Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Getting Close To Browns Game
Bengals have not did well against The Browns last few years. They have beaten Bengals with good old fashioned Smash Mouth Football, and Browns QBs and WR's have also looked like Mahomes and Chiefs against Bengals on wide open long bomb passes.

I would not bet a dime on this game. I root for my Bengals always, but this is a rough AFC NORTH Rival Game and The Battle For Ohio. I root for Bengals, but Browns and Browns Fans could be celebrating after this one.

If Burrow can play and not looking more injured than healthy, Bengals could win. I have no confidence in Bengals back-up QBs and if they play. Bengals could get smoked. With Burrow Bengals have a chance to win a tough Division Rival Game, without Burrow it will be all Browns with Dawg Pound celebrating.

Hoping all goes well and Bengals win. Bengals could use the win. I have seen Bengals schedule and NFL did Bengals no favors. Bengals have one of the hardest schedule of teams they have ever had. Bengals will take a few losses, I just hope first game of season isn't one as last year was opening with Steelers. It's hard to start off with losses and have to play catch up. Hoping Burrow is ready to go, and I feel like I am saying that at start of every Burrow season. With Burrow, Bengals are a Super Bowl type team, and with the backups they never score and are losers.

I have a few games I will wager on Week One, but Bengals at Browns I wouldn't touch because Browns last few years have pounded on the Bengals. Browns have looked a million times better against Bengals than any team Browns play. They must really get up for Battle of Ohio, like Ohio State vs Michigan. Browns who can be flat some game are always fired up for Bengals.

Still, Go Bengals

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This game is going to be weird.

I am just not sure what to expect from the Browns, especially Watson. It'd be nice to be able to get up on them so that they have to throw the football around a little bit. I think the Browns are going to come out run heavy this game and kind of ease Watson into it. Expect lots of screens and motion type stuff as well. I think they try to take advantage of Elijah Moore in this role - so watch out for him. Low risk throws from Watson while giving him the option to use his legs a little bit.

Offensively its all about offensive line play for the Bengals. They need to protect Joe, the Browns defensive front is nasty, especially off the edge. This would be a great time for Orlando to show why we brought him in and for Jonah to show he's going to be legit at RT. I think we see a lot of Jonah vs. Garrett this game. He's going to get tested.

It's a winnable game for sure (every game is winnable this year) but it's a tough game to open with especially on the road. Those fans are going to be geeked up - all the more reason to get up on them early.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 04:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This game is going to be weird.

I am just not sure what to expect from the Browns, especially Watson. It'd be nice to be able to get up on them so that they have to throw the football around a little bit. I think the Browns are going to come out run heavy this game and kind of ease Watson into it. Expect lots of screens and motion type stuff as well. I think they try to take advantage of Elijah Moore in this role - so watch out for him. Low risk throws from Watson while giving him the option to use his legs a little bit.

Offensively its all about offensive line play for the Bengals. They need to protect Joe, the Browns defensive front is nasty, especially off the edge. This would be a great time for Orlando to show why we brought him in and for Jonah to show he's going to be legit at RT. I think we see a lot of Jonah vs. Garrett this game. He's going to get tested.

It's a winnable game for sure (every game is winnable this year) but it's a tough game to open with especially on the road. Those fans are going to be geeked up - all the more reason to get up on them early.

With Burrow Bengals have a chance, maybe even beat the heck out of Browns.  Without Burrow, I just don't think much of Bengals back-up QB's who never score points and can't even get the ball to Chase, Higgins, Boyd.  Bengals back-up QBs play not to lose, so they never win. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 04:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This game is going to be weird.

I agree Weezy! It's gonna be tough, but very winnable
Reply/Quote
I swear me and the members of the dawg pound are not related. Now that I've squashed that concern, Who Dey!

[Image: R.7733889660b91e0c8c430652ecf12453?rik=%...ImgRaw&r=0]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 04:46 PM)kevin Wrote: With Burrow Bengals have a chance, maybe even beat the heck out of Browns.  Without Burrow, I just don't think much of Bengals back-up QB's who never score points and can't even get the ball to Chase, Higgins, Boyd.  Bengals back-up QBs play not to lose, so they never win. 

He's playing. Not sure why we would even think otherwise at this point. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Remember the last time we played we held Chubb to 34 yards and also Garret did not take over the game like he has - yes he got credited with two sacks but neither was of consequence and overall the offense worked.
Reply/Quote
A healthy DJ Reader will help a ton. The OL will be tested early. And the secondary.

Kind of good to have Wilson & Jackson back to back..
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 04:21 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals have not did well against The Browns last few years.  They have beaten Bengals with good old fashioned Smash Mouth Football, and Browns QBs and WR's have also  looked like Mahomes and Chiefs against Bengals on wide open long bomb passes.

I would not bet a dime on this game. I root for my Bengals always, but this is a rough AFC NORTH Rival Game and The Battle For Ohio.  I root for Bengals, but Browns and Browns Fans could be celebrating after this one.  

If Burrow can play and not looking more injured than healthy, Bengals could win.  I have no confidence in Bengals back-up QBs and if they play. Bengals could get smoked.  With Burrow Bengals have a chance to win a tough Division Rival Game, without Burrow it will be all Browns with Dawg Pound celebrating.

Hoping all goes well and Bengals win.  Bengals could use the win.  I have seen Bengals schedule and NFL did Bengals no favors.  Bengals have one of the hardest schedule of teams they have ever had.  Bengals will take a few losses, I just hope first game of season isn't one as last year was opening with Steelers.  It's hard to start off with losses and have to play catch up.  Hoping Burrow is ready to go, and I feel like I am saying that at start of every Burrow season.  With Burrow, Bengals are a Super Bowl type team, and with the backups they never score and are losers.

