Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 04-24-2016

[Image: 12994321_10153643105416275_8495552908471...e=57A4D71A]

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 02:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Are you really suggesting that the only people opposed to males using females facilities are "religious extremists". 

Yes.  That is why they are called "Religious Freedom" laws.

(04-24-2016, 02:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There will be those that will feel less safe once this becomes law, but according to you: those folks have "issues". Not good issues that need laws like wanting to use the other bathroom, but bad issues that require no protection under the law.  

The people who feel uncomnfortable being in the same bathroom with a transgender have issues because there is not threat of harm to them.  they are only upset because of their religious beliefs.

On the other hand trangenders face harrassment and possible acts of phyisiacl violence if they are forced to use the wrong public restroom.

"Protection under the law" is for people who need protecting.  Not people who are upset just because of their religious beliefs.

No issues are "good issues".  I have no idea where you came up with sucha  childish term.  but heer is definitely a big difference with having issues about being assualted and having issues about being on the same room with a transgender person who poses no threat to you.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Forcing transgender people to suffer the possible harrasment and even acts of physical violence they face from using the wrong bathroom is a punishment.

Are there currently laws in place that protect people who are assaulted in bathrooms?

(04-24-2016, 04:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 12994321_10153643105416275_8495552908471...e=57A4D71A]

This is perhaps the dumbest meme to date. Answer these to questions and see if you can figure out why:

Do you think all transwomen look feminine and all transmales look masculine? 

Why did NC feel the need to pass the law?

(04-24-2016, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are there currently laws in place that protect people who are assaulted in bathrooms?

Yes there are.

But these new laws prevent the assaults from ever happening.  That is the way are laws are supposed to work.

There are punishments in place for people who cause wrecks from driving too fast.  But that doea not prevent us from also havinf speed limits to prevent the crashes from happening ion the first place.

i can give dozens of other examples if you still can't grasp the concept.

(04-24-2016, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why did NC feel the need to pass the law?

The same resaon they called it a "religious freedom" law.  they want to be able to discriminate against people basedon their religious beliefs.

Their religious beliefs are opposed to transgender people.  Just like they wer opposed to homosexual people having equal protection under the law.  

(04-24-2016, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is perhaps the dumbest meme to date. Answer these to questions and see if you can figure out why:

Do you think all transwomen look feminine and all transmales look masculine? 

Why did NC feel the need to pass the law?

Question one: No.

Question two: Because they are afraid.

Now that I answered your questions:

How does that make it dumb?  Do you think women will less intimidated by the guy up there walking in because the law says it has to be that way or by someone looks like the young lady in the same photo?

See just like I've said from the start of this the NC legislature to trying to say something bad *might* happen when it never has and while the bill does nothing to stop it in the future anyway.  However it DOES stop people from suing if they have been discriminated against at their jobs.  So...bathrooms?

(04-24-2016, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The same resaon they called it a "religious freedom" law.  they want to be able to discriminate against people basedon their religious beliefs.

Their religious beliefs are opposed to transgender people.  Just like they wer opposed to homosexual people having equal protection under the law.  

Then why didn't they pass this law a long time ago?

We can play this game for a while

(04-24-2016, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes there are.

But these new laws prevent the assaults from ever happening.  That is the way are laws are supposed to work.

There are punishments in place for people who cause wrecks from driving too fast.  But that doea not prevent us from also havinf speed limits to prevent the crashes from happening ion the first place.

i can give dozens of other examples if you still can't grasp the concept.

No law prevents everything from happening.  i can give dozens of other examples if you still can't grasp the concept.

(04-24-2016, 04:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Question one: No.

Question two: Because they are afraid.

Now that I answered your questions:

How does that make it dumb?  Do you think women will less intimidated by the guy up there walking in because the law says it has to be that way or by someone looks like the young lady in the same photo?

See just like I've said from the start of this the NC legislature to trying to say something bad *might* happen when it never has and while the bill does nothing to stop it in the future anyway.  However it DOES stop people from suing if they have been discriminated against at their jobs.  So...bathrooms?

It is dumb because it goes off the assumption that all trans look like  the gender they identify with and that NC just passed these laws out of the blue. Anyone could post a picture of a masculine looking transwoman and use the caption. I can legally share a shower with your wife

(04-24-2016, 04:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No law prevents everything from happening.  i can give dozens of other examples if you still can't grasp the concept.

