Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan to Titans
(01-23-2024, 11:22 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Higgins, 18, and 4th rounder for their 7th is a deal I'd make.

Yeah, me too, but would Higgins? He'd have to be willing to sign his franchise tag before the draft or the trade couldn't happen. So he'd have to at some level be willing to go to Tennessee and catch balls from Levis. Sure hope he likes Callahan.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that thinks Callahan could take Troy Walters as his OC assuming we elevate Pitcher?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 11:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks Callahan could take Troy Walters as his OC assuming we elevate Pitcher?

I agree
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 11:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The trade chart isn't exact or anything, but the value difference between moving from 18 to 7 is the same value as the 31st overall pick. Forget getting an extra pick from the Titans, we'd actually likely have to give the Titans our 3rd or 4th rounder.

Why would we give up an extra pick in that case? 31st value seems to be fair for Tee and the Titans would have to give up a 3rd or 4th Rd in addition.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 11:54 AM)J24 Wrote: Why would we give up an extra pick in that case? 31st value seems to be fair for Tee and the Titans would have to give up a 3rd or 4th Rd in addition.

Because nobody is giving up a 1st round pick for Tee this offseasn. Dude will be on a 1 year franchise tag for $23m and is coming off a bad year. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him (us giving a 4th is a high 2nd, us giving a 3rd is a mid-2nd).

If this was last offseason we'd have easily gotten a 1st and a 3rd. But now they're not getting the 1yr/$3m final year of his contract now, and he's not coming off a 1k season but a 600 yard season.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 11:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks Callahan could take Troy Walters as his OC assuming we elevate Pitcher?

If we plan on Elevating Pitcher we better do it before someone else offers him a contract

But lets say its not Pitcher... Whos out there
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 10:58 AM)Synric Wrote: They were all OCs in Baltimore under Harbaugh but were former HCs before they got there. Harbaugh usually hires guys with alot of experience.

Well according to the reference I supplied the names are different.

Quote:Here is his coaching tree ...  six assistant coaches, (Hue Jackson, Chuck Pagano, Rex Ryan, Mike Pettine, Vic Fangio, and David Culley.
 Reference
https://pro-football-history.com/coach/171/john-harbaugh-bio

Where did you get "Gary Kubiak, Jim Caldwell, and Marc Trestman"???

Again where is your reference?
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because nobody is giving up a 1st round pick for Tee this offseasn. Dude will be on a 1 year franchise tag for $23m and is coming off a bad year. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him (us giving a 4th is a high 2nd, us giving a 3rd is a mid-2nd).

If this was last offseason we'd have easily gotten a 1st and a 3rd. But now they're not getting the 1yr/$3m final year of his contract now, and he's not coming off a 1k season but a 600 yard season.

Id only use the Transistion tag on him.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If we plan on Elevating Pitcher we better do it before someone else offers him a contract

Don’t waste your time. You’ll never get it back.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If we plan on Elevating Pitcher we better do it before someone else offers him a contract

Joe Brady.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Id only use the Transistion tag on him.

Out of curiosity, why? You're only saving an estimated $3.6m compared to the franchise tag but then lose the ability to trade him. If someone offers him a deal and we don't match it (we shouldn't) then he's gone for zero compensation.

Reply/Quote
If Pitcher leaves its an indictment on Burrows hand/wrist more than anything.

I I'm Pitcher, no way I still around as OC if you knew Burrows hand was ****** and hes likely to regress. Only thing I can think of why hed leave.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe Brady.

The Joe Brady craze is out of control on twitter.   

Not sure why the guy would leave Josh Allen and that high powered offense of which he has 100% control to come to Cincy to give Zac recommendations?

He gets a ton of credit for being the WR coach in LSU in 2019.  Falcons have him on their HC list...

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Pitcher leaves its an indictment on Burrows hand/wrist more than anything.

I I'm Pitcher, no way I still around as OC if you knew Burrows hand was ****** and hes likely to regress. Only thing I can think of why hed leave.

This is kind of shortsighted.  Maybe he wants to be a real OC with 100% control of the offense like most others?  Maybe he wants to call plays?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Id only use the Transistion tag on him.

Who uses the Transition Tag these days?  

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Out of curiosity, why? You're only saving an estimated $3.6m compared to the franchise tag but then lose the ability to trade him. If someone offers him a deal and we don't match it (we shouldn't) then he's gone for zero compensation.

well his play wasnt worth over 20 mil for 1 year.

But if everyone thinks we can trade him then go for it likely if we tag him its a 1 year rental then he walks.   id take the cheaper rental
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe Brady.

Josh Allen had a 60.7% completion and 85.5 QB Rating in his 7 games with Brady as interim OC (and became a game manager in the playoffs, under 200 yards/game and 5.64 yards per attempt), and the Panthers had the 24th and 29th scoring offenses his 2 years as OC there.

I am not a Joe Brady believer. Guy had an NFL team playing against college kids. Lol

Reply/Quote
I know that Callahan doesn’t call plays here but he’s in direct communication with Taylor on game day on play suggestions, he’s an huge part of the game planning, the scheme, the X and O’s, play design and every other part of the offense he’s involved in. Essentially Callahan has a super significant say in the offense, even though he doesn’t call every play he’s definitely more involved then meets the eye.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well his play wasnt worth over 20 mil for 1 year.

But if everyone thinks we can trade him then go for it likely if we tag him its a 1 year rental then he walks.   id take the cheaper rental

The transition tag is projected to be $19.4m for 1 year. It's a difference of $3.6m, but with the transition tag he can be signed away for nothing by another team. I don't think it's a cheaper rental because I don't think it's a rental. It's just an extra step towards him walking for nothing.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Joe Brady craze is out of control on twitter.   

Not sure why the guy would leave Josh Allen and that high powered offense of which he has 100% control to come to Cincy to give Zac recommendations?

He gets a ton of credit for being the WR coach in LSU in 2019.  Falcons have him on their HC list...

Only way it’s even a possibility is if Buffalo wants to shake things up. McDermott should definitely be on the hot seat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote