Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Adam Jones Arrested. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Adam Jones Arrested. (/Thread-Adam-Jones-Arrested)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - fredtoast - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 02:36 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Woo! A free out!

A "free out"?

He was not that bad this year.  With Dre a free agent Adam was a valuable asset for the bengals.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Hoofhearted - 01-03-2017

New details are emerging that Bodine and Ogbuehi was with Pacman. When security arrived, they tried to block them, but security blew by them untouched. Ninja Sarcasm

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - wolfkaosaun - 01-03-2017

Apparently they also used a restraint chair for Adam Jones

Adam Jones needs to be cut. His play was diminishing and he can't keep his head straight.

He was also a reason for the playoff game with his penalty. But they brought him back. He's been arrested twice while here, although one was dropped.

In case you don't remember that one, it was where he threw that bottle towards the female during an argument. No charges happened due to her instigating or something along those lines.\

But, dude spit on a nurse. Apparently was kicking and trying to get officers off of him. While we don't know all the facts, if true he needs cut.

He will be 34. In trouble once again. And is on the decline. He saves us $6 million this year and $5 million the next. Use that $6 million on Kirkpatrick or Whit of Zeitler.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - csrbowhunter - 01-03-2017

I don't believe everything cops and reporters say either. Maybe he was so drunk he just drooled on the nurse. Lol
Plus he's got some big ass lips maybe he was spraying it more than he was saying it!
I love pacman as a player. If you go to the practices, he puts in more effort than any other vet on the field. I know his passion in the heat of the game sometimes hurts the team more then it helps the team.
But this could be one of those moments if they cut him now it could set the tone for the rest of the team. Act like professionals or you will be gone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - bfine32 - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 04:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: In case you don't remember that one, it was where he threw that bottle towards the female during an argument. No charges happened due to her instigating or something along those lines.\

There's more than that. Off the top of my head I seem to remember something at a (wife's) Birthday Party at a club when he was in a neck brace. The was a citation for resisting arrest we he became aggressive when the lady he was riding with was stopped. There was the time he was detained for a traffic violation after a game.

Was he guilty in all these? Who knows. But what other player (OK I give you Maul) has been in that many situations? 

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - samhain - 01-03-2017

Unless there's a contract technicality that makes him cheaper to cut a month from now, Jones needs to be gone within the week.

He's just unable to control his temper and age/experience have done little to change that, despite what he says in interviews.

I'm not one of the people that has been banging the drum for his release all season. His play has declined, but I thought he had a place on this team, perhaps as a nickel guy like Leon toward the end of his tenure here. No more.

My guess was that they'd re-sign Dre and let Zeitler walk, and now it's almost a foregone conclusion if they do what they should. There are 3 young first rounders and a relatively competent player in Shaw on the roster. Jones wasn't likely to get better as he aged, so the impact of his loss is debatable. It's totally possible that he's about to fall off a cliff. Time to let him go. He'll likely do something like this again and is well past second and third chances.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Nately120 - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 04:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't make judgments based on preliminary news  reports and certainly don't trust the word of cops in the local jail . I've been in a few jails in my lifetime and they damned sure ain't saints..
I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but as far as the idea that a football team should be nothing but upstanding citizens..that's never going to happen. 

I think we are making judgement based upon 10+ years of behavior rather than this specific incident.  

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - bfine32 - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 04:50 PM)samhain Wrote: Unless there's a contract technicality that makes him cheaper to cut a month from now, Jones needs to be gone within the week.

I think we can announce it now; however, it doesn't become official until after the Superbowl. Ironically, I'm pretty sure how it played out in Dallas.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-03-2017

Holy cow......not again.  Time to cut bait.

(01-03-2017, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's more than that. Off the top of my head I seem to remember something at a (wife's) Birthday Party at a club when he was in a neck brace. The was a citation for resisting arrest we he became aggressive when the lady he was riding with was stopped. There was the time he was detained for a traffic violation after a game.

Was he guilty in all these? Who knows. But what other player (OK I give you Maul) has been in that many situations? 

Yeah I couldn't remember all the details. I just remember watching the video.

To my knowledge, nothing ever became of it legally. But that should have been a warning there. This might be the straw to break the camel's back.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Goalpost - 01-03-2017

Sadly, I don't think his temperament will ever leave him.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Older Than You - 01-03-2017

Cut the bastard.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - McC - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 05:35 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Sadly, I don't think his temperament will ever leave him.

If it's not in his DNA, it is so firmly entrenched in his psyche that it never will.  It's who he is.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - The Real Deal - 01-03-2017

He needs to go. Would have been nice to know what we have in WJ3 right about now wouldn't it?

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - BengalsRocker - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 04:32 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Apparently they also used a restraint chair for Adam Jones

Damn we could have really used one of those during the last playoff game!

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - jfkbengals - 01-03-2017

I read about it at lunch time, but not once in this thread have I seen what was stated in the article: witnesses denied that he did anything to be arrested, which is why he resisted arrest.

I'm not defending him, and I was fine with the idea of releasing him mid-season. With that said, it would not be the first time someone made an untrue claim about someone and got them arrested. Ced Benson once got arrested for being sucker punched by a man who was mad that his girl got her picture taken with the RB. Chris Henry was locked up for punching a teenager, only to later be released and receive a full apology from the police because the kid made the whole thing up.

Were these witnesses his friends? Who knows. But until the whole story is out there and/or there is video showing the whole incident, I will not pass judgement. Nor will I care if the team moves on, as it seemed father time got the best of Jones this year anyway.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - lostpoet2 - 01-03-2017

Right now there are 151 people, including guests, viewing this forum. Let's say that everyone at the same instant is mistakenly arrested by their respective local police. How many of the 151 will end up kicking, headbutting, and spitting on someone during the incident?

(01-03-2017, 07:49 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Right now there are 151 people, including guests, viewing this forum.  Let's say that everyone at the same instant is mistakenly arrested by their respective local police.  How many of the 151 will end up kicking, headbutting, and spitting on someone during the incident?

A very low percentage.

However, I could understand him maybe freaking out because of his past and not wanting to go.

But that's not the way to do it, and he made things worse for himself.

I'm hoping there's video of this somewhere.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - bengalfanincolumbus - 01-03-2017

It's an opportunity to rid the locker room of a negative influence, if not a cancer, and indirectly address the need for team discipline.. send pac-man packing Cool