Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Threads from our Frenemies-part 2
Still can't hate the Buffalo fans but maybe am a little less friendly this week.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/245293-were-on-to-cincinnatibengals-coming-to-op-sunday-122-at-3pm-opening-line-bills-25/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/245298-divisional-round-weather/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think it's funny they're all talking about how the Bengals only put up 17 points against the Ravens and then comparing their defense to the Ravens' defense.

We put 7 quick points on them and were about to put 7 more on them before the game was cancelled.

Division games are just different. I don't know why they're pretending to not know that. After all, they nearly lost to Miami yesterday with their third string QB.
Reply/Quote
I figure they're feeling pretty confident considering the state of our offensive line. Personally I'm struggling to remain optimistic about Sunday for that very reason.

Just a real shame that this team can't catch a break with the o-line.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:45 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I figure they're feeling pretty confident considering the state of our offensive line.  Personally I'm struggling to remain optimistic about Sunday for that very reason.

Just a real shame that this team can't catch a break with the o-line.

Yeah. I think we are on the same page.

We are gonna need them to be sloppy again.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter what random forum homers think about their own team. Early odds are 3.5 pts. That means this is anyone's game.

The line will have to gel this week- that's the bottom line here. In the brief stint of the BUF game, Cincy moved the ball well. Just need that same effort- quick passes and great routes.

Will be a fun game against a very good team.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it's funny they're all talking about how the Bengals only put up 17 points against the Ravens and then comparing their defense to the Ravens' defense.

We put 7 quick points on them and were about to put 7 more on them before the game was cancelled.

Division games are just different. I don't know why they're pretending to not know that. After all, they nearly lost to Miami yesterday with their third string QB.

Yeah. We had a much tougher game against a 2nd string QB. But it's odd. It looks like the team lost focus since the Bills game, especially on offense. I don't see the fire in their eyes anymore. It was the defense that bailed us out both times. Hubbard had the same amount of TDs and more yards than Chase. But it's also scary that Andrews (the Ravens best Kittle/Kelce-type receiver) was left wide open at times. Why wasn't Flowers put in? It looks like there was Chinese in the protective metal plates - defending against TEs and large Raiders of the Lost Ark boulders. There were times when the Ravens played a single high safety - why didn't they call an audible for both wideouts to go go/sluggo-go routes?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I wish Chase would stop dropping passes. Now to be fair, most probably aren't catchable, but I got used to his circus catches last year. We need more of that.
Reply/Quote
They largely seemed reasonable to me. Obviously didn't read everything on those links, but the comments I did seemed largely reasonable. They're aware it'll be a close game and they fancy themselves as slight favourite since they're at home. That's how we'd feel if we were the #2.

They did seem concerned about capitalising on our potentially bad OL, and also seem concerned about the secondary keeping the Bengals passing game in check. I think that's reasonable, Buffalo's defence is good, but is banged up and I like our receiving options against their secondary.

They seem to think Josh Allen running well presents their 'best' chance. I'd probably agree, if Allen is able to run it himself then that'll make defending their big play more difficult. I think if we limit Allen running it, we can do ok on Diggs/Davis. We're used to gameplanning for Lamar Jackson though, so I hope we'll do ok against Allen running it.

It's a meme, but this really is a coinflip game. I don't think there's a lot between these two teams at all. Maybe they get favoured for playing at home, but I agree with Sam Hubbard, I like our guys playing on the road too.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:03 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah. We had a much tougher game against a 2nd string QB. But it's odd. It looks like the team lost focus since the Bills game, especially on offense. I don't see the fire in their eyes anymore. It was the defense that bailed us out both times. Hubbard had the same amount of TDs and more yards than Chase. But it's also scary that Andrews (the Ravens best Kittle/Kelce-type receiver) was left wide open at times. Why wasn't Flowers put in? It looks like there was Chinese in the protective metal plates - defending against TEs and large Raiders of the Lost Ark boulders. There were times when the Ravens played a single high safety - why didn't they call an audible for both wideouts to go go/sluggo-go routes?
Flowers was in the medical tent in the 2nd half. I never saw him go back on after that

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:48 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: They largely seemed reasonable to me. Obviously didn't read everything on those links, but the comments I did seemed largely reasonable. They're aware it'll be a close game and they fancy themselves as slight favourite since they're at home. That's how we'd feel if we were the #2.

