Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Callahan to Titans - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Callahan to Titans (/Thread-Callahan-to-Titans)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Callahan to Titans - casear2727 - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 12:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only way it’s even a possibility is if Buffalo wants to shake things up. McDermott should definitely be on the hot seat.

Im not sure what the craze is all about?  The Bills offense didnt improve that much and some would say it stagnated at times like vs KC.  The guy was the OC for Carolina two seasons and then fired.  He was the WR coach at LSU.  Im sure he is a great up and comer but... no idea why he would consider coming here with so many spots open.

The players definitely want him to stay in Buffalo. 

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-players-campaign-for-joe-brady-as-permanent-offensive-coordinator/

RE: Callahan to Titans - Nicomo Cosca - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 12:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Josh Allen had a 60.7% completion and 85.5 QB Rating in his 7 games with Brady as interim OC (and became a game manager in the playoffs, under 200 yards/game and 5.64 yards per attempt), and the Panthers had the 24th and 29th scoring offenses his 2 years as OC there.

I am not a Joe Brady believer. Guy had an NFL team playing against college kids. Lol

The Bills WR’s did them no favors in that last game. The deep shot Diggs dropped alone could have completely changed the outcome.

I don’t really feel strongly about Brady one way or the other tbh. But he’s obviously going to continue to be linked to Burrow.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Soonerpeace - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 12:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not sure what the craze is all about?  The Bills offense didnt improve that much and some would say it stagnated at times like vs KC.  The guy was the OC for Carolina two seasons and then fired.  He was the WR coach at LSU.  Im sure he is a great up and comer but... no idea why he would consider coming here with so many spots open.

The players definitely want him to stay in Buffalo. 

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-players-campaign-for-joe-brady-as-permanent-offensive-coordinator/

He was also the Passing game coordinator.

But I get the skepticism. I’d rather keep Pitcher for continuity’s sake anyway.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-23-2024

Where is all this $23 mil for the tag coming from?

Everything I have seen says $20.7?

https://www.spotrac.com/news/projected-2024-franchise-tag-candidates-2110/

RE: Callahan to Titans - Synric - 01-23-2024

Throw out a name for QB Coach Pete Carmichael but he will probabaly end up back with Sean Payton.

RE: Callahan to Titans - QueenCity - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 11:29 AM)Synric Wrote: It would depend on the player. Move up for one of the tackles yea but at #7 they could be gone Bengals probabaly won't move up for Malik Nabers, a DE, or DBs. Brock Bowers would be the only other guy at #7 and I'm not sure that is good trade value even though I would love to see Bowers in stripes.

I'm no draft expert but Joe Alt the #1 OT I've seen on the board at #7 and I would also do it for Bowers.

RE: Callahan to Titans - jj22 - 01-23-2024

They are really reminding us of the gem we had in Cali.

Zac has shown me no reason to question is ability to build a coaching staff. I trust whatever his next move is. I'd like to see someone from the outside in one of the assistant position when the smoke clears.

RE: Callahan to Titans - jj22 - 01-23-2024

Brian Johnson went from HC candidate to out of a job. He had success grooming Hurts as his QB coach, and stats show some promise as Coordinator even though they didn't look as good down the stretch. May be an option for QB coach if he doesn't get another shot at coordinator. Getting fired as one doesn't really look good. May take a year to save face.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-23-2024

(01-22-2024, 09:57 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Looks like he’s going to the titans, per Schefter. Good spot to land with that defense.

Tag and trade Tee to Titans for their 1st? Would be a great trade and they need a #1 to right the wrong of letting  AJ Brown go.

Congrats to Brian. Hope he does well except when playing us of course. I like Levis when he plays well, and I would be down with tagging
and trading Tee of course. I just doubt it will happen as this Draft has a lot of good WR's to pick from for cheap. Honestly narrowing down 
our Offensive minds a bit might be a good thing yah never know.

Pitcher is well liked, hope he gets an opportunity to call plays and is great at it.

RE: Callahan to Titans - J24 - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 12:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because nobody is giving up a 1st round pick for Tee this offseasn. Dude will be on a 1 year franchise tag for $23m and is coming off a bad year. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him (us giving a 4th is a high 2nd, us giving a 3rd is a mid-2nd).

If this was last offseason we'd have easily gotten a 1st and a 3rd. But now they're not getting the 1yr/$3m final year of his contract now, and he's not coming off a 1k season but a 600 yard season.
We're talking about a 25 year old Wr, who's had 2 a 1,000 yard seasons(+ another 900 yard season), and has performed well in the postseason. Teams are not going to shy away from Tee because of 1 underperforming year in which he had injury issues and his starting QB did as well. Furthermore any team that trades for Tee will only do that with an extension in place.(unless he is traded after the franchise extension deadline) 

Jacksonville and Chiefs would easily give up a first for Tee; Carolina would give up the 33rd pick as well without hesitation. I would also say there are 3 or 4 maybe's on the list that would give up a first for Tee. Texans,  Bucs, Cowboys, and Colts.

