Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Apple Needs to STFU
(01-24-2023, 02:53 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I don't care about trolling, and I don't care about the Cancun reference. Whatever.

Including the emoji that Apple knows everyone associates with Damar Hamlin was gross though. He shouldn't have done that.

it was harmless. Quit your outrage. People are reaching so hard with that one
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it was harmless. Quit your outrage. People are reaching so hard with that one

It's not "outrage". It's just a literal assessment of the tweet. And it's not remotely a reach. The dude knew what he was doing. He doesn't live under a rock.

This won't be a topic by Friday when it's all Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:57 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's not "outrage". It's just a literal assessment of the tweet. And it's not remotely a reach. The dude knew what he was doing. He doesn't live under a rock.

so what he included the emoji? the tweet had nothing to do with damar. He's making fun of Diggs

Damar's ok now. The man isnt dead. The love fest for that dude is over now that the Bills are finished

assess how you process information. Take a deep breath, and think with logic

the people who are outraged are mad because it's Eli Apple. He's always been public enemy number 1
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so what he included the emoji? the tweet had nothing to do with damar. He's making fun of Diggs

Damar's ok now. The man isnt dead. The love fest for that dude is over now the the Bills are finished

assess how you process information. Take a deep breath, and think with logic

the people who are outraged are mad because it's Eli Apple. He's always been public enemy number 1

I teach formal logic to college students. I don't need your lesson. I think you're ignoring basic evidence. It doesn't mean Eli is personally disparaging Hamlin. It doesn't mean Eli is a bad person. It means he showed poor judgment in this moment.

Again, I'm not "mad". It's not that important at the end of the day. But I can assess what's in front of me through honest, non-Bengal-colored glasses.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:05 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I teach formal logic to college students. I don't need your lesson. I think you're ignoring basic evidence. It doesn't mean Eli is personally disparaging Hamlin. It doesn't mean Eli is a bad person. It means he showed poor judgment in this moment.

Again, I'm not "mad". It's not that important at the end of the day. But I can assess what's in front of me through honest, non-Bengal-colored glasses.

it's not poor judgement at all. It's trash talk. Cancun on 3 has nothing to do with Damar Hamlin. It's an established joke how players are excited to go on vacation after they get eliminated from the playoffs. He was responding to Diggs' bitching. There is zero wrong with any of that. 

quit being sensitive, professor
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's not poor judgement at all. It's trash talk. Cancun on 3 has nothing to do with Damar Hamlin. It's an established joke how players are excited to go on vacation after they get eliminated from the playoffs. He was responding to Diggs' bitching. There is zero wrong with any of that. 

I already said the Cancun reference was fine. It was the heart-hands emoji that stepped out of bounds -- it has been the very symbol of Hamlin's recovery and fan-player-franchise unity in the wake of his accident. Apple is aware of that. Remove that reference and I am not here making any of these posts.
Reply/Quote
Comparing Eli to Pat Bev is spot on. Both players with an ego that far exceeds their skill.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I'm kinda sick of the Bills and their fan Base.

1.) They ducked us! The MNF game could have been rescheduled easily but they didn't want to play us.

2.) Everyone of them knows the cancun reference comes from the NBA. It's not a shot on Demarr and use that event as martyrdom is sick disgusting

3.) The league bended over backwards to help the Bills and even gave them a neutral site AFC championship game.

I'm sick and tired of their crap. They act like a championship is their God given right.
They hate us because they can't beat us!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:10 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I already said the Cancun reference was fine. It was the heart-hands emoji that stepped out of bounds -- it has been the very symbol of Hamlin's recovery and fan-player-franchise unity in the wake of his accident. Apple is aware of that. Remove that reference and I am not here making any of these posts.

it was not out of bounds. it's harmless at this point. go to twitter or reddit to complain. this just comes off as SOFT and whiny. It's not even close to going too far. I wonder how you react when the line is actually crossed. I pray for your students lol

are you handing out complimentary tissues for the next pop quiz?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:57 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's not "outrage". It's just a literal assessment of the tweet. And it's not remotely a reach. The dude knew what he was doing. He doesn't live under a rock.

(01-24-2023, 03:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's not poor judgement at all. It's trash talk. Cancun on 3 has nothing to do with Damar Hamlin. It's an established joke how players are excited to go on vacation after they get eliminated from the playoffs. He was responding to Diggs' bitching. There is zero wrong with any of that. 

The dude that cries every 5th post is telling someone to quit being sensitive
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it was not out of bounds. it's harmless at this point. go to twitter or reddit to complain. this just comes off as SOFT and whiny. It's not even close to going too far. I wonder how you react when the line is actually crossed. I pray for your students

I think you could use a course in logic. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to enroll.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:14 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think you could use a course in logic. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to enroll.

Hmm, it depends. Do I get a free teddy bear to console when somebody makes a joke I dont like? 
Reply/Quote
As others have said Cancun on 3 has nothing to do with Hamlin and he didn't invent the heart hands.

As for Apple, the dude has been him against the world for so long. He was taken higher than he should have been and has been trashed by everyone and their brother his whole career. This season he is basically CB1 on one of the best teams in football and people still are disrespecting him. We can act like he shouldn't talk shit but I guarantee you every week guys on the field are in his ear all game. They definitely were after the SB, literally other NFL players were ripping him for giving up a TD to one of the best WR's in the game one on one.

It can not be your desired style, but honestly I get it and don't really care. Hell, people in this thread still trashing the guy's play not even acknowledging WE DON'T GET HERE WITHOUT HIM. There are people who think Burrow is smug, you can't control what people think and you honestly shouldn't care. It is us versus the world and we don't need people to like us to win.
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple has been the brunt of insults since he entered the NFL as a first round pick that many considered a bust. Now that he's finally playing at a decent level, he's simply giving some of it back. Do I agree with it, not really. Do I understand it, absolutely. And giving it to Diggs, a man who is almost 30 years old but acts like he has an 8-year-old's emotions, is just funny. Digg's coaches need to quit making excuses for him, tell him to grow the F up and fine him.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:10 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I already said the Cancun reference was fine. It was the heart-hands emoji that stepped out of bounds -- it has been the very symbol of Hamlin's recovery and fan-player-franchise unity in the wake of his accident. Apple is aware of that. Remove that reference and I am not here making any of these posts.

I had no idea Hamlim invited the heart-hand emoji. I thought it was Taylor Swift. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I had no idea Hamlim invited the heart-hand emoji. I thought it was Taylor Swift. 

Easy to confuse, they both once had the body of a 12 year old boy Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Easy to confuse, they both once had the body of a 12 year old boy Hilarious

You're behind the times. Shes been eating her mashed taters lately and I think she looks great. Look it up.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:35 PM)treee Wrote: You're behind the times. Shes been eating her mashed taters lately and I think she looks great. Look it up.

Well, I don't follow her, so maybe so.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Eli Apple has been the brunt of insults since he entered the NFL as a first round pick that many considered a bust. Now that he's finally playing at a decent level, he's simply giving some of it back. Do I agree with it, not really. Do I understand it, absolutely. And giving it to Diggs, a man who is almost 30 years old but acts like he has an 8-year-old's emotions, is just funny. Digg's coaches need to quit making excuses for him, tell him to grow the F up and fine him.

Haha come on….he IS a bust when you compare expectations to reality.

I also think the way Diggs acted warrants having someone with the exact same maturity (Eli) to call him out.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I don't follow her, so maybe so.

Me either I just saw a picture the other day and was surprised.
Reply/Quote