Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills (/Thread-Thread-from-the-enemies%E2%80%A6-bengals-bills)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Goalpost - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 05:34 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Speaking about the old board, I don't know if it was actually true but I remember a poster claiming to be the father of a player came and vehemently defended said player/son because of a ton of vitriol directed towards him.

Some people really started to go overboard with trash talk on players.

I think Andre Smith's father might have been on there during Andre's initial contract talks  

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Awful Llama - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I remember Shane G's sister coming on.  

Yeah, she really did not appreciate it much when some members took to calling him "Shank."  And, I remember it reached a crescendo after the Jets playoff game. His numbers in his time here were respectable, but if you go onto a fan board after your brother-player misses field goals (plural) in a playoff game, well, you should be prepared to not hear the best things about him.   

It's been 8 1/2 years since it went under, and instead of specific memories, I'm increasingly left with general impressions instead.  Impression number one is Denny, and the heavy-handed way in which he sometimes handled dissent.  Do not miss that in the slightest.  

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Emphasis - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 05:59 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I think Andre Smith's father might have been on there during Andre's initial contract talks  

Apparently the board had multiple moments of these things supposedly happening. Michael Johnson was the player I was talking about IIRC.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - michaelsean - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 06:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, she really did not appreciate it much when some members took to calling him "Shank."  And, I remember it reached a crescendo after the Jets playoff game. His numbers in his time here were respectable, but if you go onto a fan board after your brother-player misses field goals (plural) in a playoff game, well, you should be prepared to not hear the best things about him.   

It's been 8 1/2 years since it went under, and instead of specific memories, I'm increasingly left with general impressions instead.  Impression number one is Denny, and the heavy-handed way in which he sometimes handled dissent.  Do not miss that in the slightest.  

Denny was a nightmare, and there was something really wrong with the guy.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Graphicguy - 11-07-2023

I was sad when the old board went defunct. Yeah, it got a bit snippy, but it was a good venue for us to vent..even against each other. I got some round houses and devastating uppercuts thrown in the “trash talk” area.

“I Was So Much Older Then, I’m Younger Than That Now”!

Oh yeah…I was at Paycor Sunday Night. Gotta say, the electricity in the stadium made me feel like I was literally able to fly. It was incredible.

Felt that way for a couple of minutes when I saw Carson Palmer hit Chris Henry in stride in 2005 against the Squealers. Although, that was quickly replaced by dread.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Whatever - 11-07-2023

(11-06-2023, 06:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Denny was a nightmare, and there was something really wrong with the guy.

The old board was great for a long while.  I don't think most people really understood just how draconian other team run boards were.  I know the Steeler fans that frequented the Smack forum spoke about how if you posted anything even somewhat negative, like questioning a coaching decision, on the Steeler board it was an instant permaban.  The fact they even had a forum where fans of other teams could post simply wasn't done.

They finally seemed to hit the point where they wanted things reigned in somewhat, but the board was too far gone by that point.  There were a ton of different kliqs by that point, some really toxic.  Remember the Red Rep Ring or whatever they called themselves that ran around bullying posters with negative rep?  Then there was a lot of stuff in poor taste in retrospect, like the Hit or Pass threads.  

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-07-2023

Red rep rampage.

They went after me on my very first day on the boards and all of them were banned within the next 2 months lol

Shayne's sister was there, MJ's dad, Macaroni's cousin or whatever (who came here too), someone who was apparently close with the Palmers while he was at USC and there are definitely more, but cannot remember.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - samhain - 11-07-2023

(11-05-2023, 06:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I think mines pretty close based on what I’ve eaten here. Stick of butter, 3/4 cup of Franks, teaspoon of Worcestershire and a teaspoon of cayenne. More cayenne if I want it hotter. That was just a recipe I googled and it works for me.

Sounds about right.

I'm old enough to remember when wings weren't much of a thing.  It was probably the early 90's before chain wing restaurants started popping up, with the exception of the hood wing chains that sell hot fried versions (also pretty solid).  

We got a Wings and Rings in my neighborhood around then.  It was in a dump of a building that never maintained business up until then.  If you picked up wings in the drive thru, the bag was absolutely drenched at the bottom with butter.  They became my standard for Buffalo wings.  Now even that chain isn't the same.  

Roosters isn't afraid of using butter, but they sometimes fail to get enough flavor to retain the tang of the hot sauce.  

It's odd how something becoming wildly popular almost always results in decreasing quality.  

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - WeezyBengal - 11-07-2023

(11-06-2023, 06:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Denny was a nightmare, and there was something really wrong with the guy.

Denny still pops up occassionaly on my social media (no idea why). 

Looks like he's still flaunting his meterial possesions. 

