Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trade Deadline Day - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Trade Deadline Day (/Thread-Trade-Deadline-Day)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Trade Deadline Day - CloeHokie - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 05:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everyone is trashing CTB but what on earth do people expect? The guy has been injured most the year, wasn't getting reps in training camp, and was completely thrown into the fire. 

When it comes to playing in this league, its more than athletic ability. It's knowledge of position, scheme, plays, technique, etc. Reps help with that. I am not expecting much from CTB until he gets more seasoned. 
That's fine. Then who do we have at cb right now? If he can't play and isn't ready I'm not saying he's a bust. I'm saying he's not ready. So what's our plan?

RE: Trade Deadline Day - WeezyBengal - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 05:48 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: That's fine. Then who do we have at cb right now? If he can't play and isn't ready I'm not saying he's a bust. I'm saying he's not ready. So what's our plan?

It looks like their plan is to play CTB. 

(11-01-2022, 05:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you payed any attention to WJ3 this season? Washington was literally going to cut him if no teams came calling. And Teryl Austin was probably the only one that did (not to mention Pittsburgh wanted to draft him in the first place).

He was benched and has been beyond terrible.

We need someone who can be good. He has been. And he's better than whatever street trash fa the Bengals try to sell us on that they sign here shortly after missing out all day

RE: Trade Deadline Day - ochocincos - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 05:45 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Can CTB even play? We put flowers on Cooper instead of him which I found odd. Then flowers goes down and we put dax on Cooper instead of ctb.

CTB was on the other side due to the Apple injury...

(11-01-2022, 05:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: CTB was on the other side due to the Apple injury...

Then awuze got hurt. Then flowers got hurt. We still didn't put ctb on Cooper. We put dax (safety) on him

(11-01-2022, 05:54 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Then awuze got hurt. Then flowers got hurt. We still didn't put ctb on Cooper. We put dax (safety) on him

Correct, because the only CBs available at that point were Hilton (slot), CTB (already starting at one position), and then Hill.

You're not going to move CTB over then put Hill where CTB was.

You're going to leave CTB where he was at and put Hill in the open spot.

(11-01-2022, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct, because the only CBs available at that point were Hilton (slot), CTB (already starting at one position), and then Hill.

Why? I would put ctb on Cooper at that point. That's really bad logic. I get it but when injuries happen you adjust you don't leave the best wr in a bad match up

RE: Trade Deadline Day - Synric - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 05:59 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Why? I would put ctb on Cooper at that point. That's really bad logic. I get it but when injuries happen you adjust you don't leave the best wr in a bad match up

Because CTB is the LCB. I'm sure he had reps against Cooper when he was lined up on that side. 

(11-01-2022, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct, because the only CBs available at that point were Hilton (slot), CTB (already starting at one position), and then Hill.

So if hill got hurt we just put Sam Hubbard on Cooper cause we can't move the current best cb to cover him? No. When injuries happen you adjust your team and plan. You don't be stubborn and let them win the easy match up the rest of the night

RE: Trade Deadline Day - Johnny Cupcakes - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 05:19 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Let this be a lesson to anyone who thought things had changed because we built an inflatable tent and changed the name of the stadium.

The old man will always have a small time mentality.

Yes we are going to pay Burrow and Chase but it’s ***** scary to think what kind of team we are going to put around them in the years to come.

The Bengals:

In a two year stretch:

- Signs, and hits big on DJ Reader, Von Bell, Chidobe Awuzie, and Mike Hilton, to build the defense that has been identified as a weakness.
- Drafts, and hits big on Joe Burrow, Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Logan Wilson, and Evan McPherson to build young talent on the team in areas that were identified as weaknesses.
- Makes smart decisions on who to re-sign and who not to re-sign, or cut: eg…Sam Hubbard, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon,….Andy Dalton, AJ Green, William Jackson 3, Jessie Bates 3, Jonah Williams.
- Does things that fans have been crying over, in an effort to increase fan enthusiasm and engagement such as the Ring of Honor and new uniforms.
- Goes To Super Bowl
- Signs La’El Collins, Ted Carras, Alex Cappa, and Hayden Hurst to build the o-line that has been identified as a weakness, and to build on the previous year’s Super Bowl run.
- Builds indoor practice facility to increase happiness and potential productivity of new star team
- Sells naming rights of stadium to begin saving money to pay for contracts of new star team.

