Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Apple Needs to STFU - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Apple Needs to STFU (/Thread-Apple-Needs-to-STFU)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - BengalYankee - 01-24-2023

(01-24-2023, 12:17 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/eli-apple-makes-fun-stefon-040249124.html

"Cancun on 3," Apple quote-tweeted, along with an emoji making heart hands, which has been Damar Hamlin's signature salute as the football world has rallied around him. Hamlin wears No. 3 and "Play for 3" emerged as the Bills' motto but the Cancun saying has been a popular sports insult.

Apple didn't stop poking fun at Diggs and the Bills there. He sent more than 20 retweets, including: a screengrab of a Bills fan giving him the middle finger; videos portraying Josh Allen a fake in big games who couldn't put up more than 10 points; a video implying Diggs and Allen are garbage; a meme ridiculing Diggs for watching opposing teams celebrate; making fun of Allen and Diggs' secret handshake; a clip from the game of Apple gesturing while Diggs was on a knee being tended to by trainers; an animation of Apple slapping cutouts of the heads of Josh Allen, Gabe Davis, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and a Buffalo wing.

"Someone get them in couples therapy," Apple tweeted above a video of a visibly frustrated Diggs on the sideline late in the 27-10 loss to the Bengals. "I'll pay on God." Apple tagged Allen and Diggs in the tweet.

Come on, man...I hate this shit.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jkgop2fa7s60acnaj4n...w.gif&ct=g]

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - GAWhoDey - 01-24-2023

This is such a soft take.

Who cares if we have a positive image with other teams or fan bases? Stop telling pro athletes when they should talk and what they should say. Eli doesn’t need our permission, and frankly, I find it hilarious when he’s getting a rise out of everyone.

I can’t believe how charmin soft some of our fans are. The positive image of the team, LMAO. This is football, people talk trash. Maybe golf or tennis or chess is more your speed, Op?

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - BengalYankee - 01-24-2023

[Image: Eli-Apple-1140x675.jpg]

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - BengalsBong - 01-24-2023

Last year during the playoffs they bring up the Carman story just to make the Bengals look bad. They are starting to harp on it again even though the guy has never been charged why because he is an innocent man. Now they are going to point the finger at Apple for a little hand heart tweet cry me a river. Apple is not a bad guy and he never said anything wrong a little trash talk is not acceptable in football now?

Apple is one of the main reasons we are in the playoffs and have a chance for our dream as Bengals fans to come true. But go ahead listen to the national media and get mad at your own players for something so trivial. It is not like he did CPR on one of his teammates the same week that Hamlin almost died no that was a Steelers player and it was not even mentioned by the same national media. Go on being sheeps baaaaaaaaaaaaa.

(01-24-2023, 03:05 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I teach formal logic to college students. I don't need your lesson. I think you're ignoring basic evidence. It doesn't mean Eli is personally disparaging Hamlin. It doesn't mean Eli is a bad person. It means he showed poor judgment in this moment.

Again, I'm not "mad". It's not that important at the end of the day. But I can assess what's in front of me through honest, non-Bengal-colored glasses.

Jesus Christ are you even real? “I teach formal logic” LMAO.

I can assure you Eli doesn’t give a rats ass what you think, professor.

(01-24-2023, 01:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just about everyone in the NFL hates Eli Apple. It's not some isolated incident where someone said something to him that justified him. When EVERYONE thinks you're an asshole, maybe it's time for some self reflection and realize you probably are indeed just an asshole.

People have the right to be an asshole if they wish. I am the nicest asshole you could ever meet and proud of it.

(01-24-2023, 01:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't like the negative press, but I think Eli hypes himself up by putting pressure on himself to step up and play to the best of his abilities.

You kinda have to play well when you are a villain.

If it was not Eli it would be something else. They have to point the finger at the Bengals it has always been this way got to justify their hate for us.  

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - sandwedge - 01-24-2023

(01-24-2023, 03:10 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I already said the Cancun reference was fine. It was the heart-hands emoji that stepped out of bounds -- it has been the very symbol of Hamlin's recovery and fan-player-franchise unity in the wake of his accident. Apple is aware of that. Remove that reference and I am not here making any of these posts.

You're reaching with that. The stupid heart thing was a thing before Hamlin hurt himself....FFs

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - TecmoBengals - 01-24-2023

Apple's behavior comes off as too juvenile for my liking.

