Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Getting Close To Browns Game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Getting Close To Browns Game (/Thread-Getting-Close-To-Browns-Game)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - Soonerpeace - 09-05-2023

I think you’ll see an improved running game. I think you’ll see Higgins used differently some and definitely Chase more in motion and the slot. I think you’ll see Irv Smith produce more big plays stretching the field than in the last several years. I think there will be more secondary busts but more big plays end up in somewhat of a wash. The last Browns/Cincy game Chubb had 34 yards rushing and 2.4 yards a carry and Mixon 96 yards and a whopping 6.9 yards a carry ( all the Mixon antagonists don’t bring this game up doesn’t fit their agenda). I don’t think they can run the ball as well as they used to. I don’t think the Browns receivers are good enough to make up for it.

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - ChaseThis - 09-05-2023

Chubb has eclipsed 100 yards on us 5 out of the last 8 games he's played us.

He's eclipsed 100 yards at home against us 4 out of 5 times.

He's scored 2 TD's against us in 2 of the last 3 home games.

With no Kareem Hunt there to steal some carries, I am worried Chubb is going to run all over us yet again.

The guy that scares me the most in this matchup is obviously Myles Garrett. We tend to get destroyed by the 'elite' ends in the league.

- Garrett has had AT LEAST one sack against us in 8 of the last 9 matchups.

In the last 5 games he has had 1.5 sacks or more in 4 of those games.

The keys are going to be:

- Getting Burrow time (I'm sure we've all said this a million times last few years). I'm hoping our line truly is improved but I can just see Garrett lining up across from Jonah Williams on the right side and just having a field day on him.

- Establishing and maintaining a legitimate run game against the Browns to open up the passing game.

- Consistent pressure on Watson so that he doesn't have a ton of time to make passes. I don't think their WR's are very good, we have to keep pressure on him to make him throw tougher passes on the move.

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - Sled21 - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 11:33 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: Chubb has eclipsed 100 yards on us 5 out of the last 8 games he's played us.

He's eclipsed 100 yards at home against us 4 out of 5 times.

He's scored 2 TD's against us in 2 of the last 3 home games.

With no Kareem Hunt there to steal some carries, I am worried Chubb is going to run all over us yet again.

The guy that scares me the most in this matchup is obviously Myles Garrett. We tend to get destroyed by the 'elite' ends in the league.

-  Garrett has had AT LEAST one sack against us in 8 of the last 9 matchups.

In the last 5 games he has had 1.5 sacks or more in 4 of those games.

The keys are going to be:

- Getting Burrow time (I'm sure we've all said this a million times last few years). I'm hoping our line truly is improved but I can just see Garrett lining up across from Jonah Williams on the right side and just having a field day on him.

- Establishing and maintaining a legitimate run game against the Browns to open up the passing game.

- Consistent pressure on Watson so that he doesn't have a ton of time to make passes. I don't think their WR's are very good, we have to keep pressure on him to make him throw tougher passes on the move.

Chubb had 34 yards against us the last time we played. 
Burrow has one of if not the quickest releases in the league. Garrett will have a hard time getting there. And Burrow has told Taylor to stop the ruch from the middle and he will take care of the ends. If Garrett lines up against Williams, Burrow will see him coming. If he lines up on the other side, he has to get around Zeus.

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - impactplaya - 09-05-2023

The best way to negate Garrett is to run screen passes
Counters and being able to run the ball Which equates to play action. The problem is that the Browns added
A very capable pass rusher in Z'Darius Smith.
Now you have 2 premier edge rushers to be concerned with
If the Bengals can bully the Browns in the run
Game that should lead to victory

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - mhbsavant - 09-05-2023

(09-03-2023, 09:48 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: The Browns seem to be "improved" every year for the last 2 decades. Not sure why they're such media darlings.

I hope someone murders Watson.

Division games are always tough, no matter how good/bad each team is.

Exactly, in the world of the Cleveland Browns improvement does not translate to playoff victories!

(09-05-2023, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chubb had 34 yards against us the last time we played. 
Burrow has one of if not the quickest releases in the league. Garrett will have a hard time getting there. And Burrow has told Taylor to stop the ruch from the middle and he will take care of the ends. If Garrett lines up against Williams, Burrow will see him coming. If he lines up on the other side, he has to get around Zeus.

Burrow has told Zac or Pollack lol. Burrow didn’t handle Watt in the first game last year. I’m being somewhat facetious lol. I agree with your sentiments to a degree. We have the advantage in our receivers vs their secondary this game with Ward hobbled. The receivers need to make it happen. I think our secondary vs their receivers is a wash.

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - Joelist - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chubb had 34 yards against us the last time we played. 

Thank you! 

I made this point repeatedly. Everyone is lasered on the first game last year and not the second one, which was both with Reader back and after we had started going to a Power Gap run offense and a pass offense designed to eat up cover two. In that one Chubb did not run wild and although Garret got a couple of largely meaningless sacks he did not disrupt the flow of the offense overall. 

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - Bengalitis - 09-05-2023

The asterick on this one is that Burrow/Zac vs the Browns, the W's have not been there at all, I think last season we finally got it turned around but it's there...

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - depthchart - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 12:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Thank you! 

I made this point repeatedly. Everyone is lasered on the first game last year and not the second one, which was both with Reader back and after we had started going to a Power Gap run offense and a pass offense designed to eat up cover two. In that one Chubb did not run wild and although Garret got a coup0le of largely meaningless sacks he did not disrupt the flow of the offense overall. 

Coaching Strategies should prove interesting. 

The Browns added Jim Schwartz as Defensive Coordinator and he is capable of improving their Defense.

That said, it will be game number 1 for Browns Defensive players under Schwartz and they may need Time to dial in his way of doing things.