Laws do shape behavior.  There is tons of evidence to prove this.

Lower the speed limit and more people drive at slower speeds which saves lives.

And I can come up with lots of other examples if you continue to deny reality.

(04-24-2016, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Then why didn't they pass this law a long time ago?

We can play this game for a while

I am not playiong any game.

They did  not pass this law a long time ago because so many people were okay with discrimination against transgender people.

As society advances so do our laws.  Some of our founding fathers owned slaves, but our current laws reflect our more advanced society.

(04-24-2016, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is dumb because it goes off the assumption that all trans look like  the gender they identify with and that NC just passed these laws out of the blue. Anyone could post a picture of a masculine looking transwoman and use the caption. I can legally share a shower with your wife

It say nothing of the sort.  That was your personal interpretation because you disagree with it.  It shows why the law is faulty and ill-conceived.  It calls the law "stupid" not rushed or hurried.

That  is all.

But your personal bias made you see something that isn't there

However the "bathroom" law is about way more than public bathrooms son.  Something else that is being ignored by personal bias.

(04-24-2016, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not playiong any game.

They did  not pass this law a long time ago because so many people were okay with discrimination against transgender people.

As society advances so do our laws.  Some of our founding fathers owned slaves, but our current laws reflect our more advanced society.

Damn fine point there.  The state was afraid too many cities were evolving in their understand and acceptance of each other so they stepped in to make sure they could keep a minority in its place based on "religion" and hidden as a "safety" issue.

(04-24-2016, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not playiong any game.

It's either all that or a city in the state passed  law that said dudes could use women's restrooms. So liberal to compare a transgender to African Americans. 

I've said 1,000 times use whichever facility you want, just don't expect me to support a law that allows a man to use a women's restroom because he feels like a woman. 

(04-24-2016, 04:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: It say nothing of the sort.  That was your personal interpretation because you disagree with it.  It shows why the law is faulty and ill-conceived.  It calls the law "stupid" not rushed or hurried.

That  is all.

But your personal bias made you see something that isn't there

However the "bathroom" law is about way more than public bathrooms son.  Something else that is being ignored by personal bias.

Of course that's what it says. Why do you think they used such a feminine looking tramswoman and masculine transman? You are not really that naive are you?

Has zero to do with my bias and making up something that isn't there. It is there and easy to see. 

(04-24-2016, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's either all that or a city in the state passed  law that said dudes could use women's restrooms. So liberal to compare a transgender to African Americans. 

I've said 1,000 times use whichever facility you want, just don't expect me to support a law that allows a man to use a women's restroom because he feels like a woman. 

So, to be clear, you don't care if a man who identifies as a woman uses the ladies room as long as there is no law saying he can.

But if there is a law saying he cannot you are okay with it?

You don't care if it happens...you just agree there should be a law saying it can't.

Mellow

(04-24-2016, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course that's what it says. Why do you think they used such a feminine looking tramswoman and masculine transman? You are not really that naive are you?

Has zero to do with my bias and making up something that isn't there. It is there and easy to see. 

Nowhere on that meme does it say "all".  It makes a completely different argument than that. It shows two examples of people who would be forced to use bathrooms that would make them look more out of place than a slightly not feminine enough woman in the ladies room.

You projected your bias on it and made it seem it says something it did not.

(04-24-2016, 05:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: So, to be clear, you don't care if a man who identifies as a woman uses the ladies room as long as there is no law saying he can.

But if there is a law saying he cannot you are okay with it?

You don't care if it happens...you just agree there should be a law saying it can't.

Mellow

I'm not even sure if there was a law before Charlotte  passed a law stating dudes can use women's restrooms. They most likely thought the little diagram sufficed. But when Charlotte passed their law, they forced the state's hand to answer to their population.  

(04-24-2016, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You are not really that naive are you?

(04-24-2016, 05:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nowhere on that meme does it say "all".  It makes a completely different argument than that. It shows two examples of people who would be forced to use bathrooms that would make them look more out of place than a slightly not feminine enough woman in the ladies room.

You projected your bias on it and made it seem it says something it did not.
Guess so.