Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
MIxon TRADED to Texans - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: MIxon TRADED to Texans (/Thread-MIxon-TRADED-to-Texans)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - 007BengalsFan - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 04:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 7th Round picks are largely worthless outside of special teams players.

I think later picks in the draft can be valuable helping you find hidden talent.  The problem is the Bengals dont have a big enough or good enough scouting department to find those kind of guys.  What kind of talent have the Bengals been able to find in the 6th and 7th rounds?  I think for the Bengals, 6th and 7th round picks are kind of useless.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - Destro - 03-12-2024

With the Bengals planning on cutting him, isn't it more on the Texans making a move to get him than the Bengals working some magic to get something for him? Guess the Texans reached out, the release paperwork isn't in yet, saying they will take him and the contract before he is free and clear to go absolutely anywhere that offers him a job. Otherwise, couldn't they have done this trade before informing him they would be releasing him?

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - TheLeonardLeap - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:39 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think later picks in the draft can be valuable helping you find hidden talent.  The problem is the Bengals dont have a big enough or good enough scouting department to find those kind of guys.  What kind of talent have the Bengals been able to find in the 6th and 7th rounds?  I think for the Bengals, 6th and 7th round picks are kind of useless.

Yeaaaah... it's been 11 years since the Bengals got even a half-decent player in the 6th or 7th round (Rex Burkhead, but maybe Iosivas in year 2 changes that). So you're probably right.

Still, as I said earlier, even basically nothing is better than actually nothing.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - Go Cards - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That's what I came on to say. We were the worst running team in the NFL last year and we add a new RB to change it up and some 
are complaining. I don't get it. Zack Moss helps in short yardage and yards after contact where Mixon was about the worst. He also 
helps in pass protection. We can add another RB in the Draft as well, but you couldn't get a more solid of a RB to add than Moss IMO.

This is a lot like bringing a younger Perine in. We can add another electric RB like Chase Brown in the Draft.

Exactly how I see it, Moss protects better and certain they will draft another RB as well. Don't get all the sky is falling takes. It's a win/win in my book, the Bengals got something for somebody who they were about to cut and Mixon goes to a good team with a more elusive QB that is better suited for his poor blocking.

Believe both teams will be better because of this move.

Betting it is a draft pick next year and hope it is based on his performance this season per it is his contract year and he should be all in. 

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2024

So has it been revealed as to exactly what the Bengals received in exchange for the about to be released Joe Mixon? I mean it's nice that they called and offered anything for what was about to be on the street, but really the Bengals likely did the Texans one hell of a favor. They admitted that they wanted Mixon at his current salary, and the Bengals allowed them to just have him without having to compete for his services against other teams.

I guess it sucks to be Joe Mixon today (well sort of) he had a chance to be on the open market and take advantage of what appears to be a seller's market for RBs this free agency, and he was merely shipped down the road for likely a late round draft pick. So, I hope that the Bengals at least played it up and were like "Oddly enough, you're not the first caller, another team called a few minutes ago and offered a conditional 6th round pick"...

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - bfine32 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So has it been revealed as to exactly what the Bengals received in exchange for the about to be released Joe Mixon?  I mean it's nice that they called and offered anything for what was about to be on the street, but really the Bengals likely did the Texans one hell of a favor.  They admitted that they wanted Mixon at his current salary, and the Bengals allowed them to just have him without having to compete for his services against other teams.

I guess it sucks to be Joe Mixon today (well sort of) he had a chance to be on the open market and take advantage of what appears to be a seller's market for RBs this free agency, and he was merely shipped down the road for likely a late round draft pick.  So, I hope that the Bengals at least played it up and were like "Oddly enough, you're not the first caller, another team called a few minutes ago and offered a conditional 6th round pick"...

We gifted Mixon $3 Mil today by not cutting him 

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - QueenCity - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 07:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Betting it is a draft pick next year and hope it is based on his performance this season per it is his contract year and he should be all in. 

That would be ideal would be nice to hope for a stronger pick than a 7th rounder. 

