Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Deadline Day
1st off: I know there's a trade sub-forum, but this day only comes once a year, so perhaps the mods (official and unofficial) will leave it here to get some traffic.

It's obvious we need to do something at WR/CB and possibly oline. So who makes sense?

This is NOT the thread to discuss FA signings of how much our coaches suck (yes, I too, and an unofficial mod)

1. Houston has a couple CB Vets on short-term deals and have some young'ns ready to take over. I love to see what they'd take for Desmond King and/or Steven nelson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah they look like they're going sink or swim on the OL sadly, but corner is now an absolute need. We are in win now mode and as I said in the offseason that doesn't mean you have to deal half your picks like the Rams did last year. Just be open to dealing one of those mid round picks for a need like a corner.
Reply/Quote
Deadline day or as Bengal fans know it, Tuesday.

The old man won’t trade picks.

In a perfect world I’d love for us to get Carman out the door.

Wouldn’t be shocked if a few call about Bates but we aren’t getting a first so it wouldn’t be worth it.
Reply/Quote
Id love to see us trade for another RB. Sorry Mixon you just aren't getting it done and it's hurting the offense. At the very least bring in a guy like Akers to compete with Mixon if we arent gonna use Evans at all.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Cb, fast wr, and an interior pass rusher would be my 3 needs. Don't like Apple and ctb being the 2 outside starting cbs. Wouldn't be against trading bates away as i dont think he's going to be resigned and like.lastbyear his play has been average at best. Carman would be another trade away. Maybe a team will kick the tires on his "potential".
Reply/Quote
Cap is low, so no one one with big contracts tied to their name. I'm looking at rookie deal CB's. Jaycee Horn would be very ideal, but not gonna happen. We love our picks too much.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:40 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Id love to see us trade for another RB. Sorry Mixon you just aren't getting it done and it's hurting the offense. At the very least bring in a guy like Akers to compete with Mixon if we arent gonna use Evans at all.

I would trade Mixon to Buffalo in a heartbeat. Maybe we could get a 3rd for him?

The season is done. Too many injuries and the O line was attempted to be fixed, but it’s not. I give them credit for trying to fix the line, but it’s very hard to fix it in one off season. This team won’t beat anyone with a good pass rush this year. We had our 1 lucky season. Most teams who lose SB don’t make it back bc they got there on talent and luck. Can’t replicate the luck. Need to improve the talent
Reply/Quote
I'd be up for trading Mixon as he clearly doesn't fit into our identity on offense. It's not his fault. We just don't have the personell to run out of I formation successfully.

I'd be up for bringing in a corner or an offensive lineman. WR would be alright depending on the contract and player. I think part of our weakness is not enough invested on the oline and too much in the wideout position. If you don't have the blocking what's the point in throwing more money there? I get we need a backup for Chase, but I'd value corner and LT/LG as bigger needs.

This all being said, I don't expect to hear any news on trades from the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:40 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Id love to see us trade for another RB.  Sorry Mixon you just aren't getting it done and it's hurting the offense.  At the very least bring in a guy like Akers to compete with Mixon if we arent gonna use Evans at all.

It's almost like after he got his nice deal, he went into preservation mode to guarantee he'll stay healthy long enough to gain a 3rd NFL contract.  But, I don't see any new RBs getting picked up by the Bengals, as they still have Mixon's contract to cover and likely won't want to exceed what they already have allocated to that position group.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Looks like Lions are Sellers; as they traded Hockenson to a division rival.

As to Mixon; I wouldn't trade to BUF, but if Philly is desperate....

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:40 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Id love to see us trade for another RB.  Sorry Mixon you just aren't getting it done and it's hurting the offense.  At the very least bring in a guy like Akers to compete with Mixon if we arent gonna use Evans at all.

Im for us moving on from Mixon  not cause mixons talent but simply cause we pay him a lot to not use him much
Reply/Quote
William jackson may be available after 4 pm if not traded for by someone..

But do we want to go back down that road?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im for us moving on from Mixon  not cause mixons talent but simply cause we pay him a lot to not use him much

The reason I want to move Mixon is that when I type Joe folks know which one I'm talking about. I really can't think of a better reason. 

Reply/Quote
Mixon is older and expensive. As much as people want him gone, that doesn't appear in the cards.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Nothing doing.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:38 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Deadline day or as Bengal fans know it, Tuesday.

Humorous and witty. But I hope it's wrong this year. I want to know that the Bengals organization is serious about trying to get back to the playoffs this year.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1587480745706196993?t=pC49L74hvpgliLCaLdcnEw&s=19
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Meh, we're 1 game behind the Ravens who have been very good at losing to teams that aren't us and no one in our organization is in the hot seat, so the Bengals don't NEED to do anything today.
Reply/Quote
Even if there is a larger contract the team needs to go for the CB and a better RB or better LT. We can make room by renegotiating with other players who if they are interested in titles should be willing to listen.
Reply/Quote
Any chance we get Josh Allen from the Jags? Would help be a disrupter for our pass rush.
Jags are listening. He's a UK kid, could do damage as a pass rusher for us.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote