Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2020 Election (/Thread-2020-Election)

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, some call the supporters. others call them a cult. 

The fact that you must say doesn't "always" mean should be enough for you and others to condemn the remarks, but I'm guessing it wont'

The term cult in itself isn't inherently negative, but I'd say that Trump has a cult following for sure.  When a man gleefully claims he could shoot a man on 5th avenue and still have support he himself is bragging about the cult-like mentality of his followers.  I'm just calling them as I see them.

I'm not going to act like I don't get wrapped up in stuff, I just never got into the love/hate cycle of the two-party system is all.  I'm clearly the type to get obsessed about stuff, just not that.

But yea, all talking points and hot air aside, Trump speaks to them like they're a supplicant cult and that's the way he likes it and that's the way his followers like it. Sure, there are casual Trump fans, but that woman in the USA onsie ain't one of 'em.

Oh and there are other reasons the most fervent Trump supporters cross into cult territory. Fine by me, I'm free to join cults, too. That's America for ya.

RE: 2020 Election - bfine32 - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 10:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The term cult in itself isn't inherently negative, but I'd say that Trump has a cult following for sure.  When a man gleefully claims he could shoot a man on 5th avenue and still have support he himself is bragging about the cult-like mentality of his followers.  I'm just calling them as I see them.

I'm not going to act like I don't get wrapped up in stuff, I just never got into the love/hate cycle of the two-party system is all.  I'm clearly the type to get obsessed about stuff, just not that.

But yea, all talking points and hot air aside, Trump speaks to them like they're a supplicant cult and that's the way he likes it and that's the way his followers like it.  Sure, there are casual Trump fans, but that woman in the USA onsie ain't one of 'em.

Oh and there are other reasons the most fervent Trump supporters cross into cult territory.  Fine by me, I'm free to join cults, too.  That's America for ya.

Meh, I guess we'll just disagree if you don't think term cult was used to indicate a negative in this instance. 

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 10:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I guess we'll just disagree if you don't think term cult was used to indicate a negative in this instance. 

Each person is free to think the Trump cult is the one true path or should qualify for the DSM-V or anywhere in between as he/she chooses.  I see people base their reality upon the truth Trump gives them, so I'd call it a cult.  Whether those people are dragging my obstinate ass towards prosperity, leading us down a path of ruin, or just making politics more absurd and not much else is what is up for debate.

And debate it we do.

RE: 2020 Election - PhilHos - 11-02-2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8905253/Election-2020-Joe-Biden-suffers-senior-moments-Michigan-rally.html
Quote:'Sleepy' Joe Biden was caught napping twice during a rally in Michigan on Saturday, missing his cue to appear on stage and then forgetting his mask as he walked off it.

The 77-year-old was speaking at a rally in Flint alongside Barack Obama when he suffered the 'senior moments', just the latest in a series of gaffes that have dogged his presidential run and raised questions over his mental capacity.

The first came as Obama had just finished warming up for his old Vice President, and tried to welcome him to the stage by shouting: 'My friend, the next President of the United State of America, Joe Biden!'

But Biden was nowhere to be seen, prompting Obama to shout for him again.

Several more awkward seconds passed, as Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder - who performed at a different Biden rally that day - began playing over the loudspeakers.

Eventually Biden emerged, jogging over to the stage from a nearby school building as Obama tried to get the crowd - who were confined to their cars as a Covid precaution - fired up, shouting: 'Honk if you're ready!'

During the rally itself, Biden also appeared to stumble over the word 'healthcare' while lining up a shot at the newest member of the Supreme Court - a Trump nominee - Amy Coney Barrett.

'Donald Trump thinks health care is a privilege, Barack and I think it's a right to have badakathcare,' he said.

He fumbled again at the end of the rally, as Obama returned to the stage wearing a facemask and the two waved to the crowd before going off together.

Biden - who was wearing a mask as he emerged before removing to speak - appeared to forget he hadn't put it back on as he departed.

Obama stopped him at the top of the stage steps and said a few words to him, after which he jogged back to the podium in search of the face covering.

After about 20 second of fumbling, Biden eventually found the face covering - which was in his pocket, not on the podium - and put it back in place.

There was then further confusion as he picked his microphone back up from the podium where he had left it, and seemed to try and talk into it.

