Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? (/Thread-Does-Anyone-Know-The-Story-Between-55-and-the-Camera)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - StoneTheCrow - 11-06-2015

Some obscure back up television producer tweeted something about "painting" Burfict up for his treatment of the camera.

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - treee - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 07:42 PM)Utts Wrote: The media didn't shove the camera down, injure a cameraman, and leave his teammate there to be crushed by the thing. 
Tez has an issue. When his adrenaline gets pumping, the part of his brain used for rational thinking and empathy shuts down. I don't see that ever changing either. It will wind up shortening what could be a prolific career. 

You took drama classes in school, didn't you?

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - rfaulk34 - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 07:04 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: Probably intentional, definitely don't care.

Ditto

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - SHRacerX - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 11:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Burfict was up in Geno's grill upon return to bench after defensive came off field in 2nd half.

Thought little of it at first until other LB's came and pulled him away.

Was a quick incident and never seen them interact strangely the rest of the game.

I missed this, but my buddy next to me said it was Adam Jones that had to be separated from Geno in the huddle.  

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - Atomic Orange - 11-06-2015

Burfict running into the camera is what hurt the man and that was totally unavoidable. The fact that he pushed the camera over after means nothing really. Maybe he thought it would just swivel out of the way. Who knows

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - Element - 11-06-2015

You damn homers will make excuses for anything, he did a dumb thing, and he tends to do dumb things, needs to fix that.

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - fredtoast - 11-06-2015

This is getting crazy.  I see players run into cameramen all the time.  Nelson was right beside Burfict and he could not stop either.  It was obviously an accident.
He may have intentionally pushed down the camera after he ran into it, but that was meaningless and did not hurt anyone.

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - Atomic Orange - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 10:04 PM)Element Wrote: You damn homers will make excuses for anything, he did a dumb thing, and he tends to do dumb things, needs to fix that.

I don't think many fans excused or defended him for the 2 ankle twists and the ball tap.  But this here and the legit Bell tackle? You betcha! ThumbsUp Whats so crazy about thinking a camera may be on a swivel? Confused

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - Derrick - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 11:25 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I like Burfict, but I remember when it happened thinking "why would he do that?"  If you watch the video again, you can see him pushing the camera.  It sure looks intentional.  There is no need or excuse for that.

Easy Boy. It appeared that there were two Bengals heading full speed towards the camera. Burfict puts his hands out to mitigate the impact he senses is unavoidable. The cameraman tried to steady the camera but being top-heavy it tipped off its riser and toward the other camera. I was concerned there may have been someone UNDER the camera - apparently not.

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - fredtoast - 11-06-2015

[Image: santana-moss-takes-out-cameraman-on-last...f-game.png]

[Image: Sugar-Bowl-Cameraman-Hit.jpg]

[Image: _72862415_mmmmsixnationshitormissv19-2.png]

[Image: 2815063_66db93eb_m.jpeg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - Utts - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 10:04 PM)Element Wrote: You damn homers will make excuses for anything, he did a dumb thing, and he tends to do dumb things, needs to fix that.

That sums it up pretty damn well. 

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - BengalB - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 09:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I missed this, but my buddy next to me said it was Adam Jones that had to be separated from Geno in the huddle.  

Man. That Burfict is everywhere... Confused

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - BengalB - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 08:19 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Some obscure back up television producer tweeted something about "painting" Burfict up for his treatment of the camera.

Trying to ride on the Burfict/Bengals train for attention, no doubt...

This is getting crazy.

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - BengalChris - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting crazy.  I see players run into cameramen all the time.  Nelson was right beside Burfict and he could not stop either.  It was obviously an accident.
He may have intentionally pushed down the camera after he ran into it, but that was meaningless and did not hurt anyone.

^^^^ This

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - EatonFan - 11-07-2015

But Lewis let it be known he wasn’t happy with Burfict’s actions in the end zone during the first half Thursday night. After he teamed with safety Reggie Nelson to successfully cover Browns tight end Gary Barnidge in the back of the end zone on third down that forced a field goal, Burfict’s momentum brought him near a camera platform and when he and Nelson stepped up on it Burfict appeared to knock over a camera held by veteran stadium cameraman Jim Strickler.

“Vontaze was asked to reach out to Jim. Jim has been spoken to this morning (by the Bengals front office),” Lewis said. “And he was saying: ‘Oh, he (Burfict) doesn’t have to do that, I understand those things happen.’ But Vontaze is waiting for him to be finished with his shift. I guess he’s a hard working person and did an early shift today at his other job (Channel 5) as well. Vontaze was asked to reach out and say he’s glad Jim wasn’t injured any more severely.”

(11-07-2015, 01:27 AM)EatonFan Wrote: But Lewis let it be known he wasn’t happy with Burfict’s actions in the end zone during the first half Thursday night. After he teamed with safety Reggie Nelson to successfully cover Browns tight end Gary Barnidge in the back of the end zone on third down that forced a field goal, Burfict’s momentum brought him near a camera platform and when he and Nelson stepped up on it Burfict appeared to knock over a camera held by veteran stadium cameraman Jim Strickler.

“Vontaze was asked to reach out to Jim. Jim has been spoken to this morning (by the Bengals front office),” Lewis said. “And he was saying: ‘Oh, he (Burfict) doesn’t have to do that, I understand those things happen.’ But Vontaze is waiting for him to be finished with his shift. I guess he’s a hard working person and did an early shift today at his other job (Channel 5) as well. Vontaze was asked to reach out and say he’s glad Jim wasn’t injured any more severely.”

That's the way the media spun it anyway.

Burfict asked to reach out on his own, at least that is what I read, then it turned into Marvin & the FO asking him to.

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 07:38 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: [Image: Screenshot_2015_11_06_17_38_24.png]

OMG!  The media is trying to crucify Burfict by reporting his own team told him to apologize. 

Can you believe the Bengals want Burfict to apologize for physics? 

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 07:30 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Well Reggie Nelson bumped into the camera too. Unless you're quicker than our starting safety, you probably wouldn't have avoided the camera either. 

There are too many variables to say that he absolutely threw the camera down on purpose. Maybe it was a reflex or he was losing his balance. The cameran should have gotten Burfict's side of story before he called him out on reddit and used his 15 minutes of fame for a sympathy tour with the media.

Maybe the Bengals should have gotten Burfict's side of the story before they told Burfict to apologize for something which was completely unavoidable. Oh, wait . . . they're not that gullible. 

(11-07-2015, 02:18 AM)BengalB Wrote: That's the way the media spun it anyway.

Burfict asked to reach out on his own, at least that is what I read, then it turned into Marvin & the FO asking him to.

Look, if you want to reach out to someone . . . you do. You don't need to ask, "hey, can I reach out to someone?"

RE: Does Anyone Know The Story Between #55 and the Camera?? - fredtoast - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 01:27 AM)EatonFan Wrote: “Vontaze was asked to reach out to Jim. Jim has been spoken to this morning (by the Bengals front office),” Lewis said. “And he was saying: ‘Oh, he (Burfict) doesn’t have to do that, I understand those things happen.’

So let me get this straight.  The guy that actually got hit had no problem with what happened, but if any of us say the same thing then we are "damn homers who will make excuses for anything"?

Looks like the old hater crowd is just desperate for something to ***** and cry about.  I do feel kind of sorry for them. though.  It is really hard on them for us to be 8-0.