Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 (/Thread-Threads-from-our-Frenemies-part-2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Mafioso - 01-18-2023

(01-17-2023, 10:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Buffalo bills have offensive line issues.  The game will come down to weather. Josh Allen is reckless and turns over the ball and their DBs covering Jamar Chase and t Higgins. 

I think this comes down to:
A: Josh Allen
B: Our defensive line.

We agree about Josh Allen. Which Josh will show up Sunday afternoon is easily the most important factor. If he’s on, I don’t think anyone stops him. He’s not always “on”

Our points on B are similar. If our corners can’t cover your WRs we’re in trouble…..just like every team vs you guys. No one can cover your WRs. The key, imo, isn’t covering them….. it’s getting to Burrow before they inevitably smoke whoever is covering them.

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Nepa - 01-18-2023

(01-18-2023, 07:09 PM)Mafioso Wrote: I think this comes down to:
A: Josh Allen
B: Our defensive line.  

We agree about Josh Allen.  Which Josh will show up Sunday afternoon is easily the most important factor.  If he’s on, I don’t think anyone stops him.  He’s not always “on”

Our points on B are similar.  If our corners can’t cover your WRs we’re in trouble…..just like every team vs you guys.  No one can cover your WRs.  The key, imo, isn’t covering them…..  it’s getting to Burrow before they inevitably smoke whoever is covering them.

Thank you for all the insightful analysis from a Bills fan perspective. Much appreciated.

Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Bronxbengal - 01-18-2023

F the Bills! Yes, they forfeited and we should had forced the issue, but we Bengal fans are not that way.

Hated the Bills when idiot Marv Levy told his players to fake an injury to slow Sam Wyche’s “Sugar Huddle” and no huddle done. Levy bitched and moaned about how he thought it was so unfair before that playoff match up.

After getting his ass handed to him in that playoff he proceeded to do the same thing the following year. F the Bills. They are not our friend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - TheFan - 01-18-2023

(01-18-2023, 09:40 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: F the Bills!  Yes, they forfeited and we should had forced the issue, but we Bengal fans are not that way.

Hated the Bills when idiot Marv Levy told his players to fake an injury to slow Sam Wyche’s “Sugar Huddle” and no huddle done.  Levy bitched and moaned about how he thought it was so unfair before that playoff match up.  

After getting his ass handed to him in that playoff he proceeded to do the same thing the following year.  F the Bills.  They are not our friend!

Okay grandpa, time for bed.  Yawn

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Mafioso - 01-19-2023

(01-16-2023, 04:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'm trying.  I keep complimenting their team and saying they should win due to our oline. 

The Trey nonsense is nonstop, and they swear Skylar Thompson is a great QB.... 

They definitely like their team as much as any fanbase.  Even KC fans complain a ton about theirs, but 99% of these guys are shocked the Bills are not undefeated the past 2 seasons.

And they definitely don't have the admiration for us that some on here do for them, despite our good will last week and the NFL screwing us over, as well helping them get into the playoffs a few years ago.

99% of these guys are shocked the bills aren’t undefeated the last 2 years? Bro. Really? Really??? You can’t be serious. We see your kind all the time over there. Coming over to bait and mischaracterize. You are blatantly making stuff up and your time on our board will be short.

To the rest of the board, does Caesar create threads about other teams boards often? Because what he’s doing on our board is childish.

The rest of this board has been great- but this guy……. Oh man.b talk about selective reading.

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Nepa - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 11:32 AM)Mafioso Wrote: 99% of these guys are shocked the bills aren’t undefeated the last 2 years?  Bro.  Really?  Really???  You can’t be serious.  We see your kind all the time over there. Coming over to bait and mischaracterize.  You are blatantly making stuff up and your time on our board will be short.

To the rest of the board, does Caesar create threads about other teams boards often?  Because what he’s doing on our board is childish.  

The rest of this board has been great- but this guy……. Oh man.b talk about selective reading.

Is the image in your profile photo you, or some Bills linebacker? Because I don't think that I'd want to take on you if that photo is you. Or be sitting behind you in the stands rooting loudly for the Bengals.

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Goalpost - 01-19-2023

I wish I have could have gone to this game. Seems like the tickets are reasonable. I'm from Buffalo originally but moved to Cincinnati at slightly more than toddler age in the mid to late 60's. While Buffalo is known for their snow, I encourage those that are going to check out Niagara Falls. It's only about 15 miles north of Buffalo. In some ways, the Falls are kind of ho hum to the people of Buffalo. When I go, my cousins are kind of like you go, we've seen it enough. But it's worth seeing once if you have time and are in the vicinity.