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - WeezyBengal - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 10:47 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I was sad when the old board went defunct.  Yeah, it got a bit snippy, but it was a good venue for us to vent..even against each other.  I got some round houses and devastating uppercuts thrown in the “trash talk” area.  

“I Was So Much Older Then, I’m Younger Than That Now”!

Oh yeah…I was at Paycor Sunday Night.  Gotta say, the electricity in the stadium made me feel like I was literally able to fly.  It was incredible.

Felt that way for a couple of minutes when I saw Carson Palmer hit Chris Henry in stride in 2005 against the Squealers.  Although, that was quickly replaced by dread.

That was the cocaine, my guy. 

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - michaelsean - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 03:12 PM)samhain Wrote: Sounds about right.

I'm old enough to remember when wings weren't much of a thing.  It was probably the early 90's before chain wing restaurants started popping up, with the exception of the hood wing chains that sell hot fried versions (also pretty solid).  

We got a Wings and Rings in my neighborhood around then.  It was in a dump of a building that never maintained business up until then.  If you picked up wings in the drive thru, the bag was absolutely drenched at the bottom with butter.  They became my standard for Buffalo wings.  Now even that chain isn't the same.  

Roosters isn't afraid of using butter, but they sometimes fail to get enough flavor to retain the tang of the hot sauce.  

It's odd how something becoming wildly popular almost always results in decreasing quality.  

I've been doing Wings and Rings since they opened in Oakley.  But man they refuse to cook them crisp even when you hit the crispier option.  I know what you are talking about with the older version.  A long time ago they had one in Mt Lookout Tavern, and yeah they came in a brown paper bag that you better carry from the bottom.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - The D.O.Z. - 11-07-2023

(11-07-2023, 03:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That was the cocaine, my guy. 
[Image: ffb8487e7c6b419997d33fb249f2281d.jpg]

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Mike M (the other one) - 11-08-2023

(11-06-2023, 06:10 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Apparently the board had multiple moments of these things supposedly happening. Michael Johnson was the player I was talking about IIRC.

Yep, Michael Johnson was the one i remembered as well.

I'm a patient person and i couldn't stand him for long. Joe from Flo was another fun one (and complete opposite of Denny)

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Frank Booth - 11-08-2023

(11-06-2023, 05:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Bills fans are mostly blaming their coach. Some are pissed at the refs. I understand that, and I saw the ones they are talking about, but they don't seem to recognize the Bengals got some crappy calls and missed calls as well. Bad PI call. Missed facemask on Burrow. Phantom holding call on the blown up penalty series. Phantom motion call on the FG attempt. Block in the back call on the kick return where the guy just fell down without being touched. Actual grounding after the puzzling one.

Oh and like many fans do, they wonder why they didn't play the whole game like they did in the 4th qtr. It's because the defense changes with a two score lead.

That phantom false start on the field goal attempt was egregious. Simply egregious.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Joelist - 11-08-2023

(11-06-2023, 05:34 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Speaking about the old board, I don't know if it was actually true but I remember a poster claiming to be the father of a player came and vehemently defended said player/son because of a ton of vitriol directed towards him.

Some people really started to go overboard with trash talk on players.

The over the top and personal trash talk about players was a major reason their board became toxic. To (for example) not like Andy was one thing - to make sexual jokes about his wife was beyond the pale. 

Who remembers the Umkubas-bot?

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-08-2023

(11-08-2023, 01:09 AM)Joelist Wrote: The over the top and personal trash talk about players was a major reason their board became toxic. To (for example) not like Andy was one thing - to make sexual jokes about his wife was beyond the pale. 

I believe that the starting quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals, Andy Dalton, will prove fatal for the team in the 2012 National Football League regular season.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Graphicguy - 11-08-2023

(11-07-2023, 03:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Denny still pops up occassionaly on my social media (no idea why). 

Looks like he's still flaunting his meterial possesions. 

Denny was a douche….plain and simple!

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Brownshoe - 11-08-2023

It's crazy to think that about a year and a half from now the old board would be down for 10 years, and this one going for that long. It doesn't feel like 10 years at all.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-08-2023

(11-08-2023, 01:09 AM)Joelist Wrote: The over the top and personal trash talk about players was a major reason their board became toxic. To (for example) not like Andy was one thing - to make sexual jokes about his wife was beyond the pale. 

Dude....I saw a post on social media that was identical to the Umkubas posting style. I started laughing immediately.

RE: Thread from the enemies… bengals/bills - PhilHos - 11-08-2023

(11-08-2023, 12:32 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: That phantom false start on the field goal attempt was egregious. Simply egregious.

Seriously, the ball was snapped and the Bills defenders just started pointing and the ref threw a flag?! Like, I would've thought a ref actually had to SEE a penalty before calling one. But I guess not. Just take some players word that a penalty by the other team was committed.  Whatever