Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adam Jones Arrested.
http://local12.com/news/local/bengals-adam-pacman-jones-arrested-charged-with-assault-disorderly-conduct

So this probably means suspension due to his history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, he might have just shown himself the door.

Cue the ESPN front page articles talking about the Bengals being undisciplined and a bunch of thugs.  Be sure to include the picture of him shoving Porter.  
Reply/Quote
The off-season horn has officially sounded.
Reply/Quote
And apparently one of the charges is a felony (assault with a bodily substance) (spitting on an officer)
Reply/Quote
I was hoping we'd cut him this offseason based on having little dead money, but this may help the cause. I'd like us to let him walk send that money to Dre and let the younger guys get their shots.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: I was hoping we'd cut him this offseason based on having little dead money, but this may help the cause. I'd like us to let him walk send that money to Dre and let the younger guys get their shots.
The problem is Mike Brown signed him to a contract that goes many years and Mike Brown made him our highest paid CB while not signing Hall or Kirkpatrick as of yet.....I would love to cut Jones and keep Kirkpatrick, but Mike Brown has probably yet again painted himself into a corner......UNLESS there are some contract clauses on Pacman having no more booze/ drug related problems of which Mike Brown should have insisted be in the contract of this player. .....We will see. Good chance Mike Brown made another stupid contract move. I can see Kirkpatrick gone and Pacman on suspension but still a Bengal.  That would be Mike Brown all over the place and why we have never won a play-off game with Mike Brown as the owner.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hamilton County police are rather notoriously kinda pricks. My question is where the heck was that fire at all season Pac-Man?? (I'll probably need a new screen moniker after this one, lol)
Reply/Quote
Innocent till proven guilty but he needs to be shown the door either way. How many times do you put yourself in that situation?
Reply/Quote
If true, they should show him the door.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:12 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And apparently one of the charges is a felony (assault with a bodily substance) (spitting on an officer)

And he's a captain? Not a good look. Glad nobody was hurt.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:27 AM)kevin Wrote: The problem is Mike Brown signed him to a contract that goes many years and Mike Brown made him our highest paid CB while not signing Hall or Kirkpatrick as of yet.....I would love to cut Jones and keep Kirkpatrick, but Mike Brown has probably yet again painted himself into a corner......UNLESS there are some contract clauses on Pacman having no more booze/ drug related problems of which Mike Brown should have insisted be in the contract of this player. .....We will see. Good chance Mike Brown made another stupid contract move. I can see Kirkpatrick gone and Pacman on suspension but still a Bengal.  That would be Mike Brown all over the place and why we have never won a play-off game with Mike Brown as the owner.

The contract going many years doesn't matter because practically nothing is guaranteed after this season, your logic makes no sense in this instance. If he had a guaranteed contract I could agree with you, but tin this case he loses nothing and frees up cash to try and get someone else. Side note, Mike Brown isn't negotiating contracts anymore and hasn't for a couple years now, it's all his daughter now handling the money.
Reply/Quote
Once a thug always a thug.
Any suggestions on a new screen moniker for me now??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:59 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Once a thug always a thug.
Any suggestions on a new screen moniker for me now??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

I'd recommend someone who wasn't "once a thug"...
Reply/Quote
And so begins the 2017 purge of bengals players... Although this one was very unexpected. Contract or not, it's hard seeing them keep pacman after this one
Reply/Quote
Looks like he took a step back on and off the field this year.

I would be fine with cutting him. Do the right thing, Bengals FO.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:27 AM)kevin Wrote: The problem is Mike Brown signed him to a contract that goes many years and Mike Brown made him our highest paid CB while not signing Hall or Kirkpatrick as of yet.....I would love to cut Jones and keep Kirkpatrick, but Mike Brown has probably yet again painted himself into a corner......UNLESS there are some contract clauses on Pacman having no more booze/ drug related problems of which Mike Brown should have insisted be in the contract of this player. .....We will see. Good chance Mike Brown made another stupid contract move. I can see Kirkpatrick gone and Pacman on suspension but still a Bengal.  That would be Mike Brown all over the place and why we have never won a play-off game with Mike Brown as the owner.

No guaranteed money in the NFL. This isnt the MLB. Cut him, free up the money, and move on. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:09 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No guaranteed money in the NFL. This isnt the MLB. Cut him, free up the money, and move on. 

They are partially guaranteed. and Bengals don't usually like dead money, and his is 7.6 million next year. But I do 100% agree.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: The contract going many years doesn't matter because practically nothing is guaranteed after this season, your logic makes no sense in this instance. If he had a guaranteed contract I could agree with you, but tin this case he loses nothing and frees up cash to try and get someone else. Side note, Mike Brown isn't negotiating contracts anymore and hasn't for a couple years now, it's all his daughter now handling the money.

The fact remains that Pacman is signed many years as our highest paid CB and Hall was let go and Kirkpatrick is unsigned going into free agency. Plus they drafted Dennard and Jackson First Round.......Now neither you or I know the details of the Pacman contract. To say we can cut him and free up money is pure speculation without knowing all the legal ins and outs of this long expensive contract.  We can hope he is innocent.....or we can hope the contact gives Bengals an option here to get out of it.....but we can not just say LET HIM WALK, GET RID OF HIM, SHOW HIM THE DOOR, because we DO NOT know the legal ins and outs of his contract. We just don't.  A team of lawyers will have a hard time arguing over what the contract options are...............Be it Mike or his daughter Pumpkin, there is a good chance they painted us into a corner where we lose Kirkpatrick and have Pacman who can't play due to suspensions. That would indeed be Bengals front office again of questionable moves and no play-off wins since Paul Brown died.........Hey, I would love to dump Pacman right now and keep Kirkpatrick, if we can get out of this long expensive Pacman contract. ...None of us really know the ins and outs of this very legal and binding Pacman contract. We can pretend we do, but we don't.......IF we dump him, is he still a salary cap hit for years to come ?.....This is where NFL lawyers will earn their pay.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sorry but he needs to be cut NOW, set the tone for next season, this would be a great start!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Too much free reign on the field, constantly complaining about every single call; and it's a bad influence on the younger corners. He's been good for us for the most part, but he's carried his on-field antics out into public. Time to cut him, and let everyone on the team know this is a professional sport which is privilege to be able to play, and not a right which can be abused.
Reply/Quote