Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Deadline Day
(11-01-2022, 03:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Going to the Steelers

They got him so we wouldn’t
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did you expect otherwise?

No not really lol
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No Bengals chatter on Twitter other than a stray tweet from a small account saying Cincinnati is trying to get Cam Akers. Probably not going to see anything.
Reply/Quote
I'm curious if Mims from the Jets would be worth kicking the tires on.

He is buried on their depth chart, doesn't seem to be part of the new coaching staff's future plans and he is on a rookie contract. Would provide some depth with upside and speed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bengals weren't sellers when they sucked for years on end.

Now that the league knows how bad they are without Chase, and having no CB's they've missed their moment to approach a trade from a position of strength.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think I would be a buyer.  Trading the future for this year doesn't seem smart.  I may be a seller for the likes of Mixon or Bates, but I don't see anyone taking them, and I can't imagine people would take Carmen for any reason.

Giving up a 5th for a wr or line competition isn't mortgaging the future.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: Giving up a 5th for a wr or line competition isn't mortgaging the future.

I don't see a guy we get for a 5th moving the needle much.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:47 PM)Housh Wrote: They got him so we wouldn’t

If this is true then we've come full circle. Everybody thought we were going WR in 2016 but WR went in each of the 3 picks before us, so we go CB and take WJIII who Pitt wanted. 

Side note: All 3 of those WRs were busts
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Only trades that would make sense would be a cheap CB or role WR for a late pick. I think the front office would be willing if it made sense. 3 years of aggressive free agent signings , moving up in draft and trading for guys like BJ Hill they have broke there traditional ways these last 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: Giving up a 5th for a wr or line competition isn't mortgaging the future.

No not a few fifth but I’d want someone that could be in the plans for the future.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I challenge those who think we’re trash for not making trades to designate specifically about we should be going after

I know we want change but is there really good talent out there at a good price?

Like why waste a 5th or 4th rounder to get a corner that’s not even better than CTB? I’d rather just roll with a practice squad body
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Gotta love this organization not doing anything to try and win. If they don't care why should we ?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:20 PM)Trademark Wrote: Gotta love this organization not doing anything to try and win. If they don't care why should we ?

As long as Burrow doesn't mind, I guess we're fine.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:20 PM)Trademark Wrote: Gotta love this organization not doing anything to try and win. If they don't care why should we ?

If we go into the Panther's game with no roster additions then I'll agree with your assertion.

As to trades, we have no idea what, if anything, they have tried to put together. 

Reply/Quote
I understand it is an intention thing that people have an issue with, but I don't think there is a realistic trade that moves the needle much for Cincinnati this season. We just haven't been that good, or better yet, we have been very inconsistent. If this team was playing at a high level, then I could understand it more but this has really been a mediocre showing by them this season. Not sure there is a trade that changes that.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I understand it is an intention thing that people have an issue with, but I don't think there is a realistic trade that moves the needle much for Cincinnati this season. We just haven't been that good, or better yet, we have been very inconsistent. If this team was playing at a high level, then I could understand it more but this has really been a mediocre showing by them this season. Not sure there is a trade that changes that.

We're one week away from looking like the best team in the NFL. 

Reply/Quote
Bills get Nyhiem Hines at the deadline

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We're one week away from looking like the best team in the NFL. 

And that is true. Although Atlanta had a depleted secondary. But, yes...the offense looked great against the Saints and Falcons. Felt like we turned the corner.
Reply/Quote
This organization is frustrating at times, they obviously need help at CB and even WR and while other teams actually make trades to improve their team the Bengals do absolutely nothing...Very frustrating
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
C'mon folks..None of this is important because the Bengals just announced Taylor Swift is coming in July.. Get your priorities in order. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote