Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Apple Needs to STFU
(01-24-2023, 12:52 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Dude is coming off as a bit of an immature prick tbh. Don't be that way.

It's who he is. 

This is a take off on the NBA/TNT Crew that do a Goin' Fishin thing every time a team gets eliminated in the playoffs. 

Cancun on 3 is a take off on a team that is on vacation before the season ends. They know it is over and are just playing it out. I think that is what Apple is saying the Bills did on Sunday. 
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the talking when there is still work to do.

Was not even a fan of Joe and Zac joking about the refunds.

Move on to KC
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Look at it this way.

CTB is maturing, Awuzie will return next year, making Eli’s playing days here numbered.

But he has played well.

Well 3.7 million was a great contract for us.. i like to keep him but probably can;t afford him now.. that might be the case with Hurst also, though I believe CB is more important than TE ...
Reply/Quote
The thing is, while Apple is the guy, personality wise, I would not mind losing, we may still need him next year.

Even with CTB ballin', Chido is coming off injury and may not be ready to start next year. There is no guarantee a starting quality corner will be available at 29-32 in round 1. Flowers is also a FA, as is Davis. Hill is a slot guy.

CTB and Allan George couod be our only healthy boundary corners going 8nto the draft if we let Apple walk.

For my money, here's how I'd prioritize our 5 FA starters, in terms of bringing them back.

1. Bell. I don't want to lose both starting safeties at once.
-------------
2. Hurst. We shoukd draft a TE even if wekeep him, without him MUST take a TE early.
3. Pratt. Only because we have better LB depth in ADG.
----------------
4. Apple. When we are fully healthy, he may not even be a starter. Only if price is right. But if one of the top 3 gets away, paying him a little more gets easier.
----------
5. Bates. Am assuming he is gone and Hill will take over. We can pay 2 of the others for his tag price (Apple + Hurst) and 3-4 for the $20 mil he wants. Plus, the replacement is already in house.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just about everyone in the NFL hates Eli Apple. It's not some isolated incident where someone said something to him that justified him. When EVERYONE thinks you're an asshole, maybe it's time for some self reflection and realize you probably are indeed just an asshole.

Oh for sure.  I'm not denying that.  He just seems to be taking more pleasure in it this time around.
Reply/Quote
Eli has always been the loud mouth on the team. He was talking shit all last year and NFL fans let him have it after he gave up the Super Bowl losing TD.

They did it to him again after he gave up that sluggo to the Ravens.

They'll probably do it to him again if he does something stupid next week or, if we make it, in the Super Bowl.

He has a very toxic relationship with everyone who is not on his team.

It's just the way he was built, for whatever reason.

I don't consider his twitter trolling as representative of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a fan of the talking when there is still work to do.

Was not even a fan of Joe and Zac joking about the refunds.

Move on to KC

The trolling is amazing. Bills can kick rocks with their fake superman at QB. I hope the Bengals stomp kermit too
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well 3.7 million was a great contract for us.. i like to keep him but probably can;t afford him now.. that might be the case with Hurst also, though I believe CB is more important than TE ...

You can’t have enough good corners, and Apple is a good zone corner.

I get why people don’t like him, but he keeps making plays for us. It’s hard to get too upset imo
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: You can’t have enough good corners, and Apple is a good zone corner.

I get why people don’t like him, but he keeps making plays for us. It’s hard to get too upset imo

he's decent, and cheap. I have no problem with eli. Wouldnt mind if he was back in cincy next year
Reply/Quote
I don't like the negative press, but I think Eli hypes himself up by putting pressure on himself to step up and play to the best of his abilities.

You kinda have to play well when you are a villain.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't like the negative press, but I think Eli hypes himself up by putting pressure on himself to step up and play to the best of his abilities.

You kinda have to play well when you are a villain.

Eli the goat
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Apple having fun... Would rather he do it after the game than before...

Diggs deserved it

I agree. It’s trash talking. Ffs, some folks are way too sensitive here.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was pure comedy gold when Eli Apple started rubbing his eyes in a fake crying manner and stomping his feet on the Bills sideline in front of Diggs after Allen over threw the pass outta bounds by 10-yards on 3-rd down.  Diggs was begging the refs for a PI and Eli mocked him for being a crying toddler having a tantrum.  

I guess Apple was lucky he didn’t get a taunting penalty, but I think the refs agreed with Eli’s sentiment.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one told you that.

Why do you have to rain on his parade like that?  I was told that he was told that what he was told was maybe, kinda, sorta true.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he's decent, and cheap. I have no problem with eli. Wouldnt mind if he was back in cincy next year

As a quality back up absolutely sure. I think Awuzie-CTB-Hilton-Dax-Bell would be a very strong secondary.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one told you that.

Yet figuratively many did. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: As a quality back up absolutely sure. I think Awuzie-CTB-Hilton-Dax-Bell would be a very strong secondary.

Hilton is strictly slot, Dax and Bell are the safeties. So who is the other outside corner outside of CTB and Awuzie? Exactly. Having Eli for cheap would be fantastic. 

And if Hilton were to go down, CTB can move to the slot since he's more equipped to handle that role over eli
Reply/Quote
Apple needs to let his field on the play
Do his talking and hopefully a SB ring
In a few weeks. Just focus on you locking
Down your man vs the Chiefs
He talks waaay too much.
Reply/Quote
Young man shitposts on the internet. More at 11.
Reply/Quote
I don't care about trolling, and I don't care about the Cancun reference. Whatever.

Including the emoji that Apple knows everyone associates with Damar Hamlin was gross though. He shouldn't have done that.
Reply/Quote