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 07:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Exactly how I see it, Moss protects better and certain they will draft another RB as well. Don't get all the sky is falling takes. It's a win/win in my book, the Bengals got something for somebody who they were about to cut and Mixon goes to a good team with a more elusive QB that is better suited for his poor blocking.

Believe both teams will be better because of this move.

Betting it is a draft pick next year and hope it is based on his performance this season per it is his contract year and he should be all in. 

Yes sir, everyone benefitted from this move including Mixon. Hope that is the case as well and Mixon has a good year with the Texans so 
we can get a higher pick then a 7th rounder as QueenCity here said.

(03-12-2024, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We gifted Mixon $3 Mil today by not cutting him 

Yep, worked out better for him with us trading him.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - Toy Cannon - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 12:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't get too excited. Probably traded him for Stationwagon. 

I'm thinking less than a station wagon, maybe a ten-speed bike and a bottle of yoohoo.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - BFritz21 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:39 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think later picks in the draft can be valuable helping you find hidden talent.  The problem is the Bengals dont have a big enough or good enough scouting department to find those kind of guys.  What kind of talent have the Bengals been able to find in the 6th and 7th rounds?  I think for the Bengals, 6th and 7th round picks are kind of useless.

(03-12-2024, 06:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeaaaah... it's been 11 years since the Bengals got even a half-decent player in the 6th or 7th round (Rex Burkhead, but maybe Iosivas in year 2 changes that). So you're probably right.

Still, as I said earlier, even basically nothing is better than actually nothing.

In the old days, I'd agree because it was more difficult to scout the smaller schools and find sleepers.

More scouts are still beneficial, but it's a million times easier with the internet now because (1) you can find smaller school guys online, (2) you can see their highlights and strengths without going to watch their games and practices, and (3) you can interview them online.

I agree that it's easier to find with more/better scouts, but it's definitely not as big of an issue as it used to be. 

Then again, it's easier for everyone and other teams with more/better scouts are more successful at finding talent, and in-person meetings are more beneficial.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - M.W. - 03-12-2024

A 7th round pick is better than nothing!

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - Bengalfan4life27c - 03-12-2024

Since Taylor came in and got them to hire an analytics guy we have been making much smarter decisions overall.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - Gohards - 03-12-2024

To me this one hurts. I really liked mixon. I really hope he does well with the texans.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-13-2024

(03-12-2024, 08:08 PM)M.W. Wrote: A 7th round pick is better than nothing!

7th round picks are great to double up on a position used with that year's 1st or 2nd round pick. It really pushes the higher choice who may feel safe when he gets to camp. The Bengals have done it it in the past. Big Daddy Wilkinson and Kimo Von Oelhoffen and later on with Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh.

"Looks like the 7th rounder isn't having problems with this drill, Mr Top Pick . . . why are you having problems with it?"

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - sandwedge - 03-13-2024

Houshmandzadeh and Ivey disagree with you

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-13-2024

(03-13-2024, 01:09 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Houshmanzadah and Ivey disagree with you

So true on Housh, hope Ivey does something similar on the Defensive side of the ball being a dang good player, I sure liked what I saw of
Poison Ivey last year until the injury.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - NATI BENGALS - 03-13-2024

Sucks we lose him and Texans are getting better. That pick certainly helps the situation.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - XenoMorph - 03-13-2024

(03-13-2024, 01:13 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true on Housh, hope Ivey does something similar on the Defensive side of the ball being a dang good player, I sure liked what I saw of
Poison Ivey last year until the injury.

injury seems to be his only consistancy

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - SunsetBengal - 03-13-2024

(03-13-2024, 08:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: injury seems to be his only consistancy

Are you thinking of Tycen Anderson?  He's been injured both years that he's been with the team.

RE: MIxon TRADED to Texans - XenoMorph - 03-13-2024

(03-13-2024, 10:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you thinking of Tycen Anderson?  He's been injured both years that he's been with the team.

lol i read the name wrong