Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA (/Thread-Alt-right-rallies-in-Charlottesville-VA)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Belsnickel - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 07:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: The POTUS finally said something right.

Sadly someone had to write it down for him read.

Unfortunately, his inability to condemn the Nazi element in his base has caused them to see it as support for their work. They say as much in their publications. Between that and efforts to remove right-wing extremist groups from the government's anti-extremism efforts, he is giving them license to do this.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - GMDino - 08-12-2017

[Image: 20729648_1966831449994490_24830200581573...e=5A286BD0]

As would others....  Whatever

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Millhouse - 08-12-2017

Of all the times Trump is willing to call a 'spade a spade' so to speak, he simply blamed "many sides".  Not once did he mention neo-nazis or white supremacists. And we know 10000% if it was an Islamic terrorist, he would be going apeshit over it on twitter saying that.

Senator Hatch (Rep) of Utah had a great tweet, which was indirectly slamming Trump's remarks.

Senator Hatch Office ✔ @senorrinhatch
We should call evil by its name. My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home. -OGH

(08-12-2017, 08:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Of all the times Trump is willing to call a 'spade a spade' so to speak, he simply blamed "many sides".  Not once did he mention neo-nazis or white supremacists. And we know 10000% if it was an Islamic terrorist, he would be going apeshit over it on twitter saying that.

Senator Hatch (Rep) of Utah had a great tweet, which was indirectly slamming Trump's remarks.

Senator Hatch Office ✔ @senorrinhatch
We should call evil by its name. My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home. -OGH

Tim Scott, Marco Rubio, Mike Huckster, John McCain, the list goes on and on of Republican officials that have condemned the white nationalists responsible for today's situation. The White House refuses to do so.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - StLucieBengal - 08-12-2017

The amount of virtue signaling in this thread is simply amazing.

WaPo article with details on collision: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fights-in-advance-of-saturday-protest-in-charlottesville/2017/08/12/155fb636-7f13-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?tid=ss_tw-amp&utm_term=.d699e020443d

(08-12-2017, 09:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The amount of virtue signaling in this thread is simply amazing.

If you are referring to the mentions on GOP officials, I would agree. Though, it should be easy to take a stance against racist Nazis.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - StLucieBengal - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you are referring to the mentions on GOP officials, I would agree. Though, it should be easy to take a stance against racist Nazis.

How about just taking a stance against people who commit crimes?

Or is the desire to affiliate trump with nazi and white Supremecists too juicy? Even though he has distanced himself since the beginning of the campaign.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Nebuchadnezzar - 08-12-2017

Just heard that the guy who drove into a crowd of people will be charged with Second Degree Murder among other charges.

This isn't an overcharge in my opinion and prosecutors should be able to convict. The guy got riled up and intentionally ran over people. 

Now, I understand that the defense will try to say he was temporarily insane, but it will not fly this time around. 

The guy got riled up
Went to his car
Started his car
Put it in drive
Drove a good distance to get to the street
Drove down the street
Sped up when he saw who he wanted to hit
Then after, he was of sound mind to try and get away.

He had plenty of time to think about what he was doing and change his mind. This guy is going to prison for a long time.

Throw him in prison and throw away the key.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Synric - 08-12-2017

A protest to protect a piece of history turns to crap...

(08-12-2017, 10:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How about just taking a stance against people who commit crimes?

Or is the desire to affiliate trump with nazi and white Supremecists too juicy? Even though he has distanced himself since the beginning of the campaign.

He has them in his administration, he only disavows them when pressured and in ambiguous terms. There have been policy decisions made by the administration giving right-wing extremists more freedom. They see this as him supporting their efforts. Unless Trump and his administration call it out for what it is, leaving no room for doubt, he fuels their efforts. What happened today was a result of a racist movement and resulted in an act of domestic terrorism. Trump refuses to call it as much.

He has been harsher in his condemnation of Nordstrom for not carrying Ivanka's products than he has been of members of the alt-right causing this situation and one of them killing another human being and injuring 19 more. If he wants to distance himself from them, that needs to change.

(08-12-2017, 10:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How about just taking a stance against people who commit crimes?

Or is the desire to affiliate trump with nazi and white Supremecists too juicy?    Even though he has distanced himself since the beginning of the campaign.

Like saying driving cars into crowds is a "Muslim thing"?

Like that?

Mellow

(08-12-2017, 10:47 PM)Synric Wrote: A protest to protect a piece of history turns to crap...

This wasn't even about that. They used it as an excuse to instigate. The alt-right protesters didn't care about the issues in the city, they were there to incite. The local community suffers for it because outsiders from the right come in, then they bring outsiders from the left, and they continue a battle that has been going on all over and just use this as their latest battlefield. Laying waste to a community.

(08-12-2017, 10:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like saying driving cars into crowds is a "Muslim thing"?

Like that?

Mellow

Indeed. "Why can't we just condemn criminals [but only when they happen to look like me and belong to the same ideological groups as me]?"

Such bullshit.

(08-12-2017, 10:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Indeed. "Why can't we just condemn criminals [but only when they happen to look like me and belong to the same ideological groups as me]?"

Such bullshit.

Yep.

People call for Muslims to denounce radical Islamic terrorism, and they do, even though they often have nothing to do with the perpetrators other than a faith system that is connected. It is asked if them every time there is a new attack by radical Islamic terrorists, and it doesn't even have to be asked for, they just do it. Why is it wrong to ask for Trump, who these alt-right dickweeds believe supports their actions, to denounce them when they do things like this?

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - jason - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 10:47 PM)Synric Wrote: A protest to protect a piece of history turns to crap...

It's starting to feel less and less about a statue. Seemed like an excuse to fight.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - BmorePat87 - 08-12-2017

the betas at 4chan tried so desperately to pin the murder on liberals, they started attacking some random kid on the internet he had to reply "I own a chevy not a dodge. I hate the internet".

Glad to see some Republicans calling out these Nazi losers. Proud of MD's governor doing so too. Too bad Trump won't.

https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/896492127911149568

I can't seem to embed tweets from my iPad. If I could I would show you all a picture of 4-5 white supremacists beating a black guy in a parking garage with poles while he is on the ground shielding himself, or attempting to.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - BmorePat87 - 08-12-2017

from one of the clown rallies a few weeks ago in Charlottesville

[Image: 791023_IgPVrcnp.jpg]