Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Will we see players kneel? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Will we see players kneel? (/Thread-Will-we-see-players-kneel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - McC - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Really... After all this time of being a fan of a team under a cheap incompetent owner, this will be what stops someone from being a Bengals fan? I dont get it.

The phrase straw that broke the camel's back comes to mind.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Pat5775 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Really... After all this time of being a fan of a team under a cheap incompetent owner, this will be what stops someone from being a Bengals fan? I dont get it.

Some people have thinner skin than most  Ninja

RE: Will we see players kneel? - TKUHL - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: They just need to stop playing the Anthem before games period. We are the only country that does this before domestic national games. Save it for the Olympics. Most countries think it's weird to even display a *** on your porch when it's not a national holiday. This country is being stripped of its history anyway. Just stop playin it, and just play the damn game.

Oops meant to say Display A Flag. I was curious why they bleeped it out. Forgot the L, damn that's a whole other thread.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - rfaulk34 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:10 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: See above....it is about the flag no matter how much people try to distinguish the two. They are disrespecting the flag for publicity, make no mistakes about it. Otherwise they would find a different less offensive way of protesting 

That's your opinion and i fully disagree with it. And i'm happy to agree to disagree. :)

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Sweetness - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: They just need to stop playing the Anthem before games period. We are the only country that does this before domestic national games. Save it for the Olympics. Most countries think it's weird to even display a *** on your porch when it's not a national holiday. This country is being stripped of its history anyway. Just stop playin it, and just play the damn game.

How many other countries regularly play major sports among their own country? Obviously soccer isn't going to because they're all from different countries. Pretty much everyone in the NFL is an American playing against other Americans in America. 

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - McC - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Some people have thinner skin than most  Ninja

Ah, yes, the ol' I support your right to free speech if you agree with me trick.  If you don't, there is something wrong with you.  This is where this whole dog and pony show has taken us.  Turn to the fissure into a canyon.

What they are really protesting is common sense.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Bengalholic - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 01:41 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Way to  miss the point dude.

It's not hypocritical because, by your own admission, there's a difference between a illegal activity and a legal one. It's not the same thing, so why would it be hypocritical?

Watching this joke of an organization; hoping for the best only to get burned time and time again; that's one thing. Because despite that, there's one thing Bengals football has been for everyone here--an escape.

It's another to get burned year in and year out, and then to see the athletes doing it using our escape as a platform for identity politics.

Why weren't you "done" after the Bengals drafted Mixon, the playoff meltdown, the 2013 loss to San Diego, etc? Well, certain people have certain breaking points. Some have a higher tolerance for BS than others.

My only real point was to say that after everything else I"ve put up with as a fan for 30+ years, that this nonsense today won't make me walk away. So, I'm not sure what I missed. 

Everyone else is free to do whatever they want, whether I agree or disagree with it...fans and players alike.  :andy:

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Millhouse - 09-24-2017

To those that seem to support Trump on calling NFL players that kneeled "sons of bitches" in his speech to his supporters, he is not getting support from Rex Ryan. Ryan was a Trumper, and even introduced him at a Buffalo rally last year. The clip below is from this morning in which I completely agree with Rex on. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20801986

RE: Will we see players kneel? - samhain - 09-24-2017

From now on in this country, everyone must totally agree with me politically for me to give them business. No more business for Trumpsters ever from me and vice versa for the other side. Enjoyment, quality of product shouldn't matter, nor should craftsmanship. All that matters is who they support politically.

Sounds like a super cool way to participate in an economy/society. Everyone involved in everything must agree with me or I'll cry and tell everyone how I'm taking my business elsewhere. I'll put my own judgement on hold and let the president tell me who I should support and how I should feel about stuff. LOL. Hilarious.

Who is it that needs the safe spaces to avoid triggering now? Get out if you want. Nobody cares.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Synric - 09-24-2017

Truth...

When I'm at home when they play the anthem that's my queue to go piss and get a beer....maybe a snack.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Shake n Blake - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: My only real point was to say that after everything else I"ve put up with as a fan for 30+ years, that this nonsense today won't make me walk away. So, I'm not sure what I missed. 

