Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Marvin calls out Ross - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Marvin calls out Ross (/Thread-Marvin-calls-out-Ross)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - PhilHos - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So it's not to there credit they've dropped only 2 passes all year?

What if I could show you something that would completely destroy the notion that it's the WRs fault they don't get thrown to because they cannot create separation?

I was being semi-facetious. I meant to add  Tongue after my post to demonstrate such.

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - sandwedge - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, most likely scheme, I prefer a punt over a turnover.

But we do know WRs do not get credit for lack of drops

Oh I believe it is scheme.  I remember young Andy getting scolded for forcing things. Hue drilled into him to just toss it away if it wasn't open. Now on 4th down with the game in the balance is another story. 
The key to having a good scheme is winning on 1st down. We have to many 3rd and long and we always end up throwing 2 yards short of the 1st down...

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - rfaulk34 - 11-16-2017

(11-15-2017, 10:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif]

Clean house.

Why is that gif going backwards?

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - wolfkaosaun - 11-16-2017

I find it ironic that Marvin brought up the fact that his other receivers can't separate (which was a problem last year).

Meanwhile, he sits a guy who literally holds the fastest 40 yard time, amazing in and out of breaks, and adds a piece we've never had before on offense.

Also, Marvin called Ross out on one play where it even looks like he's held. Players don't learn by you taking them out. We're a losing team.

Marvin has ruined this team and is ruining a 1st rounder's confidence before he hits the road.

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - Shake n Blake - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why is that gif going backwards?

Because this TEAM is going backwards, Rfaulk. All the way back...............to the nineties!

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - Bengalbug - 11-17-2017

Delanie Walker drops a sure fire touchdown, so they throw him a screen the very next play to get the ball in his hands. Then mike malarkey can be seen talking to walker on the sideline, they didn't have to wait till Tuesday.

Walker let his team down. Yet his coach knows they need him if they want a chance to win. I get he is a veteran, but still.

Annoying how stubborn and arrogant giggles is.

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - bengalsturntup5532 - 11-17-2017

(11-17-2017, 01:05 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Delanie Walker drops a sure fire touchdown, so they throw him a screen the very next play to get the ball in his hands. Then mike malarkey can be seen talking to walker on the sideline, they didn't have to wait till Tuesday.

Walker let his team down. Yet his coach knows they need him if they want a chance to win.  I get he is a veteran, but still.  

What a concept. I don't even remember Marvin talking to anybody except Vontaze sometimes. He just stands there mouth breathing and clapping.

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - TheLeonardLeap - 11-17-2017

(11-17-2017, 01:05 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Delanie Walker drops a sure fire touchdown, so they throw him a screen the very next play to get the ball in his hands. Then mike malarkey can be seen talking to walker on the sideline, they didn't have to wait till Tuesday.

Walker let his team down. Yet his coach knows they need him if they want a chance to win.  I get he is a veteran, but still.  

It's less about him being a veteran, and more about him simply being good at football. Dude's been a Pro Bowler each of the last two years with a combined 159 catches/1,888 yards/13 TD in '15-'16. For those counting, that means he has more catches and yards the last two years than Tyler Eifert has in his 5 year career.

AJ Green had that awful Buffalo game (though if you just look at his gamelog, it seems like a good one) where he had his hands on three different turnovers. Did the Bengals stop throwing to him in that game? No.

Why? Because you can trust AJ Green to more often than not run the right route, be in the right place, and not be so tired from 2 plays that he is drained for 2 series (Ross' words). I blame Marvin for a LOT, and he comes off like a huge turd in this, but I am still convinced that the vast majority of the blame for Ross' lack of play should be squarely rested upon Ross. If you give up on routes, are loose with the ball, and not in shape, then what could you possibly be bringing to the team that requires you to get large amounts of playing time?

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - Circleville Guy - 11-17-2017

(11-16-2017, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All i know is Ross has never been lazy before. Doubt he is now.

Your thought on Marv and MB has me thinking.

Interesting stuff. Bet the next coach gets something out of John Ross.
Good to know that he's not lazy. Something more seems to be going on though.

(11-17-2017, 03:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's less about him being a veteran, and more about him simply being good at football. Dude's been a Pro Bowler each of the last two years with a combined 159 catches/1,888 yards/13 TD in '15-'16. For those counting, that means he has more catches and yards the last two years than Tyler Eifert has in his 5 year career.