The Bengals should have an advantage here with Lou Anarumo's Defense already imprinted into the minds of Bengal Defenders and Awuzie coming back at Corner.

(09-05-2023, 12:46 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The asterick on this one is that Burrow/Zac vs the Browns, the W's have not been there at all, I think last season we finally got it turned around but it's there...

In the era when we had Tee & Chase one loss they didn’t play because of the impending playoffs. One blowout loss Joe got sacked 5 times. We won 1. It’s more even than you think.

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - Cincybearcatfan - 09-05-2023

With Brown Jr solidifying the left side it also allows the running back know who to give help to. Wherever Garrett lines up, he knows that's where he's giving help. Last year blockers heads were spinning because they had to help in more than one place. Hopefully, this line is solid enough that there's only one hole at a time to help plug. 

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - ochocincos - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 01:40 PM)Cincybearcatfan Wrote: With Brown Jr solidifying the left side it also allows the running back know who to give help to. Wherever Garrett lines up, he knows that's where he's giving help. Last year blockers heads were spinning because they had to help in more than one place. Hopefully, this line is solid enough that there's only one hole at a time to help plug. 

Za'Darius Smith is no joke though on the other side.
They have more than just Garrett to worry about.
And we don't know exactly how well this new OL will perform, as we've only seen a smidge of Jonah at RT and haven't seen any of the other starters at all.

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - Synric - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 02:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Za'Darius Smith is no joke though on the other side.
They have more than just Garrett to worry about.
And we don't know exactly how well this new OL will perform, as we've only seen a smidge of Jonah at RT and haven't seen any of the other starters at all.

Cleveland's major defensive issue last season was run defense. They shored up their interior Defensive line with Dalvin Tomplinson, Shelby Harris, and drafted Siaki Ika.

The plus the Bengals have going into week 1 is that the Browns have a completely new defense, new defensive line, and a new safety. 

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - ochocincos - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 02:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Cleveland's major defensive issue last season was run defense. They shored up their interior Defensive line with Dalvin Tomplinson, Shelby Harris, and drafted Siaki Ika.

The plus the Bengals have going into week 1 is that the Browns have a completely new defense, new defensive line, and a new safety. 

Meh.
We haven't seen any evidence through preseason that the run game is vastly improved for the Bengals, so I'm not expecting the lack of chemistry in run defense for the Browns to be a big weakness for them against the Bengals.
I honestly think we're going to see about the same rushing performance by the Bengals as we've seen in recent years. I think it's going to take some games for the Bengals' OL to really get going.

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - reuben.ahmed - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 10:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think you’ll see an improved running game. I think you’ll see Higgins used differently some and definitely Chase more in motion and the slot. I think you’ll see Irv Smith produce more big plays stretching the field than in the last several years. I think there will be more secondary busts but more big plays end up in somewhat of a wash. The last Browns/Cincy game Chubb had 34 yards rushing and 2.4 yards a carry and Mixon 96 yards and a whopping 6.9 yards a carry ( all the Mixon antagonists don’t bring this game up doesn’t fit their agenda). I don’t think they can run the ball as well as they used to. I don’t think the Browns receivers are good enough to make up for it.

The agenda is consistency, is Mixon consistently a bad back or good back. If you cannot be trusted, what is your worth in society and sport. Behind this "broken O-line" Burrow puts out the 5th passing game in the league while Mixon heads the 29th rushing attack.

Lots of people can score 25 in an NBA game but how many do it every game?

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - NUGDUKWE - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 03:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The agenda is consistency, is Mixon consistently a bad back or good back. If you cannot be trusted, what is your worth in society and sport. Behind this "broken O-line" Burrow puts out the 5th passing game in the league while Mixon heads the 29th rushing attack.

Well Burrow is without question top 5 in his position. Mixon isn't that and I also think RB is a position you need good blocking. I think Mixon will have a better year but time will tell. But I'm not so sure we should expect to see the run game taking off right away week 1.

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - 007BengalsFan - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 03:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The agenda is consistency, is Mixon consistently a bad back or good back. If you cannot be trusted, what is your worth in society and sport. Behind this "broken O-line" Burrow puts out the 5th passing game in the league while Mixon heads the 29th rushing attack.

I think a lot of Mixon's issues has been because of poor O-line play.  He cant run the ball consistently if he is consistently getting hit in the backfield before he can make it to the line of scrimmage.  When the O-line plays well, Mixon does good.  When the O-line plays bad, Mixon does bad.  Im not a big believer in spending big bucks for RBs.  If you have a good offensive line that can open up lanes, any decent RB will gain yards.  If you have a bad offensive line that cant open up holes, your RB will hardly matter

(09-05-2023, 05:14 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think a lot of Mixon's issues has been because of poor O-line play.  He cant run the ball consistently if he is consistently getting hit in the backfield before he can make it to the line of scrimmage.  When the O-line plays well, Mixon does good.  When the O-line plays bad, Mixon does bad.  Im not a big believer in spending big bucks for RBs.  If you have a good offensive line that can open up lanes, any decent RB will gain yards.  If you have a bad offensive line that cant open up holes, your RB will hardly matter

Exactly and guess what? The organization could have easily moved on or even drafted a running back earlier or after Perine they had his allotted amount and could have scrounged up the 4 million that Ezekiel Elliott got. He’d damn sure jumped to come here. I know for a fact their goal was always to keep him with a reduced salary . And that’s what happened.

The SB is on right now on the NFL channel and although I’ve not watched the whole game Brown looks pretty good. His long arms and his size causes issues

RE: Getting Close To Browns Game - LSUfaninTN - 09-06-2023

Who Dey. Hopefully Bengals show up more than LSU did. Fricken waited almost a year for this shit. 

Separate question… is there a forum I can show off my Burrow and Chase autograph cards? LOL.