(01-23-2024, 01:35 PM)J24 Wrote: We're talking about a 25 year old Wr, who's had 2 a 1,000 yard seasons(+ another 900 yard season), and has performed well in the postseason. Teams are not going to shy away from Tee because of 1 underperforming year in which he had injury issues and his starting QB did as well. Furthermore any team that trades for Tee will only do that with an extension in place.(unless he is traded after the franchise extension deadline) 

Jacksonville and Chiefs would easily give up a first for Tee; Carolina would give up the 33rd pick as well without hesitation. I would also say there are 3 or 4 maybe's on the list that would give up a first for Tee. Texans,  Bucs, Cowboys, and Colts.

No way anyone is giving up a 1st for Tee.  The Panthers with the 33rd pick might be the closest.  Trading a guy on a one year deal for over $20M is not worth that much unless they have an extension in place.  This is a banner crop of WRs in this draft.  I think fans seriously overvalue Tee.   

Jags already have Ridley, Kirk and Zay Jones.  No way in hell they give up the the #17 pick for Tee.  And we will not trade with KC.

I would take projected late round Brian Thomas Jr and his 5 year rookie deal over Tee and his 20M+ right now, today.

(01-23-2024, 01:35 PM)J24 Wrote: We're talking about a 25 year old Wr, who's had 2 a 1,000 yard seasons(+ another 900 yard season), and has performed well in the postseason. Teams are not going to shy away from Tee because of 1 underperforming year in which he had injury issues and his starting QB did as well. Furthermore any team that trades for Tee will only do that with an extension in place.(unless he is traded after the franchise extension deadline) 

Cowboys already have Lamb, so they’d be trading a 1st round pick for a WR2.

Colts have Pittman.

Nico Collins just had a better season for the Texans than any Tee has had to date.

RE: Callahan to Titans - BengalBob - 01-23-2024

Zac Taylor told Dave Lapham, “There's an interview process (for the OC) that will take place that's very necessary."

It’s notable how many of the notable offensive coordinator candidates around the NFL right now have close ties to Zac Taylor, in addition to Dan Pitcher and Troy Walters on the current staff.

Liam Coen, Klint Kubiak, Kliff Kingsbury, Jake Peetz and Jerrod Johnson have all either played with, played for or coached with Zac Taylor.

RE: Callahan to Titans - tms - 01-23-2024

So Zac's tree branches out... This should make us a destination for other top coordinators, if we weren't already. Wish BC well.

RE: Callahan to Titans - TecmoBengals - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 12:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because nobody is giving up a 1st round pick for Tee this offseasn. Dude will be on a 1 year franchise tag for $23m and is coming off a bad year. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him (us giving a 4th is a high 2nd, us giving a 3rd is a mid-2nd).

If this was last offseason we'd have easily gotten a 1st and a 3rd. But now they're not getting the 1yr/$3m final year of his contract now, and he's not coming off a 1k season but a 600 yard season.

Well summed up and I think it's a point overlooked: The Bengals are likely past the point in the process where they can get much value for Tee. It's why I think they tag him until he can pursue free agency on his terms. It will be similar to Cousins when in Washington. Tag after tag before the player gets full rights to control his future.

(01-23-2024, 01:49 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Zac Taylor told Dave Lapham, “There's an interview process (for the OC) that will take place that's very necessary."

It’s notable how many of the notable offensive coordinator candidates around the NFL right now have close ties to Zac Taylor, in addition to Dan Pitcher and Troy Walters on the current staff.

Liam Coen, Klint Kubiak, Kliff Kingsbury, Jake Peetz and Jerrod Johnson have all either played with, played for or coached with Zac Taylor.

The process is necessary only because of the Rooney Rule.  We will interview some black coach and insult him as our token candidate before formally announcing Pitcher.

There is the chance that Pitch gets an awesome offer with 100% control...

RE: Callahan to Titans - TecmoBengals - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 12:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If we plan on Elevating Pitcher we better do it before someone else offers him a contract

But lets say its not Pitcher... Whos out there

Kubiak and Griese with the 49'ers.

(01-23-2024, 01:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: No way anyone is giving up a 1st for Tee.  The Panthers with the 33rd pick might be the closest.  Trading a guy on a one year deal for over $20M is not worth that much unless they have an extension in place.  This is a banner crop of WRs in this draft.  I think fans seriously overvalue Tee.   

Jags already have Ridley, Kirk and Zay Jones.  No way in hell they give up the the #17 pick for Tee.  And we will not trade with KC.

I would take projected late round Brian Thomas Jr and his 5 year rookie deal over Tee and his 20M+ right now, today.

No team will do a deal without a longterm deal in place. So the 1 year rental is irrelevant to the discussion unless it's after the contract extension deadline.
Secondly; Ridley is a free agent and will be 30 this upcoming season. Also Tee and Lawrence were college teammates and a nice connection in college. If you think Trevor won't lobby hard for Tee then I don't know what to tell you.
Thirdly; stop you wouldn't draft an unknown player instead of trading for Tee if you didn't have a #1 Wr on your team already. Stop that's just a ridiculous notion man.

(01-23-2024, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cowboys already have Lamb, so they’d be trading a 1st round pick for a WR2.

Colts have Pittman.

Nico Collins just had a better season for the Texans than any Tee has had to date.

Cowboys might go all in this season, Pittman is in a similar situation as Higgins + QB on a rookie deal, and the Texans have a QB on a Rookie deal for the next four seasons so they can afford two big deals at WR.