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - CJD - 01-19-2023

(01-18-2023, 06:52 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Awesome info.  Thank you.  What % of Man/zone do you guys play?  Iirc, I mostly see Apple playing the right side (outside of the offensive Left Tackle) and Britt on the other side, signifying lots of zone, but I could just be too high and imagining that ?  I’d love to see Diggs in one on one but can’t see much of that happening.  If I’m the opposing DC, I’m bracketing Diggs all game and make the other guys beat me.  Problem with that, it’s tough to spy on Allen if you double Diggs- so you have to pick your poison.  James Cook is the guy that we’re hoping can become that guy to make teams pay for playing the cover 2 shell.  He can be dynamic in that situation

The beauty of Lou's defense is that they run everything. Honestly, I'm not sure what percentage we play of man vs zone, but I get the sense from watching the games that we're a majority zone team that goes to man situationally (and even then, it's just guessing, as quarters coverage can look a lot like 2 man coverage if the outside receivers are running deep routes). We run a fair amount of simulated pressures where we drop the defensive ends into coverage as well. In games that we play more man coverage, it's because we're blitzing. We played a decent amount of man coverage against Baltimore because we were sending 5+ pass rushers half the time and we didn't really respect the Ravens' receivers to get open vs man coverage. Other games, we don't blitz at all (like against Mahomes). 

I have a feeling Allen will be getting closer to the Mahomes treatment than the Huntley treatment.

I'd expect Diggs to be bracketed all game, or at least a majority of the game, and I don't think our guys are going to be biting on sluggos against Allen haha.

We also do some QB spying with Hubbard on occasion. If you remember, the sack and strip by Hubbard in the AFC Championship game was a snap where he was a spy. The reason Mahomes had so much time back there was because we only rushed 3 with Hubbard as the spy. Hubbard saw an opportunity to rush in for the sack after the Oline kind of dispersed out, and he took it. I'd expect a decent number of 3 man rush + Hubbard/Wilson spy plays on Allen as well.

Our defense generally is really good against the run. Our stats are a bit skewed because of Reader's injury for half the season (even still, we're 7th in the league in rush yards allowed per game), but when he's in the game we're one of the best run defenses in the NFL (which is one of the reasons last week's game was so frustrating haha). No doubt if you guys can establish your run game, that will be a HUGE plus in your favor for the game. Our defense has been so good at making teams one dimensional and then creating turnovers off of that 1 dimension, if you all manage to keep both the run game and pass game going, I think you likely win.

(01-19-2023, 11:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: Is the image in your profile photo you, or some Bills linebacker? Because I don't think that I'd want to take on you if that photo is you. Or be sitting behind you in the stands rooting loudly for the Bengals.

No, it’s Josh allen after a lifting session this offseason

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - HarleyDog - 01-19-2023

(01-18-2023, 09:40 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: F the Bills!  Yes, they forfeited and we should had forced the issue, but we Bengal fans are not that way.

Hated the Bills when idiot Marv Levy told his players to fake an injury to slow Sam Wyche’s “Sugar Huddle” and no huddle done.  Levy bitched and moaned about how he thought it was so unfair before that playoff match up.  

After getting his ass handed to him in that playoff he proceeded to do the same thing the following year.  F the Bills.  They are not our friend!

WHA? Going back to Marv Levy days is a stretch and you should let that go. Just like people who still accuse Cincinnati of being thugs. We are not Pacman and Burfict anymore. They should let that go. And yes, both franchises have favored one another but they are not best friends. But we hold no rivalry either. To the players I think it's more of just going out and having fun and doing your best to get a victory. Not the same BS games we face when we play AFCN teams who try to end seasons and careers on every hit. You don't have to hate a man because he wears a different uniform.

(01-19-2023, 12:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The beauty of Lou's defense is that they run everything. Honestly, I'm not sure what percentage we play of man vs zone, but I get the sense from watching the games that we're a majority zone team that goes to man situationally (and even then, it's just guessing, as quarters coverage can look a lot like 2 man coverage if the outside receivers are running deep routes). We run a fair amount of simulated pressures where we drop the defensive ends into coverage as well. In games that we play more man coverage, it's because we're blitzing. We played a decent amount of man coverage against Baltimore because we were sending 5+ pass rushers half the time and we didn't really respect the Ravens' receivers to get open vs man coverage. Other games, we don't blitz at all (like against Mahomes). 

I have a feeling Allen will be getting closer to the Mahomes treatment than the Huntley treatment.

I'd expect Diggs to be bracketed all game, or at least a majority of the game, and I don't think our guys are going to be biting on sluggos against Allen haha.

We also do some QB spying with Hubbard on occasion. If you remember, the sack and strip by Hubbard in the AFC Championship game was a snap where he was a spy. The reason Mahomes had so much time back there was because we only rushed 3 with Hubbard as the spy. Hubbard saw an opportunity to rush in for the sack after the Oline kind of dispersed out, and he took it. I'd expect a decent number of 3 man rush + Hubbard/Wilson spy plays on Allen as well.

