Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan to Titans
(01-22-2024, 10:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What if Pitcher isn't ready for the administrative side of being a coordinator?  Some guys are better hands on with the players than they are as the big picture guy.

I certainly hope that the Bengals at least hold interviews outside of the people already in the building.

They won’t. Zac loves him and Joe loves him and that’s the end of the story.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What if Pitcher isn't ready for the administrative side of being a coordinator?  Some guys are better hands on with the players than they are as the big picture guy.

I certainly hope that the Bengals at least hold interviews outside of the people already in the building.

That's something some people don't get about these coaches ( Not speaking on the Bengals staff specifically ). Some guys are great position coaches or coordinators but other jobs they just implode on. Yes, some just need that opportunity, but some people are just good in a smaller role, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They won’t. Zac loves him and Joe loves him and that’s the end of the story.

Maybe they learned something from the transition from Brat when they thought outside of the box and  brought someone from outside in, considering the post Hue promote from within disasters. 

Pitchers resume isn’t all that impressive outside of the last 3 years (which could be and likely is because of Burrow). Calihan was young but had worked for other teams and coached other qbs successfully. Pitcher was a scout with Indy. Has he coached anywhere else on a pro level. Some point to college, but I’d caution those to remember the level of college and completion.

Zac does seem to have a great deal of respect for him. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 10:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe they learned something from the transition from Brat when they thought outside of the box and  brought someone from outside in, considering the post Hue promote from within disasters. 

Pitchers resume isn’t all that impressive outside of the last 3 years (which could be and likely is because of Burrow). Calihan was young but had worked for other teams and coached other qbs successfully. Pitcher was a scout with Indy. Has he coached anywhere else on a pro level. Some point to college, but I’d caution those to remember the level of college and completion.

I think they are fully confident in Pitcher. No worries. They know what they are doing.

Reply/Quote
Solid defense and a young QB who has flashed. They’ll be a playoff team by 2025

They should be able to land Bill Callahan too. They’ll surprise a lot of people next year

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think they are fully confident in Pitcher. No worries. They know what they are doing.

Certainly other teams are interested in Pitcher. He has three interviews lined up to become OC Coordinator:  Patriots tomorrow, Raiders also tomorrow, and Saints on Thursday. (per Rapoport)
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Pitcher would prefer to be an OC somewhere that he has control of calling plays?
Reply/Quote
Does Callahan try to sign Boyd and make a run for Higgins?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:04 PM)Nepa Wrote: Certainly other teams are interested in Pitcher. He has three interviews lined up to become OC Coordinator:  Patriots tomorrow, Raiders also tomorrow, and Saints on Thursday. (per Rapoport)

2 teams with new head coaches and bad QB situations and the thrid with a coach heading into next season on the hot seat.

He'll stay with the Bengals.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:10 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I wonder if Pitcher would prefer to be an OC somewhere that he has control of calling plays?

Security could be the key for Pitcher. Lots of security at the Bengals

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Does Callahan try to sign Boyd and make a run for Higgins?

I Believe so. Tee is from Tennessee

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I Believe so. Tee is from Tennessee

1st round pick #7 would be pretty sweet. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Good for him. Wonder if Callahan would prefer Tennessee ownership + Levis over Carolina ownership + Bryce Young.

They are in desperate need of a WR....
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Does Callahan try to sign Boyd and make a run for Higgins?

That is what Titan fans are hoping for.  They even want Jonah Williams too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Congrats to Brian, hope he does well. If / when Pitcher is elevated, who takes HIS place in the pecking order?
Reply/Quote
Is there a "Rooney Rule" for OC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 11:58 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Good for him. Wonder if Callahan would prefer Tennessee ownership + Levis over Carolina ownership + Bryce Young.

They are in desperate need of a WR....

Carolina is a dumpster fire. Tennesse is the right choice

Reply/Quote