AJ Green had that awful Buffalo game (though if you just look at his gamelog, it seems like a good one) where he had his hands on three different turnovers. Did the Bengals stop throwing to him in that game? No.

Why? Because you can trust AJ Green to more often than not run the right route, be in the right place, and not be so tired from 2 plays that he is drained for 2 series (Ross' words). I blame Marvin for a LOT, and he comes off like a huge turd in this, but I am still convinced that the vast majority of the blame for Ross' lack of play should be squarely rested upon Ross. If you give up on routes, are loose with the ball, and not in shape, then what could you possibly be bringing to the team that requires you to get large amounts of playing time?

I get what ross has said, but Marvin can't continue throwing people under the bus. How can he criticize ross this much yet have such a long leash for some of the OL. And if it's because PA and his relationship with mike brown then Marvin would gain a lot of respect to call that out. He might get fired but that would prove how well he has done under the worst circumstance. He would go from being considered a coach who can't win, to a coach who wins when winning isn't possible. With the amount of HC vacancies he would be sure to get a job.

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - Nately120 - 11-17-2017

(11-17-2017, 09:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I get what ross has said, but Marvin can't continue throwing people under the bus.  How can he criticize ross this much yet have such a long leash for some of the OL.    And if it's because PA and his relationship with mike brown then Marvin would gain a lot of respect to call that out.  He might get fired but that would prove how well he has done under the worst circumstance.  He would go from being considered a coach who can't win, to a coach who wins when winning isn't possible.  With the amount of HC vacancies he would be sure to get a job.

I hear ya, but I'd wager it's easier for Marvin to criticize an under-performing rookie than it is to criticize an o-line that is awful because the owner and his incompetent buddy who has been here for 24 years don't give a damn.  

(11-17-2017, 10:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but I'd wager it's easier for Marvin to criticize an under-performing rookie than it is to criticize an o-line that is awful because the owner and his incompetent buddy who has been here for 24 years don't give a damn.  

We don't even know if ross is underperforming though. He was able to play multiple snaps in our 4th preseason game.

Ross has to be an upgrade over lafell, Malone as far as being able to make something out of nothing. Give him some freaking jet sweeps if you don't trust his route running. He makes a difference just being on the field.

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - BengalChris - 11-17-2017

(11-15-2017, 04:29 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It's 100% clear now that he didn't want Ross at that pick and wanted to trade out of it.

I didn't want Ross either. I was shocked that on draft day it was floated that we might be looking at him.

But if Ross really wanted to he could have have come in and beat out a guy like LaFell, but he couldn't and didn't do it in practice either. That's on Ross.

The pick has Mike Brown written all over it.

(11-17-2017, 11:39 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I didn't want Ross either. I was shocked that on draft day it was floated that we might be looking at him.

But if Ross really wanted to he could have have come in and beat out a guy like LaFell, but he couldn't and didn't do it in practice either. That's on Ross.

The pick has Mike Brown written all over it.

Lol, so William Jackson is also to blame bc he is behind an Adam jones and dre Kirkpatrick? He should do more in practice, but he clearly can't:

It's funny how we pick on certain people around here. Truth is, we don't know what we have in john ross. He could very well suck and flame out, but Marvin isn't helping win the perpetual comments and no playing time.

At least let the kid play a full game before writing him off. I don't see titans fans or malarkey calling for Corey Davis head and he hasn't shown anything even getting double digit targets in a handful of games! Hell he fumbled at the goal line last week....

I doubt 1 other franchise would draft a player top 10 and have him play in about as many snaps as you have fingers through 5-6 healthy games.

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - PDub80 - 11-17-2017

Marvin throwing someone under the bus? NEVER

He's the most arrogant, fake humble, a-hole of a coach the Bengals have EVER had. I would have said the city of Cincinnati, but Pete Rose managed the Reds and he will always win that contest. Well, with the exception of being fake humble. Pete Rose doesn't pretend to be anything close to humble. Marvin has NEVER nor will EVER actually take actual responsibility for anything. You can hear it in his voice, see it in his mannerisms, and it is CLEARLY evident in the fact that he has refused to change or evolve, thrown coaches and now players under the bus, and continually get the same lackluster results when in charge for 15 years.

He's the smartest guy in the room... just ask him and he'll tell you with his giggling, condescending answers and tone. When he does lay blame at himself or his staff's feet in public it's just been for show. Obviously I don't know how he is in private outside of his work, but the fact that he continues - 15 years later - to have procedural penalties, guys who can't tackle, etc. etc. says to me that he stays whatever course he's been on for his entire career. If he took actual blame for the team's issues he could, oh, I don't know..... own them and fix them. By passing them off to others he's powerless and, thus, the same results year after year.