I have a few games I will wager on Week One, but Bengals at Browns I wouldn't touch because Browns last few years have pounded on the Bengals. Browns have looked a million times better against Bengals than any team Browns play.  They must really get up for Battle of Ohio, like Ohio State vs Michigan. Browns who can be flat some game are always fired up for Bengals.

Still, Go Bengals

Tiger

I think every team the Bengals face will try to do what KC did against them:  Double Tee and Ja'Marr and take your chances elsewhere.

I think the Bengals realize this, so they upgraded depth at WR (Jones, Iosivas), added a pass-catching TE threat (Smith, Jr.), and have been getting more of the RBs involved in the passing game as well.  

Combine this with what is likely the best offensive line since Joe joined the team (Not saying much, I know, but it should be a pretty solid unit) and you have a pretty high-powered offense.  

I know that Garrett could singlehandedly ruin a game, but I really think Joe with a bit more time and getting to some concepts they couldn't in the past due to some very weak links on the line could be huge.

I don't worry about the defense at all.  Secondary hasn't been together long.  So what?  Hill is a playmaker and they have more speed there this season.  

Browns will be full of optimism for week 1, but I think the Bengals are better on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
I think Burrow definitely plays. My hope is that the injury was on the very minor side of calf strains. I'm guessing they were just being overly cautious with him and brought him and waited to bring him back to practice now as there would be limited media coverage. That's my hope anyway I will definitely be cringing a little extra come that first game.

Having said that I'm still pretty nervous about going to Cleveland and getting a win. I think Burrow is gonna need to be sharp and that might be tough with 5 weeks off of practice. I think the Browns Dline has looked good and is definitely going to be a very big test for our guys. I'm also expecting a little bit of defensive miscues from our guys that we haven't seen much of as they continue to get acclimated with each other. Hopefully Watson gives them a gift or two and if he does that may be the difference in the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 05:08 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think every team the Bengals face will try to do what KC did against them:  Double Tee and Ja'Marr and take your chances elsewhere.

I think the Bengals realize this, so they upgraded depth at WR (Jones, Iosivas), added a pass-catching TE threat (Smith, Jr.), and have been getting more of the RBs involved in the passing game as well.  

Combine this with what is likely the best offensive line since Joe joined the team (Not saying much, I know, but it should be a pretty solid unit) and you have a pretty high-powered offense.  

I know that Garrett could singlehandedly ruin a game, but I really think Joe with a bit more time and getting to some concepts they couldn't in the past due to some very weak links on the line could be huge.

I don't worry about the defense at all.  Secondary hasn't been together long.  So what?  Hill is a playmaker and they have more speed there this season.  

Browns will be full of optimism for week 1, but I think the Bengals are better on both sides of the ball.

I hope we really try and get the RBs involved in the passing game. With slants or coming out of the backfield and across the formation. Make a LB cover them on the move and don't just have go to a spot and stand there.
Reply/Quote
Njoke is a beast TE, he concerns me as our new safeties have a tough assignment week one. I think Watson will use his legs more in 2023 than he did last year. The Browns have a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball (Chubb and Garrett are also beasts).

I look forward to a close and hard fight game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Believe the Bengals are going to let the highly motivated Browns know just who the boss is with an old fashion butt whipping.

Think the defense will get multiple INT's as well.

It's going to be a Who-Dey sort of day.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 07:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe the Bengals are going to let the highly motivated Browns know just who the boss is with an old fashion butt whipping.

Think the defense will get multiple INT's as well.

It's going to be a Who-Dey sort of day.

My only real concern is a rusty Burrow. I normally wouldn't give 2 Chet's if it wasn't a division game. But it is, so I give 2 Chet's.

[Image: ab67616d0000b273c2b2e81539666fab8d625de5]

[Image: ab67616d0000b273c2b2e81539666fab8d625de5]

Reply/Quote
*Negative Nancy alert*

I’m 50/50 on this one - at best.

Compared to last year; Bengals remained about the same “overall”; while the Browns improved.

Also concerned about:
1. Burrow potentially playing week one <100%
2. Burrow being a tiny bit “off” d/t being away from the rest of his O.
*Especially his Receivers, no enough time/reps to gel.
3. Still not convinced the OL is any better
*Still have nightmares from last year’s Halloween game
4. Playing at Cleveland
5. Hill/Scott < Bates/Bell

Cue the homers ….
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 08:10 PM)Whacked Wrote: *Negative Nancy alert*

I’m 50/50 on this one - at best.

Compared to last year; Bengals remained about the same “overall”; while the Browns improved.

Also concerned about:
1. Burrow potentially playing week one <100%
2. Burrow being a tiny bit “off” d/t being away from the rest of his O.
*Especially his Receivers, no enough time/reps to gel.
3. Still not convinced the OL is any better
*Still have nightmares from last year’s Halloween game
4. Playing at Cleveland
5. Hill/Scott < Bates/Bell

Cue the homers ….

Great concerns. I gotta admit tho. I read your post so fast I thought #1 your were calling Burrow a 100% potato. Then I was like, "Whaaaaaaaatttttt?" Damn ADD.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 08:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Great concerns. I gotta admit tho. I read your post so fast I thought #1 your were calling Burrow a 100% potato. Then I was like, "Whaaaaaaaatttttt?" Damn ADD.

Lolol Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 08:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My only real concern is a rusty Burrow.

A rusty Burrow sounds like the name of a drink they would serve in dive bars in the other AFCN cities.  Probably something mixed with well whiskey and a squirt of hand sanitizer.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
If I never hear the term smash mouth again it will be too soon.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 05:08 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ****

Agree. But also Burrow hasn't had a lot of practice time with those new options (Jones, Iosivas, Smith, Jr.). He will have basically one week of practice and no time in an actual game situation. 
Reply/Quote