Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adam Jones Arrested.
Also, this whole situation probably gives Kirkpatrick more leverage going into free agency, especially if the Bengals are trying to resign him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Dear God. When you're handed the world and you just can't resist pissing it all away.

Just saw a report on Sports Center. Said he allegedly spit on a nurse. No video of any on-field shenanigans, just a run-down of his misconduct throughout the years.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, this whole situation probably gives Kirkpatrick more leverage going into free agency, especially if the Bengals are trying to resign him.

It also gives the Bengals an excuse to draft yet another corner lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:13 AM)kevin Wrote: The fact remains that Pacman is signed many years as our highest paid CB and Hall was let go and Kirkpatrick is unsigned going into free agency. Plus they drafted Dennard and Jackson First Round.......Now neither you or I know the details of the Pacman contract. To say we can cut him and free up money is pure speculation without knowing all the legal ins and outs of this long expensive contract.  We can hope he is innocent.....or we can hope the contact gives Bengals an option here to get out of it.....but we can not just say LET HIM WALK, GET RID OF HIM, SHOW HIM THE DOOR, because we DO NOT know the legal ins and outs of his contract. We just don't.  A team of lawyers will have a hard time arguing over what the contract options are...............Be it Mike or his daughter Pumpkin, there is a good chance they painted us into a corner where we lose Kirkpatrick and have Pacman who can't play due to suspensions. That would indeed be Bengals front office again of questionable moves and no play-off wins since Paul Brown died.........Hey, I would love to dump Pacman right now and keep Kirkpatrick, if we can get out of this long expensive Pacman contract.  ...None of us really know the ins and outs of this very legal and binding Pacman contract. We can pretend we do, but we don't.......IF we dump him, is he still a salary cap hit for years to come ?.....This is where NFL lawyers will earn their pay.

Okay, so it is apparent you don't understand how the NFL salary cap works. I do know the details of Pacman's contract, you can easily find it online as it is filed with the league office. If we cut him next year the cap hit is 1.3 million but a savings of 6.2 million. There are no "legal ins and outs" to know, or "contract options". NFL contracts are the most team friendly contracts in all of sports and offer little to no protection to the players.

He is cutable and it would make financial sense to do so base don his play, age , and behavior.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:25 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It also gives the Bengals an excuse to draft yet another corner lol

Might as well Ninja .  With the 9th pick in the draft, the Bengals select Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama.
Reply/Quote
As I said in another thread about whether we should part ways with him...immature.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:27 AM)kevin Wrote: The problem is Mike Brown signed him to a contract that goes many years and Mike Brown made him our highest paid CB while not signing Hall or Kirkpatrick as of yet.....I would love to cut Jones and keep Kirkpatrick, but Mike Brown has probably yet again painted himself into a corner......UNLESS there are some contract clauses on Pacman having no more booze/ drug related problems of which Mike Brown should have insisted be in the contract of this player. .....We will see. Good chance Mike Brown made another stupid contract move. I can see Kirkpatrick gone and Pacman on suspension but still a Bengal.  That would be Mike Brown all over the place and why we have never won a play-off game with Mike Brown as the owner.

We know how the Bengals will handle this...they'll let it play out in court and see what happens and let the decision make itself for them.

If he gets convicted, he's likely suspended for a lengthy period of time. I'm not sure if they'd waive him in this scenario as you don't get paid when you're suspended right?

And if charges are dropped, they bring him to camp competing for a starting spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Okay, so it is apparent you don't understand how the NFL salary cap works. I do know the details of Pacman's contract, you can easily find it online as it is filed with the league office. If we cut him next year the cap hit is 1.3 million but a savings of 6.2 million. There are no "legal ins and outs" to know, or "contract options". NFL contracts are the most team friendly contracts in all of sports and offer little to no protection to the players.

He is cutable and it would make financial sense to do so base don his play, age , and behavior.

Thanks for that. I thought it was the cap that counted as dead money, but since they probably paid most of his guaranteed money this year, that takes it down drastically.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I imagine the chargers will be pleaded down but yeah I would get rid of him regardless. Maybe try to trade him for a 6rd or 7th Rd pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
LOL....this dude's a joke. He needs to be cut. He's not worth the headache and his play dropped off big time this year.
Reply/Quote
Time to say goodbye. Second chances are fine, you can't keep giving fourth and fifth chances. Especially when it's exactly the behavior with which he's hurt the team on and off the field over and over again.

Jones has serious anger management issues. We've seen it time and time again. You have to send a message to the team and the league that you're not going to keep tolerating it.

It just so happens that based on his performance and contract it probably benefits the team as well. He was worth resigning for this year but he's clearly on the down side and the money would be better spent elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:34 AM)R3stangs Wrote: As I said in another thread about whether we should part ways with him...immature.

Immaturity seems like someone who can possibly age and grow out of making bad decisions...doesn't have the brain development or life experience to realize what he's doing is throwing obstacles in his own path.

This guy is 33 years old and keeps getting in the same trouble in the same places for the same reasons.
Reply/Quote
***** cut him. The Bengals are stacked at the CB position anyway. He probably just helped Dre Kirkpatrick in his negotiations to be resigned. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:39 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We know how the Bengals will handle this...they'll let it play out in court and see what happens and let the decision make itself for them.

If he gets convicted, he's likely suspended for a lengthy period of time. I'm not sure if they'd waive him in this scenario as you don't get paid when you're suspended right?

And if charges are dropped, they bring him to camp competing for a starting spot.

The league doesn't have to wait on convictions.  They can and probably will discipline him just based on being involved in something like this with his history.  Hopefully they'll suspend him for a season and that will force Brown to cut their losses on him.
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones is a hothead. It's gotten him in trouble on countless occasions.
He's really the only player left giving that off-the-field "thug" mentality for the Bengals.

If cutting Adam Jones means saving ~$6 million in cap space and helps re-sign Zeitler, Whitworth, and Kirkpatrick, then I'm for it at this point.
The upcoming outside FA CB list looks pretty decent and the Bengals can likely land a quality player for less than $5 million, plus Pick #9 is a good spot for either Marlon Humphrey or Teez Tabor. There are plenty of options to replace Jones if he were cut.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Jones isn't going anywhere. This is Mike Brown. Do you think he cares about public perception? He just signed Pacman last offseason. He has two years left on his contract.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
thought he was done with this kinda stuff, innocent til proven guilty but I have doubts considering his history.
Reply/Quote
Spitting on people? That is a man who has jumped the beam. He kind of had that look about him all year. This looks like passion and fire turned to poison. How can you keep him around?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jones has got to go. Whether his production has tanked or not (and it clearly has), the Bengals can't keep a player after an incident like this. I know cops can be jackasses, but you can't spit on or assault an officer. The NFL will suspend him, and given his past, I would be on a year's suspension.

My bet is that Pacman has played his last game in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Time to go Adam....buh bye.
Reply/Quote