They did seem concerned about capitalising on our potentially bad OL, and also seem concerned about the secondary keeping the Bengals passing game in check. I think that's reasonable, Buffalo's defence is good, but is banged up and I like our receiving options against their secondary.

They seem to think Josh Allen running well presents their 'best' chance. I'd probably agree, if Allen is able to run it himself then that'll make defending their big play more difficult. I think if we limit Allen running it, we can do ok on Diggs/Davis. We're used to gameplanning for Lamar Jackson though, so I hope we'll do ok against Allen running it.

It's a meme, but this really is a coinflip game. I don't think there's a lot between these two teams at all. Maybe they get favoured for playing at home, but I agree with Sam Hubbard, I like our guys playing on the road too.

As much as I don't care for Harbaugh, the Ravens had a solid running game plan to take out Hendrickson.  The Bills are not as run heavy, nor are they set up to be run heavy with their personnel.  I am not sure they can game plan the same way.  

I do feel there was some exposure though of the defense last night in that manner.  

Make no mistakes, this should be a fun game to watch.  These two teams are pretty close in talent overall.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:58 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: As much as I don't care for Harbaugh, the Ravens had a solid running game plan to take out Hendrickson.  The Bills are not as run heavy, nor are they set up to be run heavy with their personnel.  I am not sure they can game plan the same way.  

I do feel there was some exposure though of the defense last night in that manner.  

Make no mistakes, this should be a fun game to watch.  These two teams are pretty close in talent overall.

We all knew before the game that Ravens game was going to go exactly how it went. AFC North ball, playoff game, elite defense, etc. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
**** ‘em. I hope that we absolutely embarrass them and end the “bros” narrative.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it's funny they're all talking about how the Bengals only put up 17 points against the Ravens and then comparing their defense to the Ravens' defense.

Miami had lost 5 game in a row before putting up 11 points without a TD in a win against the Jets. They then went on to put up 30+ on the “best team in football”. The Bills ain’t scary, and the Bengals will come out ready to eat their lunch like they did 2 weeks ago.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Miami had lost 5 game in a row before putting up 11 points without a TD in a win against the Jets. They then went on to put up 30+ on the “best team in football”. The Bills ain’t scary, and the Bengals will come out ready to eat their lunch like they did 2 weeks ago.

There are 2 defenses that I get nervous about playing in this conference.  Both of them are in the Bengals division and neither are in the playoffs anymore.  The Bengals just survived playing one of them 2 weeks in a row.  

Playing the ravens was a gift and a curse.  It was a gift in that we won't see anyone that tough unless they play SF in the SB.  It was a curse because the Bengals just played two really physical games vs the most violent defense in the league and have the injuries to show for it.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:59 AM)pally Wrote: Still can't hate the Buffalo fans but maybe am a little less friendly this week.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/245293-were-on-to-cincinnatibengals-coming-to-op-sunday-122-at-3pm-opening-line-bills-25/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/245298-divisional-round-weather/

We need to stop the frenemies stuff, they absolutely trash us on that message board and others. 

They think Trey Hendrickson is the dirtiest player in the NFL.  Some appreciate Burrow's talent but many dont give him anywhere near the respect we give Josh Allen.

Reply/Quote
Bills fans are generally fine. I wish the constant "Trey Hendrickson tried to hurt Josh Allen" bullshit would cease, but it's not like Bengals fans don't pull the same crap every week about some clean play or another.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We need to stop the frenemies stuff, they absolutely trash us on that message board and others. 

They think Trey Hendrickson is the dirtiest player in the NFL.  Some appreciate Burrow's talent but many dont give him anywhere near the respect we give Josh Allen.

They and you are totally free to think and feel whatever you like.  However, I said that I can't hate them and since I started the thread it reflects MY opinion in the wording

Reply/Quote
Please get rid of the Buffalo avatars now. Thank you.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We all knew before the game that Ravens game was going to go exactly how it went. AFC North ball, playoff game, elite defense, etc. 

The final score was just about exactly what I thought it would be.  The mantra of "score 20 and win" was real.  

The narrative that the Bengals were going to blow them out was never one that should have been taken seriously.  I damn near thought about putting a few hundred on the Ravens to cover, but I refuse to wager on any game involving the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wish Chase would stop dropping passes. Now to be fair, most probably aren't catchable, but I got used to his circus catches last year. We need more of that.

At least he’s still making plays. Tee is the one that needs to step it up. He’s been bad for a couple weeks in a row now.

Reply/Quote