Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan to Titans
Callahan has named Frank Pollack as the Titans new OC saying “I want to produce a dynamic explosive offense and with Pollack as OC I know we will have none of that”

Pollack was excited about his new role in Tennessee saying “ I’m excited for this opportunity and want to produce what I have in the past, a bunch of ass sitters. My motto is Whenever I feel like working, I lie down until the feeling goes away”
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Congrats to Brian. He's going to a much better spot than Carolina.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:34 PM)QueenCity Wrote: 1st round pick #7 would be pretty sweet. 

No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Tee. :lol:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Tee. LOL

I wonder if Tennessee would trade down from 7 to 18 for Tee? Also would that be enough for the Bengals? Maybe the Titans would have to throw in a 2nd Rd pick as well?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:48 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Tomlin has never had one of his hires become a head coach.  Bruce Arians doesn't count.  He was hired by Cowher and fired by Tomlin.

The Bengals coaches are all under contract.  They aren't going anywhere unless it is a promotion.  WR coach Troy Walters is the other potential OC on the current staff.  Robert Livingston  safety coach the most likely defensive guy to get offers on th defensive side

Why Livingston? It certainly wont be because of his safeties play this year.  Bettcher has DC experience, I could see him getting an offer.  I have never heard anything about Livingston being DC material.  Can you share that info?  

Reply/Quote
I am happy for BC. Players seem to love him and Dan Pitcher. Taylor speaks highly of both and I think BC is a good hire for Titans. I am glad this happened early so the Bengals did not lose BC and Dan. I know some think Pitcher is the dude, and Burrow speaks highly of him but Troy Walters may also get consideration for Bengals OC. It will be interesting how the offense changes next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:48 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Tomlin has never had one of his hires become a head coach.  Bruce Arians doesn't count.  He was hired by Cowher and fired by Tomlin.

John Harbaugh is a good head coach. He has no coaching tree. Bill Belichick has a coaching tree, entirely made up of absolute failures. It doesn't matter.

While it’s not Tomlin’s job to train up HCs for other teams, it’s not like his assistants are flaming out elsewhere like Belichick.

P.S. Tomlin made Arians OFC. Under Cowher, he was the Wide Receiver coach.  Smirk

https://www.steelernation.com/steelers-coaching-tree-bill-cowher

Was it Tomlin that fired Arians or the Front office? What part of I will get you the money on Friday, but on Monday I could not get you the money spells Tomlin fired Arians???

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/bruce-arians-has-only-himself-to-blame-for-firing-in-pittsburgh-45913315/

Me thinks you spout ...

[Image: Optimized-booty-booty-rockin-errrrrrrryw...00x445.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Callahan - given his other options I think he made the right choice.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think honestly the rest of their team is more of a concern than QB. At least with Levis, there is potential.

Not a whole lot else really going for them beyond that.

But there are only 32 of these jobs available. He’s not at a point where he has the luxury to turn down one.

Also alot of cap space so has ability to be active in FA
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Tee. LOL

Agree but possible they might trade a 2nd or 3rd for Tee and they have cap space.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Mr Callahan...

Now lets see what the offense looks like
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 05:31 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: John Harbaugh is a good head coach. He has no coaching tree. 

John Harbaugh's coordinators are littered with former Head Coaches like Gary Kubiak, Jim Caldwell, and Marc Trestman. He did have one coach leave and become a Head Coach Chuck Pagano. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 09:31 AM)Synric Wrote: John Harbaugh's coordinators are littered with former Head Coaches like Gary Kubiak, Jim Caldwell, and Marc Trestman. He did have one coach leave and become a Head Coach Chuck Pagano. 

I stand corrected. His coaching tree has combined for a record of 149-215-1.

Here is his coaching tree ...  six assistant coaches, (Hue Jackson, Chuck Pagano, Rex Ryan, Mike Pettine, Vic Fangio, and David Culley.

Reference
https://pro-football-history.com/coach/171/john-harbaugh-bio

Where did you get "Gary Kubiak, Jim Caldwell, and Marc Trestman"???
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 10:54 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I stand corrected. His coaching tree has combined for a record of 149-215-1.

Here is his coaching tree ...  six assistant coaches, (Hue Jackson, Chuck Pagano, Rex Ryan, Mike Pettine, Vic Fangio, and David Culley.

Reference

They were all OCs in Baltimore under Harbaugh but were former HCs before they got there. Harbaugh usually hires guys with alot of experience.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Congrats to him. Wish him well as long as it's not against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 10:54 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I stand corrected. His coaching tree has combined for a record of 149-215-1.
 Reference

(01-23-2024, 10:58 AM)Synric Wrote: They were all OCs in Baltimore under Harbaugh but were former HCs before they got there. Harbaugh usually hires guys with alot of experience.

I agree, cant count guys that were previous head coaches.

Im not sure I would count Fangio either. Guy was a DC for 3 different teams before coming to the Ravens as a LB coach for one season, then became a DC for 3 more teams before becoming a HC.

Rex Ryan, Culley, Pettine, and Pagano for sure.

I think Hue is a maybe, he was already an OC before being QB coach at the Ravens, but he did leave there for another OC and then HC, so maybe...? Depends on how we define tree I guess.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:12 AM)J24 Wrote: I wonder if Tennessee would trade down from 7 to 18 for Tee? Also would that be enough for the Bengals? Maybe the Titans would have to throw in a 2nd Rd pick as well?

The trade chart isn't exact or anything, but the value difference between moving from 18 to 7 is the same value as the 31st overall pick. Forget getting an extra pick from the Titans, we'd actually likely have to give the Titans our 3rd or 4th rounder.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 11:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The trade chart isn't exact or anything, but the value difference between moving from 18 to 7 is the same value as the 31st overall pick. Forget getting an extra pick from the Titans, we'd actually likely have to give the Titans our 3rd or 4th rounder.

Higgins, 18, and 4th rounder for their 7th is a deal I'd make.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 11:22 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Higgins, 18, and 4th rounder for their 7th is a deal I'd make.

It would depend on the player. Move up for one of the tackles yea but at #7 they could be gone Bengals probabaly won't move up for Malik Nabers, a DE, or DBs. Brock Bowers would be the only other guy at #7 and I'm not sure that is good trade value even though I would love to see Bowers in stripes.

Reply/Quote