It appeared the microphone had been disconnected, because Biden quickly placed it back down without saying anything and followed Obama off stage.

The frequent slip-ups, which began during the presidential primaries and have continued throughout Biden's main run, have raised doubts about his fitness for office, and Republicans have hammered him over it.

On Sunday, Biden slipped up at a rally in Philadelphia - touting his links to the state by boasting 'I married a Philly girl' before pointing to his jacket.

'By the way, I've got my Eagles jacket on,' he said, pointing to the logo on his windbreaker.

In fact, the symbol was not the Philadelphia Eagles' logo but that of his alma mater, the Delaware Blue Hens.

Among those highlighting the mix-up was Zach Parkinson, the deputy director of communications for President Donald Trump's campaign.

He wrote on Twitter: 'This 'Eagles' jacket Biden claims he's wearing to try and show how much he's in touch with Pennsylvania? It's a Delaware Blue Hens jacket.'

During his speech Biden pleaded with voters to turn out at the polls on Tuesday as he aims to shore up support in Pennsylvania, which has emerged as one of the most hotly-contested battleground states in the final days before the election.

'We're at an inflection point. So we have to vote like we never did before. There's too much on the line to sit it out,' he said.

'We only have two more days. Two more days we can put an end to this presidency that as has from the very beginning sought to divide us, to tear us apart.'

Last week, Biden was addressing a virtual concert when he appeared to forget who he was running against, telling viewers 'we need to stop four more years of George.'

Wife Jill, who was sitting next to her husband, appeared to mutter Trump under her breath in an attempt to correct him.

Hours later President Trump tweeted: 'Joe Biden called me George yesterday. Couldn't remember my name.

'Got some help from the anchor to get him through the interview. The Fake News Cartel is working overtime to cover it up!'

But Democrats insisted that he was actually saying the name of George Lopez, host of the rally whose questions he was answering.

On social media, people backing Trump were dismayed.

'Watch his wife saying Trump under her breath 3 times,' said one.

Another remarked: 'The look on Jill's face was like 'come on Joe, get the train back on the tracks...''

Biden and Jill appeared during the star-studded 'I Will Vote Concert' which was headlined by A$AP Ferg, Sara Bareilles, Aloe Blacc, the Black Eyed Peas, Jon Bon Jovi and Cher.

It garnered around 12,000 views and was live-streamed on YouTube.

It comes just two days after the former Vice President said during a campaign video: 'We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.'

This too was seized upon by the Trump campaign, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany who tweeted: 'BIDEN ADMITS TO VOTER FRAUD!'

Biden has also attempted to laugh off Trump's attacks on his mental agility, telling 60 Minutes: 'The same guy who thought that the 911 attack was a 7-Eleven attack?

'He's talking about dementia?

'All I can say to the American people is watch me, is see what I've done, is see what I'm going to do. Look at me. Compare our physical and mental acuity.

'I'm happy to have that comparison.'

Monday marks the final full day of campaigning for Trump and Biden, with each hoping to tip the race in their favor in the closing stages.

More than 93 million people have already voted - two third of the 2016 total - and each campaign insists it has a pathway to victory.

Mr Trump is banking on a surge of enthusiasm from his most loyal supporters in the swing states, allowing him to eke out an electoral college win without winning the popular vote.

Heading into the closing 24 hours, Mr Trump and Mr Biden each painted the other as unfit for office and described the next four years in near apocalyptic terms if the other were to win.

The incumbent president told a rally in Iowa: 'The Biden plan will turn America into a prison state locking you down while letting the far-left rioters roam free to loot and burn.'

Mr Biden said America was on the verge of putting 'an end to a presidency that's fanned the flames of hate'.

Speaking in Philadelphia, the biggest city in a state that could decide the presidency, he said: 'When America is heard, I believe the message is going to be clear: It's time for Donald Trump to pack his bags and go home.

'We're done with the chaos, the tweets, the anger, the hate.'

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 11-02-2020

Since we are back to the dementia angle I'm going to assume Hunter's laptop came up bust.

RE: 2020 Election - bfine32 - 11-02-2020

[Image: 4kocf1.jpg]

(11-02-2020, 04:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 4kocf1.jpg]

Well, at least he wasn't wearing a NY Giants jacket or something.