Meh

Plays a shit game against a shit team, in which the all-pro level CB gets taken out for the season, then doesn’t trade for his replacement in 16 hours?

Same old Bungles.

Can’t believe you dorks fell for this shit.

(11-01-2022, 05:59 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Why? I would put ctb on Cooper at that point. That's really bad logic. I get it but when injuries happen you adjust you don't leave the best wr in a bad match up

Maybe CTB has only been grooming at one spot?
Maybe he's not able to float around?

I don't know. I am just telling you he was already on the field playing one of the CB spots, and he was not moved.

RE: Trade Deadline Day - Gdale_Bengal - 11-01-2022

No trades. Let’s not try to improve the odds of beating the teams in the schedule.

Team ain’t going anywhere this year kids. Start enjoying your sundays doing other stuff again.

(11-01-2022, 06:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe CTB has only been grooming at one spot?
Maybe he's not able to float around?

I don't know. I am just telling you he was already on the field playing one of the CB spots, and he was not moved.

And I'm telling you that's dumb. They can exploit that all day by moving Cooper to the other side and having him against a safety on every play. You need to swap when injuries happen like this

RE: Trade Deadline Day - Synric - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 06:10 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: And I'm telling you that's dumb. They can exploit that all day by moving Cooper to the other side and having him against a safety on every play. You need to swap when injuries happen like this

They didn't move Awuzie to matchup other teams top receivers either. Awuzie plays RCB and Apple plays LCB.

Some DCs believe switching boundary corners to other sides can mess with their footwork especially doing it often. 

RE: Trade Deadline Day - Trademark - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 06:10 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: And I'm telling you that's dumb. They can exploit that all day by moving Cooper to the other side and having him against a safety on every play. You need to swap when injuries happen like this

It might not be dumb.
Maybe CTB really isn't that much better than Hill.

Remember when Leon Hall got burned repeatedly by Braylon Edwards as a rookie?
Leon Hall turned into a really, really good CB.
But rookies struggle at times, especially when getting thrust into a game.

This is what happens when you have 3 outside CBs get injured and you have to rely on your back-end depth.
Coverage won't always be great.

RE: Trade Deadline Day - Nepa - 11-01-2022

Color me disappointed. The Ravens, Fins, Vikings, and Bills all addressed weaknesses via trades and become stronger. The Bengals were unable or unwilling to trade draft picks for proven players to address critical areas. Now we head into the second half of our schedule with some glaring holes. We have to keep our fingers crossed that they can fill these holes internally.

RE: Trade Deadline Day - Nepa - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 06:13 PM)Trademark Wrote:

What is Malik Wright saying? That the Bengals feel they have the answers already on the team or that they don't think 2022 is the year and look toward 2023? Hah! I didn't find it a clear message and need some interpretation from someone that follows Malik Wright.

RE: Trade Deadline Day - samhain - 11-01-2022

It was said that Dax Hill could play on the boundary if absolutely necessary. I'd say things are getting pretty necessary.

RE: Trade Deadline Day - ezekiel23 - 11-01-2022

While sitting here watching NFL Network,I saw a bunch of current trades going across the bottom of the screen as Breaking News.Was hoping I’d see something positive from a Bengals trade.Nope.Probably not going to happen.The Steelers traded Chase Claypool for a second round pick.A trade like that,or similar wouldn’t disappoint me.

It’s not just the plays that Ja’Maar Chase and DJ Reader make,but also the plays that they make happen,while being double teamed.And now Chidobe Awuzie is probably out for the season.Should there be a sense of urgency here???