(01-24-2023, 10:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Apple's behavior comes off as too juvenile for my liking.

So?

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - wanga - 01-24-2023

(01-24-2023, 01:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't like the negative press, but I think Eli hypes himself up by putting pressure on himself to step up and play to the best of his abilities.

You kinda have to play well when you are a villain.

It’s kinda like his main core value. 

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - Frank Booth - 01-24-2023

(01-24-2023, 11:01 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: So?

I actually agree even though Im defending apple. He really is a baffoon. But I think he's decent and cheap, so he's been a positive for the bengals this year

if he played like Awuzie, less people would mind his twitter troll behavior. 

He's a clown, but I dont completely mind. 

(01-24-2023, 11:01 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: So?

Oh, hey Eli.

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - bfine32 - 01-24-2023

(01-24-2023, 10:30 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Jesus Christ are you even real? “I teach formal logic” LMAO.

I can assure you Eli doesn’t give a rats ass what you think, professor.

The college I went to that class was for the advanced students. I had to take Informal Logic. 

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - Nately120 - 01-24-2023

(01-24-2023, 10:19 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: This is football, people talk trash. Maybe golf or tennis or chess is more your speed, Op?

John McEnroe sowed old school international discord by throwing a fit at Wimbledon in front of the queen and ragging on the royal family.  Eli Apple wishes he had that kind of heat.

(01-24-2023, 11:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I actually agree even though Im defending apple. He really is a baffoon. But I think he's decent and cheap, so he's been a positive for the bengals this year

if he played like Awuzie, less people would mind his twitter troll behavior. 

He's a clown, but I dont completely mind. 

So you're So'ing yourself?

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - pdub2005 - 01-25-2023

(01-24-2023, 01:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just about everyone in the NFL hates Eli Apple. It's not some isolated incident where someone said something to him that justified him. When EVERYONE thinks you're an asshole, maybe it's time for some self reflection and realize you probably are indeed just an asshole.

This^

If Eli was a Brown, Raven, or Steeler we would be flaming the hell out of him. Hell, he's a Bengal and we have done that to him throughout a lot of his time here. He is a lot better player than he gets credit for, but man he is definitely obnoxious. 

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - t3r3e3 - 01-25-2023

(01-24-2023, 10:47 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If it was not Eli it would be something else. They have to point the finger at the Bengals it has always been this way got to justify their hate for us.  

Nah, it’s just Eli. He’s a mouthy fukker, has always been during his NFL tenure. He’s a decent CB, nothing special, but runs his yap like he’s Darrelle Revis. His play doesn’t move the needle enough to justify the shenanigans. On a team that’ll face tough financial decisions in the next couple years moving on from Eli is an easy decision.

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - Mike M (the other one) - 01-25-2023

(01-25-2023, 01:23 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Nah, it’s just Eli.  He’s a mouthy fukker, has always been during his NFL tenure.  He’s a decent CB, nothing special, but runs his yap like he’s Darrelle Revis.  His play doesn’t move the needle enough to justify the shenanigans.  On a team that’ll face tough financial decisions in the next couple years moving on from Eli is an easy decision.

Not if we can keep signing him for good deals for us too. 
He's kinda catch-22'ing himself. Some teams won't want him because of his mouthiness. Others won't care either so why should we care? 
These guys pick on each other on-off the field.

Can anyone name the last team of choir boys that won the SuperBowl?

RE: Apple Needs to STFU - BengalsBong - 01-25-2023

(01-25-2023, 01:23 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Nah, it’s just Eli.  He’s a mouthy fukker, has always been during his NFL tenure.  He’s a decent CB, nothing special, but runs his yap like he’s Darrelle Revis.  His play doesn’t move the needle enough to justify the shenanigans.  On a team that’ll face tough financial decisions in the next couple years moving on from Eli is an easy decision.

Nobody wanted him when we signed him, we got him on the cheap the first year for 1.2 million. He got 3.7 million this year he will get another pay raise at the end of this year from us or another team. Most DB and WR do run their mouths on and off the field just a few butthurt fans listening to the media. 

Eli made a little heart shape with his hands, and you lose your mind cause the media points it out. While the same media gave the steelers player a pass for doing CPR to a teammate on the field during a game the very next week after Hamlin was laying on the field fighting for his life.

Wake up.