Our defense generally is really good against the run. Our stats are a bit skewed because of Reader's injury for half the season (even still, we're 7th in the league in rush yards allowed per game), but when he's in the game we're one of the best run defenses in the NFL (which is one of the reasons last week's game was so frustrating haha). No doubt if you guys can establish your run game, that will be a HUGE plus in your favor for the game. Our defense has been so good at making teams one dimensional and then creating turnovers off of that 1 dimension, if you all manage to keep both the run game and pass game going, I think you likely win.

Thanks for all the insight. I just emailed Ken Dorsey. ?

Keeping it multiple on D. That’s the way to do it in todays nfl imo. You have to keep them guessing and create confusion. If you don’t, NFL offenses usually feast. I wish Frazier would do that more often, although he tends to show some different looks in games vs tougher opponents. Then he’ll sit back in ultra prevent with 13 seconds left. ?

I agree that our run game will be the key to our offense. If we can get it going and continuously move the chains with the short stuff it should open up our pass. James Cook was drafted for this purpose (running and underneath passing game) but has been kept under wraps for most of the season. Many think this will be the game he’s unleashed. I pray that’s the case.

Watching the game vs the ravens, I noticed Linderbaum having himself a day vs DJ. I expect DJ will be angry and take out his frustration on our poor OL. Morse is a helluva C but he‘s all finesse, opposite of Linderbaum. Dj should have himself a day.

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Nepa - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 12:23 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Thanks for all the insight.  I just emailed Ken Dorsey.

I see. So a spy. And maybe you are the person in your profile picture.

Well, then you should know the following:
  • Run it right up the middle. Reader is weak, like a feather, and you can run right through him. I mean, he never gets votes as an all-pro or pro-bowl, how good could he be?
  • The Bengals safeties don't know what they're doing. You don't have to pay attention to where they are on the field. And they're poor at tackling. Runners, including Allen, if that's you, don't have to worry about holding the ball too tight. They won't knock it out.
  • Hendrickson can be ignored. He's not a threat. So slow that Allen will have plenty of time. He can look the other way.
  • Hilton and Logan Wilson? They can't cover. Don't worry about trying to zip the ball right by them.
  • Tell the players to book their tickets to Atlanta and start watching video of the Chiefs. They don't need to spend time preparing for the Bengals. The Chiefs have 4 first team all pros and 2 second team all pros. The Bills have a first (Matt Milano) and second team (Stefon Diggs) all pro players. The Bengals have *zero* all pros. Not worth the Bills time. Focus on Atlanta. In fact, tell friends and family they should save money from the Division game so they have more money for the airline tickets and hotel reservations for the AFC championship game in Atlanta.
Hope this helps.

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 12:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: WHA? Going back to Marv Levy days is a stretch and you should let that go. Just like people who still accuse Cincinnati of being thugs. We are not Pacman and Burfict anymore. They should let that go. And yes, both franchises have favored one another but they are not best friends. But we hold no rivalry either. To the players I think it's more of just going out and having fun and doing your best to get a victory. Not the same BS games we face when we play AFCN teams who try to end seasons and careers on every hit. You don't have to hate a man because he wears a different uniform.

True that Dog, BS from Bronxbengal...

Different teams and this is a new era. McDermott is NOTHING like Levy. Probably about as opposite of two people could be.

(01-18-2023, 09:40 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: F the Bills! Yes, they forfeited and we should had forced the issue, but we Bengal fans are not that way.

Hated the Bills when idiot Marv Levy told his players to fake an injury to slow Sam Wyche’s “Sugar Huddle” and no huddle done. Levy bitched and moaned about how he thought it was so unfair before that playoff match up.

After getting his ass handed to him in that playoff he proceeded to do the same thing the following year. F the Bills. They are not our friend!

If I were like your boy Caesar I’d go back to the bills board and say:
“LMAO 99% of the Cinci board said that the Bills and all of their fans can die. They all suck.”

One person says one thing and he blows it up to sound like there are several people saying it. Not one person on the board said “skylar Thompson is a great QB.” Not one. But he comes back and reports to you guys as if thats the consensus on the board.

I’ll leave it at that. He has lost the respect of the majority of our board is a a bad representative of your franchises fan base, which from my experience, has been wonderful.

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 03:38 PM)Mafioso Wrote: If I were like your boy Caesar I’d go back to the bills board and say:
“LMAO 99% of the Cinci board said that the Bills and all of their fans can die.  They all suck.”

One person says one thing and he blows it up to sound like there are several people saying it. Not one person on the board said “skylar Thompson is a great QB.”  Not one.  But he comes back and reports to you guys as if thats the consensus on the board.  

I’ll leave it at that.  He has lost the respect of the majority of our board is a a bad representative of your franchises fan base, which from my experience, has been wonderful.