(11-02-2020, 04:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, at least he wasn't wearing a NY Giants jacket or something.

I do give him credit for realizing he was wearing a jacket.

RE: 2020 Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-02-2020

(11-02-2020, 04:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8905253/Election-2020-Joe-Biden-suffers-senior-moments-Michigan-rally.html

Jogged over. At least he didn’t need a general to hold his hand walking down a wheelchair access ramp at West Point like it was an Army obstacle course.

RE: 2020 Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-02-2020

(11-02-2020, 05:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do give him credit for realizing he was wearing a jacket.

And he wasn’t tucking it like Rudy.

(11-02-2020, 05:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do give him credit for realizing he was wearing a jacket.

Here is some whaddabootism for ya...if Trump can be a law-and-order Christian that chicken logo can be an eagle!

RE: 2020 Election - Au165 - 11-02-2020

GOP's attempt at voter suppression (Tossing 100k votes in Harris County) in Texas was just thrown out, after already being tossed once by Texas's all conservative Supreme Court. The Republican strategy of preemptive strikes in the court haven't gone great so far but plenty more to follow.

RE: 2020 Election - Big Boss - 11-02-2020

(11-02-2020, 05:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: GOP's attempt at voter suppression (Tossing 100k votes in Harris County) in Texas was just thrown out, after already being tossed once by Texas's all conservative Supreme Court. The Republican strategy of preemptive strikes in the court haven't gone great so far but plenty more to follow.

Texas thing ain't over yet.  They'll take it to 5th Circuit.

Can't win on platforms and policies anymore.  Nope, all about voter suppression and disenfranchisement.

RE: 2020 Election - PhilHos - 11-02-2020

(11-02-2020, 06:42 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Texas thing ain't over yet.  They'll take it to 5th Circuit.

Can't win on platforms and policies anymore.  Nope, all about voter suppression and disenfranchisement.

Nope. GOP just trying to stop massive voter fraud perpetuated by the Democrats. 

Rolleyes 

(11-02-2020, 06:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Nope. GOP just trying to stop massive voter fraud perpetuated by the Democrats. 

Rolleyes 

I'm going to give this mindset a whirl the next time someone tells me it's a waste to vote 3rd party.  Actually, 65 million people voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 but democrats and republicans both changed 60 million of those votes to their respective sides.  Sad, really.

(11-02-2020, 06:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Nope. GOP just trying to stop massive voter fraud perpetuated by the Democrats. 

Rolleyes 

The fraud they've been unable to prove.  

RE: 2020 Election - Au165 - 11-02-2020

Rolleyes 

Actually that wasn’t the claim at all. They made the claim that the voting, which had been approved by the state board of elections was too close to curbside voting and therefor not legal. That was rejected by both the Supreme Court and the federal court, but what makes it worse is they were asking for the votes to be simply thrown out which in Texas there is a distinct difference between procedural issues and voting issues. This was by all parties considered procedural and would have simply been a reprimanding but the votes would be allowed. Even this judge who is considered one of the most conservative in the country said had they had standing to being the suit he’d still have allowed them.

Long story short the GOP went after a remedy that wasn’t, for good reason, even an option in an attempt to suppress the votes in an area they expect to lose. Anyone who actually likes the idea of democracy should be appalled that they are literally trying to throw out peoples votes on procedural errors, that weren’t an error by the way. To make it worse this procedure was known for months and they intentionally tried to file right before the election to make it so the voters wouldn’t have had time to re cast their ballots.

This is suppression there is no other way to spin it. Back to the Fraud claim, Trump’s own FBI director said there is no credible evidence of wide spread voter fraud either in person or by mail in September. Numerous studies have also proved this, saying anything to the contrary at this point is an obvious and intentional lie.

[Image: ElbEj-tXgAAmrTV?format=png&name=small]

[Image: ElbEkduXYAEsRnc?format=png&name=small]

RE: 2020 Election - BigPapaKain - 11-02-2020

(10-30-2020, 10:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I guess we'll just disagree if you don't think term cult was used to indicate a negative in this instance. 

Cult members will defend cult members.

(11-02-2020, 09:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Cult members will defend cult members.

No doubt and the Liberal quickly devolves into insults, because, it's what they do. Not a cult or anything, just a group of people unified by a mantra.