

This is 100% bullshit.

Players today are bigger and faster and they are still hitting as hard as possible.  The impacts their bodies take has increased dramatically based on the increase in size and speed.  

Teams also play at a faster pace now with more plays per game.  So their stamina is greater than in the past.

I'd love to see you tell Geno Atkins to his face that he was just a "pretty boy" who never played "tackle football".

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - bfine32 - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 04:24 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Well, nice to meet you too.. Nope , I'm in fact more right than ever.

Folks are getting injured just as much; it's just we have achieved medical advances. For instance Greg Cook (RIP) suffered a torn rotator cuff. If that injury occurred today, diagnosed, and treated properly; he'd had been shutdown after the KC game and been back as good as new last year. Ickey Woods would have been out less than a year with a torn ACL. 

Joe Burrow is no less tough than Greg Cook; he just has the advantage of modern medicine. 

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - Shake n Blake - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 04:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are getting injured just as much; it's just we have achieved medical advances. For instance Greg Cook (RIP) suffered a torn rotator cuff. If that injury occurred today, diagnosed, and treated properly; he'd had been shutdown after the KC game and been back as good as new last year. Ickey Woods would have been out less than a year with a torn ACL. 

Joe Burrow is no less tough than Greg Cook; he just has the advantage of modern medicine. 

Fair point, and I appreciate you not flaming this guy and just responding with facts.

That said, I don't think it's crazy to say that QBs are protected far more now than in decades past.

Just for example, look at some of the hits Montana took in the 80s and compare it to now. Look at Kenny nearly being decapitated vs the Steelers. Look at how Bledsoe getting his internals rearranged opened the door for Brady.

None of that happens now. There are also rules protecting defenseless receivers, protecting heads, knees, etc. NFL also cracked down on bounties.

I'm not against these rules. Well not against all of them I should say. Just saying there's a nugget of truth in the Curtis is saying.

(02-04-2022, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is 100% bullshit.

Players today are bigger and faster and they are still hitting as hard as possible.  The impacts their bodies take has increased dramatically based on the increase in size and speed.  

Teams also play at a faster pace now with more plays per game.  So their stamina is greater than in the past.

I'd love to see you tell Geno Atkins to his face that he was just a "pretty boy" who never played "tackle football".

Players today are bigger and faster and they are still hitting as hard as possible 

As hard as possible is absolutely false. 
It simply is. Players aren't getting injured as much as before . Just more nothing, tiny non injuries are being paid attention to. 
How can they be getting injured as much as before when less things are allowed or ignored?  It's very simple.
You just believe the drama they paint for you on tv.

Look at that Deebo hit vs Rams. It looked hard but it really wasn't. They made such a big deal about it and he was standing on the sidelines and went right back out there fine. No big deal. 

(02-04-2022, 04:54 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Players today are bigger and faster and they are still hitting as hard as possible 

As hard as possible is absolutely false. 
It simply is. Players aren't getting injured as much as before . Just more nothing, tiny non injuries are being paid attention to. 
How can they be getting injured as much as before when less things are allowed or ignored?  It's very simple.
You just believe the drama they paint for you on tv.

Look at that Deebo hit vs Rams. It looked hard but it really wasn't. They made such a big deal about it and he was standing on the sidelines and went right back out there fine. No big deal. 

Ask Alex Smith if his injury was “no big deal.”

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - Bengalfan4life27c - 02-04-2022

In the history of our franchise we have scored 15+ points currently in 20 consecutive games 1 short of the all time record held by 87 and 88 Bengals another thing to consider. I dont know how many other franchises have this streak but I will check as the streak progresses.

(02-04-2022, 05:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ask Alex Smith if his injury was “no big deal.”

Which has nothing to do with this. It's a singular extreme. 

Ok, so back to this. No, this team is not remotely better than other past teams.  

This years Rams team would get clowned by 1999 and 2001. 

(02-04-2022, 05:25 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Which has nothing to do with this. It's a singular extreme.

Ok, so back to this. No, this team is not remotely better than other past teams.  

This years Rams team would get clowned by 1999 and 2001. 

Says the guy that keeps touting Tom Brady’s longevity as proof that the league is too soft now… LOL

(02-04-2022, 05:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Says the guy that keeps touting Tom Brady’s longevity as proof that the league is too soft now… LOL

One has nothing to do with the other. No one said injuries don't happen. Less, and less serious on the whole.

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - KillerGoose - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair point, and I appreciate you not flaming this guy and just responding with facts.

That said, I don't think it's crazy to say that QBs are protected far more now than in decades past.

Just for example, look at some of the hits Montana took in the 80s and compare it to now. Look at Kenny nearly being decapitated vs the Steelers. Look at how Bledsoe getting his internals rearranged opened the door for Brady.

None of that happens now. There are also rules protecting defenseless receivers, protecting heads, knees, etc. NFL also cracked down on bounties.

I'm not against these rules. Well not against all of them I should say. Just saying there's a nugget of truth in the Curtis is saying.

QBs are definitely protected now, they are where the money is at. They are likely the single most important player out of any sport in the world. However, QBs do still take some big shots. Of course, there are flags now, but there we flags then too. That facemask on Kenny Anderson drew a flag and a fine. There was a facemask similar to it against the Browns, by none other than the Steelers.

[Image: BfQqO30.png]

Just a few years ago, Flacco took a brutal hit that would make anyone queasy. At the end of the day, your point stands true - the game isn't AS dangerous as it once was but it is still plenty dangerous. QBs and players overall are protected more than they were. 

The game is still as dangerous. It’s just not as dirty.

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - Shake n Blake - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 05:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: QBs are definitely protected now, they are where the money is at. They are likely the single most important player out of any sport in the world. However, QBs do still take some big shots. Of course, there are flags now, but there we flags then too. That facemask on Kenny Anderson drew a flag and a fine. There was a facemask similar to it against the Browns, by none other than the Steelers.

[Image: BfQqO30.png]

Just a few years ago, Flacco took a brutal hit that would make anyone queasy. At the end of the day, your point stands true - the game isn't AS dangerous as it once was but it is still plenty dangerous. QBs and players overall are protected more than they were. 

Right on. Those hits are (thankfully) becoming more of a rare occurrence whereas in decades past, it was a weekly occurrence.

I don't even worry about Joey B vs the Steelers anymore. It's nice.

RE: Is this team best Bengal team ever - KillerGoose - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 05:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right on. Those hits are (thankfully) becoming more of a rare occurrence whereas in decades past, it was a weekly occurrence.

I don't even worry about Joey B vs the Steelers anymore. It's nice.

Yeah, I agree. Those hits against Rivers and Huber were so rage inducing, along with the other incidents. Bad hits are rarely on my mind.