Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - RunKijanaRun - 03-20-2022

Since Collins got away, they need to move on someone else immediately. Not many decent tackles out there.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - JWW1971 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 02:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No sir, Collins left Cincinnati. Cinci is still in play but things are done for now. 

Thanks

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Mike M (the other one) - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You crack me up Frank.

You honestly think that NFL teams hand out contracts just based on looking at stat sheets?

There is a good reason that in a free market competition between teams with professional scouts Uzo got paid a lot more than Hurst.

??? Higher pay doesn't mean CJ's better. 
I think Hurst is a slight upgrade.

Hurst's 1 year of being the guy was better than CJ's best. 
As Frank said, when stuck behind two Pro-Bowlers, what's a guy to do?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - OSUfan - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 02:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: But we haven't yet, which makes my point accurate. When we do then we can reevaluate if we've kept up with the AFC.

I get your hope, but nothing you've said has happened so you are claiming I am wrong based off a bunch of if's... Obviously ifs change things, but you can't claim we haven't fallen behind based off of a bunch of "ifs". 

You are claiming we have fallen behind by a lot of "ifs". FA signings are just that and do not necessarily equate to performance. So while signings have been made by teams that does not mean that they will be fruitful. With all what "ifs" equal the Bengals have made dramatic improvement to their interior offensive line which was the major weakness.

They did this without losses at other positions or position groups so no they have not fallen behind in what "ifs".

(03-20-2022, 01:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rather people are ready to realize it or not, we've lost more than we've gained. We've downgraded from CJ if only the locker room presence (and it's a tough sell to say we've upgraded), lost Spain, lost larry O, lost Reiff, haven't upgraded one of the worst pass defenses, in a conference that has upgraded it's pass catchers and qb's.... We've strengthened Center and RG and people will hang their hats on that to claim we haven't fallen behind, but other spots have taken hits.

Losing Spain was part of upgrading the interior of the offensive line. Larry O is what you are considering a loss? He couldn't pass his physical for Chicago and in the meantime we re-signed Hill who is a year younger and was instrumental down the stretch for less money than Larry got from Chicago. 

RT was not the weak link of the O line it was the interior. That has been significantly upgraded. We got a more athletic and field stretching TE in Hurst for less than CJ got. The hard sell seems to be your pessimism.

(03-20-2022, 12:14 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Thank you.  Still, one would think a top 5-10 lineman who is fairly affordable would be getting more attention.  Are teams worried about his hip?  His character? 

Understand as well that Frank Pollack has intimate insight into Collins as a player.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Essex Johnson - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 03:20 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Understand as well that Frank Pollack has intimate insight into Collins as a player.

Funny he had him best yr after Pollack left..

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - KillerGoose - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 03:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Losing Spain was part of upgrading the interior of the offensive line. 

??? What? Spain played very well last season. Losing him is definitely not an upgrade. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Clark W Griswold - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 03:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: ??? What? Spain played very well last season. Losing him is definitely not an upgrade. 

He was one of the better players on a bad O line but that last play of the season is what a lot of us remember. It was against Donald and isn’t fair to judge a whole season by that but man that is still fresh in my mind that he did not even slow him down with the SB on the line. Just a bad last memory if him is why I don’t care if they bring him back.
I also think they will give Carman every opportunity in the world to win that starting spot.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 03:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Losing Spain was part of upgrading the interior of the offensive line. Larry O is what you are considering a loss? He couldn't pass his physical for Chicago and in the meantime we re-signed Hill who is a year younger and was instrumental down the stretch for less money than Larry got from Chicago. 

RT was not the weak link of the O line it was the interior. That has been significantly upgraded. We got a more athletic and field stretching TE in Hurst for less than CJ got. The hard sell seems to be your pessimism.

Kappa is an upgrade over Spain, but Spain was still good, and far from the problem with the o-line.

Karras is a little better than Hopkins

So right now it’s only a slight upgrade of the o-line

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Essex Johnson - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 03:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: ??? What? Spain played very well last season. Losing him is definitely not an upgrade. 

He was ok overall not great, carman is the predicted future, is it worth paying spaintobe a backup

(03-20-2022, 03:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He was ok overall not great, carman is the predicted future, is it worth paying spaintobe a backup

In an ideal world, Spain signs with cincy for 1 year, Carman tries to battle it out with Spain

Spain would prob win, and Carman would start in 2023

Karras and Cappa both graded higher than Spain last season. Sounds like an upgrade to me. I would have had no problem bringing Spain back on a team friendly deal to compete for a spot but I am not hurt by the loss.

(03-20-2022, 03:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Kappa is an upgrade over Spain, but Spain was still good, and far from the problem with the o-line.

Karras is a little better than Hopkins

So right now it’s only a slight upgrade of the o-line

Hopkins graded at a 51.4 the upgrade to Karras is more than slight. What would be even better would be to sign J.C. Tretter to play center and let Karra play LG.

(03-20-2022, 03:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny he had him best yr after Pollack left..

Funny it could have been due to the coaching he had previously received under Pollack unless your suggestion is that Alexander is a superior line coach than is Pollack. Please tell me that is not what you are attempting to allude to.

(03-20-2022, 04:24 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Hopkins graded at a 51.4 the upgrade to Karras is more than slight. What would be even better would be to sign J.C. Tretter to play center and let Karra play LG.

Not gonna happen unless they give Tretter a 1 year deal. They invested a 2nd rounder into Carman, they’re not gonna have him ride the bench the whole time here

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jj22 - 03-20-2022

I considered Cappa and Karras as replacements for Hopkins and Adeniji. Maybe there is a disconnect in what I said about Spain (LG being a question now) because people still consider Karras a replacement at LG? Or is the argument Carman is an upgrade over Spain as a projected started at LG? Trying to give arguments a fair understanding.

For the record I don't mean Spain is a loss himself (I hoped for an upgrade signed) but the position I believe is worse off now then it was at the end of the season.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - KillerGoose - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 04:21 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Karras and Cappa both graded higher than Spain last season. Sounds like an upgrade to me. I would have had no problem bringing Spain back on a team friendly deal to compete for a spot but I am not hurt by the loss.

Neither one of those guys are replacing Spain. Right now, Carman is probably filling for Spain.

(03-20-2022, 04:40 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Neither one of those guys are replacing Spain. Right now, Carman is probably filling for Spain.

So LG just got downgraded (until proven otherwise)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - PlayadLc - 03-20-2022

Carman will get the nod at G. I think he’ll be the most improved player on the team this season.

Man, if we could just get Collins I think we will be set.