Surprised Casear did that on your guy's board. Always thought he was a reliable poster. But to generalize like that is bogus.

That is a mighty broad brush he be paintin' with lol.

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - casear2727 - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 11:32 AM)Mafioso Wrote: 99% of these guys are shocked the bills aren’t undefeated the last 2 years?  Bro.  Really?  Really???  You can’t be serious.  We see your kind all the time over there. Coming over to bait and mischaracterize.  You are blatantly making stuff up and your time on our board will be short.

To the rest of the board, does Caesar create threads about other teams boards often?  Because what he’s doing on our board is childish.  

This board will not say bad things about me, I have never disparaged the Bills or their players here or there.

The 99% is hyperbole because on that particular day I had several telling me how great Skylar was compared to Huntley and how the Bengals are dirty trying to hurt Josh, and all that stats that prove the Bills are the best in the league.  It wasn't selective reading it was those commenting to me that particular day.

And not that it is any of your business, but I have had some great conversations regarding ball since then.  But you do have some as.sholes over there that attack other fans.

And I can see by your response here that you come as a nice guy then show your true d.ick self.  

Maybe read more of my comments and you will see that I only respond to questions presented to me and if anything I am overly hard on my team extremely confident of the Bills.   But thanks for showing your true colors.

(01-19-2023, 05:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised Casear did that on your guy's board. Always thought he was a reliable poster. But to generalize like that is bogus.

That is a mighty broad brush he be paintin' with lol.

Interesting reply Nate.... my 99% comment was hyperbole in response to all the grief I was getting trying to defend Trey to a pack of teenagers it seemed.  Also they were over the top as to how much better the Bills are compared to every team.  I have since met and conversed with several other posters that are outstanding and know ball.

[Image: dont-ever-take-sides-dont-take-sides.gif]

(01-19-2023, 03:38 PM)Mafioso Wrote: If I were like your boy Caesar I’d go back to the bills board and say:
“LMAO 99% of the Cinci board said that the Bills and all of their fans can die.  They all suck.”

One person says one thing and he blows it up to sound like there are several people saying it. Not one person on the board said “skylar Thompson is a great QB.”  Not one.  But he comes back and reports to you guys as if thats the consensus on the board.  

I’ll leave it at that.  He has lost the respect of the majority of our board is a a bad representative of your franchises fan base, which from my experience, has been wonderful.

You were not in that conversation, and even your own posters eventually jumped on these guys.  There was talk of Skylar shredding the Bills D and that he is world's better than Huntley.  But keep crying like a child acting as if you have read all the responses.

(01-19-2023, 06:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This board will not say bad things about me, I have never disparaged the Bills or their players here or there.

The 99% is hyperbole because on that particular day I had several telling me how great Skylar was compared to Huntley and how the Bengals are dirty trying to hurt Josh, and all that stats that prove the Bills are the best in the league.  It wasn't selective reading it was those commenting to me that particular day.

And not that it is any of your business, but I have had some great conversations regarding ball since then.  But you do have some as.sholes over there that attack other fans.

And I can see by your response here that you come as a nice guy then show your true d.ick self.  

Maybe read more of my comments and you will see that I only respond to questions presented to me and if anything I am overly hard on my team extremely confident of the Bills.   But thanks for showing your true colors.

(01-19-2023, 07:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Interesting reply Nate.... my 99% comment was hyperbole in response to all the grief I was getting trying to defend Trey to a pack of teenagers it seemed.  Also they were over the top as to how much better the Bills are compared to every team.  I have since met and conversed with several other posters that are outstanding and know ball.

[Image: dont-ever-take-sides-dont-take-sides.gif]

(01-19-2023, 07:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You were not in that conversation, and even your own posters eventually jumped on these guys.  There was talk of Skylar shredding the Bills D and that he is world's better than Huntley.  But keep crying like a child acting as if you have read all the responses.

Sorry Casear. Mellow

I got the lowdown, I thought so Casear. Just a bunch of BS then. Mafioso also thought the Markus Bailey block in the shoulder was a 
block in the back so whatever. I wouldn't ever say such a thing unless I went back and watched it. That was most definitely a block in 
the side of the shoulder and BTW is STILL called which is completely ridiculous. Teams and mostly fans just want to get bailed out by 
that call now and I find it a tad bit sad for the game.

It isn't easy to block a guy in the side running full tilt and so many returns are taken back because of these calls, it hurts the game.

And NOW A LEGAL HIT TO THE SIDE OF THE SHOULDER IS AN OBVIOUS BLOCK IN THE BACK? ***** ridiculous.Rolleyes

RE: Threads from our Frenemies-part 2 - Nepa - 01-20-2023

I have no idea what is being posted on your board, but take a look at what the Bills fan Niagara is posting on the prediction thread. He just posted a video of when Burrow got injured and calling for the same thing this game.