Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Apple Needs to STFU
Well we have to circle the wagon around Eli now as ALL of the fanbases have turned on the Bengals in the social media world. Literally every last one of them.... If your on Twitter specifically, Bengals could use some backing, they are taking shot after shot between Eli and the video of players calling Arrowhead - Burrowhead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well we have to circle the wagon around Eli now as ALL of the fanbases have turned on the Bengals in the social media world. Literally every last one of them.... If your on Twitter specifically, Bengals could use some backing, they are taking shot after shot between Eli and the video of players calling Arrowhead - Burrowhead.

That's going to be the new reality for the Bengals going forward.  Last year they were a Cinderella story.  Not so much this year.  Most fans don't pay attention to early season rankings, most fans don't care about the coin toss.  They see a team going back the AFCCG and will start crapping on the team, calling them out for being arrogant and any other action that makes them feel superior.  Last year it was fun, contagious energy.  This year, they're being treated like winners (i.e. sour grapes by other teams' fans) and are under the microscope for everything.  By and large, this team is very classy, which we all love, but Eli is a talker and people are going to call him out for it. 

On Sunday morning, I was reading a local NextDoor post here with someone posting how she was a fan of an NFC team not in the playoffs, but rooting for the Bills because "of the wonderful way they've handled this Hamlin situation" and there were many responses in agreement.  No one mentioned Cincinnati and their handling of the situation. No one cares.  They were seen by many as the team "who had their chance last year and blew it, now it's Buffalo's turn."  

I know it's a total shift in perception, and we're used to being the sad underdog, the team that's afraid to kick the sleeping bear and fly under the radar.  But that's not who this team is any more, and if they keep winning, they won't be again for a long time.  People will come after the team and the fans, the same as they've done to the Pats, Chiefs, Cowboys, etc over the years.  So I say whatever motivates the guys going on the field to play their best is fine by me.  I don't feel that my personal identity is compromised someone because a guy who plays for the team I cheer for is trolling. 
Reply/Quote
He needs to stop all this social media garbage, anyway. Like a bunch of high school kids arguing over neighborhoods they didn't build or own. Getting in twitter beefs when he has been meme material for years is why it comes off even worse.

As the only defensive starter I don't like, he continues to be high on my "upgrade immediately" list.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 04:43 PM)Destro Wrote: As the only defensive starter I don't like, he continues to be high on my "upgrade immediately" list.

upgrade a guy who is already good? Thats harder than you think
Reply/Quote
I have no issues with Apple's private twitter beefs. Bengals sent the Bills home. they are no longer a threat any time soon. On to the next!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 05:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: upgrade a guy who is already good? Thats harder than you think

He is the weakest player of the defense. Getting older yet more immature.

Should we just not draft at all. AFC championship game team again, why replace anyone, right? Just sit the draft out.
Reply/Quote
It's hard to improve on him for what we pay him. I think you should always be on the look out for anywhere you can improve your team and you can never have too many CB's but I am not sure that will be a 1st round worthy spot. Now if he demands a large pay increase that could change the dynamics but Apple is one of the best values in the NFL right now at CB.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 05:19 PM)Destro Wrote: He is the weakest player of the defense. Getting older yet more immature.

Should we just not draft at all. AFC championship game team again, why replace anyone, right? Just sit the draft out.

I do hope we draft CB 1st or 2nd round.  

Eli is not as awful as he was last year (or previous years) but that can also be attributed to better defensive scheming.  He's still a shit tackler.

I also have no stats to backup anything above so I invite anyone with stats that either confirms or refutes the above statements.  All I know is i found myself saying "Of course it's Eli" a lot less this year.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 05:19 PM)Destro Wrote: He is the weakest player of the defense. Getting older yet more immature.

you're obviously biased and a bit emotional

eli's a solid player. Solid corners dont grow on trees. If he wants to re-sign for cheap, Im all for it. Corner isnt the biggest need
Reply/Quote
Nobody is ever to use the number 3 or make a heart with their hands ever again LOL give me a break some wet wipes out there.

I ***** love Eli I wish he didn’t get torched every time a wr makes a double move but that’s why he came cheap.