Everyone else is free to do whatever they want, whether I agree or disagree with it...fans and players alike.  :andy:

Why are we back in PnR? I thought we agreed to avoid that place?

Ninja

I just hope the Bengals protest against scoring TD's ends today.  

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 01:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There would not be one NFL fan if all of us used the criteria of any criminal activity of any player on any team meant no support for a team

But, you will be pleased to know I will still be here, I just won't be watching in a club seat with friends.   Smirk

Sure....you're correct there.  Every team has its bad apples. I just find it funny that issues such as players not standing up for a song are what put people over the edge. 

I didn't renew my season tickets this season, and I will not be buying my yearly jersey either.  Part of this is due to my waning interest in a team that always ***** me.  The other part is that I no longer want to financially support a team that employs people like Pacman Jones.  I have been bitching about it for years, and I finally decided to put my money where my mouth was.  So I completely understand getting frustrated enough to no longer support them monetarily due to non-football reasons.  I just think that of all the reaons to do so, it is the act of peaceful protest that is getting people to do so, as opposed to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc0Pg2ugSzM

It speaks of a weakened sense of morality, in my opinion.

(09-24-2017, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why are we back in PnR? I thought we agreed to avoid that place?

Ninja

Right?! LOL

RE: Will we see players kneel? - BonnieBengal - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:02 PM)pally Wrote: Which is more important of a symbol....the flag and anthem or the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? Because that is essentially what this whole issue comes down too. Do you protect the player's 1st amendment rights to protest or do you force standing for the anthem/flag?

Sure they have a right to kneel. But you ignore the other side of it. I have a right to not support it. We're all exercizing our rights here.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Truth...

When I'm at home when they play the anthem that's my queue to go piss and get a beer....maybe a snack.

Yup.  And it was always like this for pretty much everyone...until recently. Now, some of my friends take it as a moment to feign patriotism.  

(09-24-2017, 02:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Sure....you're correct there.  Every team has its bad apples. I just find it funny that issues such as players not standing up for a song are what put people over the edge. 

I didn't renew my season tickets this season, and I will not be buying my yearly jersey either.  Part of this is due to my waning interest in a team that always ***** me.  The other part is that I no longer want to financially support a team that employs people like Pacman Jones.  I have been bitching about it for years, and I finally decided to put my money where my mouth was.  So I completely understand getting frustrated enough to no longer support them monetarily due to non-football reasons.  I just think that of all the reaons to do so, it is the act of peaceful protest that is getting people to do so, as opposed to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc0Pg2ugSzM

It speaks of a weakened sense of morality, in my opinion.

Johnny, you see things through a different lens than myself - so I don't expect you to understand - but to some, the Anthem was a once sacred tradition. One of few moments where people forgot their differences, set aside their own personal worries and appreciated the freedoms we're afforded. It was one of few things that unified us. 

To people like myself, we not only view intentionally disrespecting that moment as disgraceful, we also feel it's a divisive action. I'd feel better about their movement if they (1) came armed with stats/facts, (2) were willing to work with police rather than demonizing them, (3) weren't led by a guy that didn't vote, rocks piggy socks and Castro shirts while comparing NFL owners to slave masters and (4) didn't opt to protest in a disrespectful and divisive manner.

Notice that Lebron, Wade and Carmelo brought attention to their cause during the ESPY awards before Kaep was even a thing. There was no backlash for that, because they weren't being morons about it. I may think their cause is a little more complex than they're letting on, but I respected the way they did it. 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - leonardfan40 - 09-24-2017

Here's a tweet about the AFCN's protests

AFC North:

Steelers skipping the national anthem.

Ravens skipping London.

Bengals skipping the season.

Browns skipping the decade.

(09-24-2017, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Right?! LOL

Maybe we should try going back to PnR?

Wouldn't it trip you out if it was now all football threads?  Hilarious

RE: Will we see players kneel? - TheLeonardLeap - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe we should try going back to PnR?

Wouldn't it trip you out if it was now all football threads?  Hilarious

Case and point why this is all awful. We've chosen to separate politics and football on this board, yet we are now forced to have them together if we want to watch the game. Can't just choose not to go to P&R if you don't want it.