Ray Lewis 2.0 never walked through the Bengals door and Marvin's been exposed. He was a lucky beneficiary who happened to be on a team (Ravens) who went on the greatest run of defensive talent collection ever seen by the NFL. It makes sense that Marvin and Hue are best friends because they are cut from the same, arrogant, loser cloth.

I cannot believe he called out John Ross in public after protecting WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY... to the infinite ... worse players, play, and on/off field actions. I want to start a Marvin Lewis Community Fund to collect money to buy him a plane ticket the hell out of Cincinnati. I knew he was a loser ever since he blew a 28-7 lead at half time against the Chargers in 2006. NO good coach with THAT kind of talent around him would have that happen. Marvin Lewis disgusts me and his treatment of John Ross has only bolstered that position.

Undrafted Rookie Free-Agent Quan Cosby got as many targets and way more touches than Ross his rookie year. That is TOTALLY unacceptable and shows that Marvin didn't want him and is sending someone upstairs a message.

Quan Cosby's rookie year was 2009: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CosbQu00.htm

Marvin's pathetic.

Malarkey calls out Davis, yet lives with it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/17/corey-davis-still-trying-to-find-his-way/

Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota asked to be blamed for Thursday night’s loss to the Steelers because he threw four interceptions and he shouldn’t have a hard time finding people willing to take him up on that offer.

According to Titans coach Mike Mularkey, Mariota isn’t the only one deserving of it. Mularkey said after the 40-17 loss that Mariota “could have used some help” from his receivers and noted that was especially true of the young players. That group includes first-round pick Corey Davis, who could have fought harder for the ball on a couple of Mariota’s interceptions.

Hamstring injuries kept Davis from getting a full workload this summer and then knocked him out of the lineup from Week Three to Week Nine. That explains why the rookie feels like he’s “still trying to find my way” at this point in the season.

“I just think he needs some experience,” Mularkey said, via ESPN.com. “Most rookies have offseasons and training camps and preseason games, and all those to give them some experience. His is live fire. Live fire, Thursday Night Football for your fourth [full] game.”

It would obviously help the Titans offense if Davis were further ahead in the learning process, but the rough patches are only going to get smoothed out with experience and that’s going to mean some more growing pains before the year is out.

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-17-2017

(11-16-2017, 10:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I find it ironic that Marvin brought up the fact that his other receivers can't separate (which was a problem last year).

Meanwhile, he sits a guy who literally holds the fastest 40 yard time, amazing in and out of breaks, and adds a piece we've never had before on offense.

Also, Marvin called Ross out on one play where it even looks like he's held. Players don't learn by you taking them out. We're a losing team.

Marvin has ruined this team and is ruining a 1st rounder's confidence before he hits the road.

You know it Wolf.

There is no reason to not play Ross with our losing record to see what we have.

The only reason for Marv not to is that he didn't like the pick and is extremely stubborn.

Dude just needs experience and even though Ross is saying he needs to get in better shape he should have much more snaps than he has.

(11-17-2017, 09:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I get what ross has said, but Marvin can't continue throwing people under the bus.  How can he criticize ross this much yet have such a long leash for some of the OL.    And if it's because PA and his relationship with mike brown then Marvin would gain a lot of respect to call that out.  He might get fired but that would prove how well he has done under the worst circumstance.  He would go from being considered a coach who can't win, to a coach who wins when winning isn't possible.  With the amount of HC vacancies he would be sure to get a job.

Completely agree with both of these posts. :andy:

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - TheLeonardLeap - 11-17-2017

(11-17-2017, 12:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I doubt 1 other franchise would draft a player top 10 and have him play in about as many snaps as you have fingers through 5-6 healthy games.

You have 17 fingers?   Shocked Shocked Shocked
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Ninja

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-17-2017

(11-17-2017, 09:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You have 17 fingers?   Shocked Shocked Shocked
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Ninja

Weird alien buggers nowadays. Mellow

RE: Marvin calls out Ross - bengalfan74 - 11-18-2017

We're 3 -6 with the worst offense in the NFL, probably soon be 3 - 7. What is there to lose in putting the young man out there and letting him cut his rookie teeth ?

News Flash Marivn, rookies are going to make mistakes.