Remember when you played sports growing up everyone had their role to play.

The captain who lead by example

The geek who understood the game plan better than anyone else

The joker who made you all break out laughing if things weren’t going well or were in a tense situation

The lunatic who wanted to fight everyone

The shit talker who could get under the opposition skin and make them take their eye off the ball as their blood was boiling.

We would be much worse off without Apple on the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well we have to circle the wagon around Eli now as ALL of the fanbases have turned on the Bengals in the social media world. Literally every last one of them.... If your on Twitter specifically, Bengals could use some backing, they are taking shot after shot between Eli and the video of players calling Arrowhead - Burrowhead.

We have brought some that on us some with variety of comments the past month.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:17 PM)kdgjr Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/eli-apple-makes-fun-stefon-040249124.html

"Cancun on 3," Apple quote-tweeted, along with an emoji making heart hands, which has been Damar Hamlin's signature salute as the football world has rallied around him. Hamlin wears No. 3 and "Play for 3" emerged as the Bills' motto but the Cancun saying has been a popular sports insult.

Apple didn't stop poking fun at Diggs and the Bills there. He sent more than 20 retweets, including: a screengrab of a Bills fan giving him the middle finger; videos portraying Josh Allen a fake in big games who couldn't put up more than 10 points; a video implying Diggs and Allen are garbage; a meme ridiculing Diggs for watching opposing teams celebrate; making fun of Allen and Diggs' secret handshake; a clip from the game of Apple gesturing while Diggs was on a knee being tended to by trainers; an animation of Apple slapping cutouts of the heads of Josh Allen, Gabe Davis, Stefon Diggs, Sean McDermott and a Buffalo wing.

"Someone get them in couples therapy," Apple tweeted above a video of a visibly frustrated Diggs on the sideline late in the 27-10 loss to the Bengals. "I'll pay on God." Apple tagged Allen and Diggs in the tweet.

Come on, man...I hate this shit.
I would say "who cares?" but you obviously do. Let it go, you can't do anything about it. He'll learn one way or another that stupid sh!t will bite you in the ass. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's not poor judgement at all. It's trash talk. Cancun on 3 has nothing to do with Damar Hamlin. It's an established joke how players are excited to go on vacation after they get eliminated from the playoffs. He was responding to Diggs' bitching. There is zero wrong with any of that. 

quit being sensitive, professor

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:05 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I teach formal logic to college students. I don't need your lesson. I think you're ignoring basic evidence. It doesn't mean Eli is personally disparaging Hamlin. It doesn't mean Eli is a bad person. It means he showed poor judgment in this moment.

Again, I'm not "mad". It's not that important at the end of the day. But I can assess what's in front of me through honest, non-Bengal-colored glasses.

Is this Better?  Mellow 

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Idc as long as he balls out

The media would love Apple if he were a champion
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:05 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I teach formal logic to college students. I don't need your lesson. I think you're ignoring basic evidence. It doesn't mean Eli is personally disparaging Hamlin. It doesn't mean Eli is a bad person. It means he showed poor judgment in this moment.

Again, I'm not "mad". It's not that important at the end of the day. But I can assess what's in front of me through honest, non-Bengal-colored glasses.

You’re assessing what YOU think he means. That’s called assumption, not logic. There is such a thing as reading too much into something hence why we are a terrible generation at conversing because we use text/social media.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 05:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're obviously biased and a bit emotional

eli's a solid player. Solid corners dont grow on trees. If he wants to re-sign for cheap, Im all for it. Corner isnt the biggest need

Bised? I did not like him before this LATEST trip into tom foolery, so if that is biased, then go for it.

Emotional? Nah. Doesn't bother my feelings. I'm not like his mommy defending him when people are mean to him. 

He is not solid. He is serviceable. Without injuries, Lou would have him clapping on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
Thank goodness I don't give a ______________ about what Apple has to say.
Reply/Quote
I choose not to be offended by Apple. I choose to be amused by him. Trolling is his hobby. He should tweet for ESPN. He is what they call "engaging." Nice to see him being productive, creating content on his day off.
Reply/Quote
Throws an arm around Apple and Carman and flips off the world.
Reply/Quote