Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-throwing-the-middle-of-the-field)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - Dr.Z - 10-16-2022

Speaking of the short throws, the Mixon TD catch was pretty cool to rewatch. Props to Mixon and Burrow, but Chase helped get that TD too by opening up that play with the attention given to him on his route. The extra man on Chase gave Mixon free space to hit pay dirt.

RE: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - THE PISTONS - 10-16-2022

(10-16-2022, 05:14 PM)EatonFan Wrote: A lot more middle of the field passes against the Saints.

There actually weren't if you look at the next generation stats.

RE: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - TheFan - 10-16-2022

(10-16-2022, 05:18 PM)Housh Wrote: We literally changed the whole scheme to attack it. I love it.

When teams are spamming cover 2 and cover 4 you’ve got to find those holes in the zone he

Glad they figured it out for this game but taking 5 games to figure out a slant works is sort of crazy. 

I think the run game finally coming alive has been the biggest difference though. Obviously better protection makes a difference too. 

They ran all but 2 plays out of shotgun and 1 was a qb kneel. The other was a sneak.

That took away the predictability. Although they hardly ran the ball.

RE: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - QueenCity - 10-16-2022

(10-16-2022, 06:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There actually weren't if you look at the next generation stats.

Not sure how much more middle you'd like... between the hashes is 6 yards. 

Burrow peppered just outside of the hash all game.

RE: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - WeezyBengal - 10-16-2022

You're welcome guys. I take Venmo.

RE: Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field - WeezyBengal - 10-16-2022

(10-16-2022, 06:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They ran all but 2 plays out of shotgun and 1 was a qb kneel. The other was a sneak.

That took away the predictability. Although they hardly ran the ball.

They need to be more consistent with the run now that it's actually productive. I'd like to see them run 15-20 times a game. 

(10-16-2022, 07:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They need to be more consistent with the run now that it's actually productive. I'd like to see them run 15-20 times a game. 

They ran all but 2 plays from Shotgun. For whatever reason, they don't like running from it.