Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Apple Needs to STFU
https://www.yahoo.com/news/eli-apple-makes-fun-stefon-040249124.html

"Cancun on 3," Apple quote-tweeted, along with an emoji making heart hands, which has been Damar Hamlin's signature salute as the football world has rallied around him. Hamlin wears No. 3 and "Play for 3" emerged as the Bills' motto but the Cancun saying has been a popular sports insult.

Apple didn't stop poking fun at Diggs and the Bills there. He sent more than 20 retweets, including: a screengrab of a Bills fan giving him the middle finger; videos portraying Josh Allen a fake in big games who couldn't put up more than 10 points; a video implying Diggs and Allen are garbage; a meme ridiculing Diggs for watching opposing teams celebrate; making fun of Allen and Diggs' secret handshake; a clip from the game of Apple gesturing while Diggs was on a knee being tended to by trainers; an animation of Apple slapping cutouts of the heads of Josh Allen, Gabe Davis, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and a Buffalo wing.

"Someone get them in couples therapy," Apple tweeted above a video of a visibly frustrated Diggs on the sideline late in the 27-10 loss to the Bengals. "I'll pay on God." Apple tagged Allen and Diggs in the tweet.

Come on, man...I hate this shit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
cancun on 3 was funny. He just doesnt stop after that though
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:17 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/eli-apple-makes-fun-stefon-040249124.html

"Cancun on 3," Apple quote-tweeted, along with an emoji making heart hands, which has been Damar Hamlin's signature salute as the football world has rallied around him. Hamlin wears No. 3 and "Play for 3" emerged as the Bills' motto but the Cancun saying has been a popular sports insult.

Apple didn't stop poking fun at Diggs and the Bills there. He sent more than 20 retweets, including: a screengrab of a Bills fan giving him the middle finger; videos portraying Josh Allen a fake in big games who couldn't put up more than 10 points; a video implying Diggs and Allen are garbage; a meme ridiculing Diggs for watching opposing teams celebrate; making fun of Allen and Diggs' secret handshake; a clip from the game of Apple gesturing while Diggs was on a knee being tended to by trainers; an animation of Apple slapping cutouts of the heads of Josh Allen, Gabe Davis, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and a Buffalo wing.

"Someone get them in couples therapy," Apple tweeted above a video of a visibly frustrated Diggs on the sideline late in the 27-10 loss to the Bengals. "I'll pay on God." Apple tagged Allen and Diggs in the tweet.

It's a Patrick Beverley/NBA on TNT (or whatever it's called: we don't get it here in Canada) thing, has absolutely 0 to do with Hamlin.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:17 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/eli-apple-makes-fun-stefon-040249124.html

Agree with OP. Although "someone get them in couples therapy" would have been okay if that's all he had done.

But the likeable Bengals takes a hit when Apple is doing this stuff and no one reins him in.
Reply/Quote
By saying they are garbage diminishes a great win. The Bengals beat a good team.
Reply/Quote
CTB is trying…

Reply/Quote

Apple having fun... Would rather he do it after the game than before...

Diggs deserved it
Reply/Quote
We have zero insight into what was said between these guys on the field or before/after the game. There could be some major bad blood there that we just don't see. Apple could be totally justified in calling them out.

Cancun on 3 is hilarious. Both the number 3 and the hand/heart emoji existed long before Damar Hamlin and are perfectly acceptable to use. I think saying the use of those are a shot at Hamlin is a bit of a stretch.

I'm more of a "beat the guys and move on to the next" type of person, so I don't get his fascination with sticking it to a team he's already beaten, but then again it's pretty easy to make fun of their shenanigans if they're putting it out in public for everyone to see.
Reply/Quote
Dude is coming off as a bit of an immature prick tbh. Don't be that way.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's a Patrick Beverley/NBA on TNT (or whatever it's called: we don't get it here in Canada) thing, has absolutely 0 to do with Hamlin.

And I get it...some of it IS funny.

But his schtick is a little much and takes away from the mostly likable image of the team.

Is it too much to want guys who chomp glass but also know when to shut up? 

Talk all you want after the Super Bowl. Until then...you are just a very good team that hasn't won it all, yet.

I love this team and I don't mind a Burfict-lite...But, I guess I just want us to act like we've been here before.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He sticks out like a sore thumb with the current culture. It's not in his best interest to run his mouth especially if he hits the market and needs one of these teams to pay him. You'd think he would learn from last year, but Zac should get him off social media.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:52 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Dude is coming off as a bit of an immature prick tbh. Don't be that way.

That’s been his MO since he got into the league. I can’t wait for the team to add CB depth and move on from him. He’s an okay corner but he runs that mouth like he’s an All Pro. His next contract won’t be worth the headache, but he’s all we have right now.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Apple having fun... Would rather he do it after the game than before...

Diggs deserved it

Indeed he did!
Reply/Quote
Look at it this way.

CTB is maturing, Awuzie will return next year, making Eli’s playing days here numbered.

But he has played well.
Reply/Quote

Nah Apple can keep talking, you are soft. I love the trolling

(01-24-2023, 01:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Look at it this way.

CTB is maturing, Awuzie will return next year, making Eli’s playing days here numbered.

But he has played well.

I hope Eli returns, this culture is so soft, Bills are trash with their overrated sUpErMaN
Reply/Quote
I think Eli should send the entire Chiefs team bottles of..
[Image: 61Def6JRjlL.jpg]They're gonna need it after shitting the bed..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I was told after he didn't lose his shit on Twitter after the Mac Jones hit; it was because Eli was done with twitter.

As to the OP I have no idea. I read exactly what they post and have 0 idea what they said
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:51 PM)wcu Wrote: We have zero insight into what was said between these guys on the field or before/after the game.  There could be some major bad blood there that we just don't see.  Apple could be totally justified in calling them out.

Just about everyone in the NFL hates Eli Apple. It's not some isolated incident where someone said something to him that justified him. When EVERYONE thinks you're an asshole, maybe it's time for some self reflection and realize you probably are indeed just an asshole.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
" Cancun on 3" is what Charles Barkley says before a team is about to get Swept in the playoffs. So no that isn't a shot at Demar.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was told after he didn't lose his shit on Twitter after the Mac Jones hit; it was because Eli was done with twitter.

As to the OP I have no idea. I read exactly what they post and have 0 idea what they said

Literally no one told you that.

Reply/Quote