Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan to Titans
Looks like he’s going to the titans, per Schefter. Good spot to land with that defense.

Tag and trade Tee to Titans for their 1st? Would be a great trade and they need a #1 to right the wrong of letting AJ Brown go.
Reply/Quote
10 months until someone uses this as an excuse.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Callahan. The Taylor coaching tree commences.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congrats.. wish him well except against us
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 09:57 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Looks like he’s going to the titans, per Schefter. Good spot to land with that defense.

Tag and trade Tee to Titans for their 1st? Would be a great trade and they need a #1 to right the wrong of letting AJ Brown go.

Not so great spot due to the QB situation though.

Reply/Quote
Good for him. Good luck except when we play them.

Let’s see what Pitch has. I’m going to guess with ZT still at the helm, we won’t notice many, if any changes.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not so great spot due to the QB situation though.

I think honestly the rest of their team is more of a concern than QB. At least with Levis, there is potential.

Not a whole lot else really going for them beyond that.

But there are only 32 of these jobs available. He’s not at a point where he has the luxury to turn down one.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think honestly the rest of their team is more of a concern than QB. At least with Levis, there is potential.

Not a whole lot else really going for them beyond that.

But there are only 32 of these jobs available. He’s not at a point where he has the luxury to turn down one.

Levis puts mayo in his coffee, and eats bananas with the peel on, he should be in an asylum, not on a football field. LOL

Agree with your last statement. At least it’s not a terribly tough division.

Reply/Quote
I thought he would go to Carolina and pair up Bryce! Congrats to Callahan though!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Cali. Can’t claim to have good coaches yet none get promoted to HC in 5 years. Maybe he’ll take Pollack. He’ll take some coaches with him. Just a matter of who. Maybe Bettcher as DC.

Either way good for him and good for the Zac legacy.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Was it him that just had a DNA test and found out he is actually a black guy?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 09:57 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Looks like he’s going to the titans, per Schefter. Good spot to land with that defense.

Tag and trade Tee to Titans for their 1st? Would be a great trade and they need a #1 to right the wrong of letting  AJ Brown go.

Very glad the Titans made this decision early enough that the Bengals can solidify his replacement. Nothing would have been worse than Callahan leaving late in the process.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:18 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Was it him that just had a DNA test and found out he is actually a black guy?

Yep definitely black! Give us though comp picks!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: Very glad the Titans made this decision early enough that the Bengals can solidify his replacement. Nothing would have been worse than Callahan leaving late in the process.

Pitcher is in the building. He just moves down the hall.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Pitcher is in the building. He just moves down the hall.

The danger would have been Pitcher leaving to be OC elsewhere and then Callahan getting the Titan's job. Now the Bengals can elevate Pitcher before he ended up with the Raiders or Saints. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:28 PM)Nepa Wrote: The danger would have been Pitcher leaving to be OC elsewhere and then Callahan getting the Titan's job. Now the Bengals can elevate Pitcher before he ended up with the Raiders or Saints. 

Absolutely
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Pitcher to the Raiders to call plays is a real possibility with Marvin’s pending influence. Hue may have burned is bridge there. This happening fast does help.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:28 PM)Nepa Wrote: The danger would have been Pitcher leaving to be OC elsewhere and then Callahan getting the Titan's job. Now the Bengals can elevate Pitcher before he ended up with the Raiders or Saints. 

What if Pitcher isn't ready for the administrative side of being a coordinator?  Some guys are better hands on with the players than they are as the big picture guy.

I certainly hope that the Bengals at least hold interviews outside of the people already in the building.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And then comes the next phase of the secret plan as the Bengals tag Tee and trade him to the Titans for their first three picks of the 2024 draft....
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Congrats to Cali. Can’t claim to have good coaches yet none get promoted to HC in 5 years. Maybe he’ll take Pollack. He’ll take some coaches with him. Just a matter of who. Maybe Betther  as DC.

Either way good for him and Frodo for the Zac legacy.

Mike Tomlin has never had one of his hires become a head coach.  Bruce Arians doesn't count.  He was hired by Cowher and fired by Tomlin.

The Bengals coaches are all under contract.  They aren't going anywhere unless it is a promotion.  WR coach Troy Walters is the other potential OC on the current staff.  Robert Livingston  safety coach the most likely defensive guy to get offers on th defensive side

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote