Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
trade rumor - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: trade rumor (/Thread-trade-rumor)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: trade rumor - RunKijanaRun - 10-24-2019

(10-24-2019, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is rich, coming from the stat cherry picking king of the board that uses Pro Bowls to support his arguments.

Also, see my post above. I just don’t think many teams trade for RB’s. Especially ones that are severely struggling.

FFS - please stop quoting that bozo. This forum needs a beefed-up ignore function. 

RE: trade rumor - fredtoast - 10-24-2019

(10-24-2019, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, see my post above. I just don’t think many teams trade for RB’s. Especially ones that are severely struggling.

No one was talking about how many teams trade for RBs.  The question you asked was "Why would a team want him".

Again you move the goalposts when things don't go your way.

RE: trade rumor - Nicomo Cosca - 10-24-2019

(10-24-2019, 11:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No one was talking about how many teams trade for RBs.  The question you asked was "Why would a team want him".

Again you move the goalposts when things don't go your way.

Well, if a team wants a player they do not have, does it not take a TRADE to get him?

JFC you’re the absolute worst.

(10-24-2019, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is rich, coming from the stat cherry picking king of the board that uses Pro Bowls to support his arguments.

Silly me for using stats and facts.

Guess I should do like some people here and just cut and paste "I say he sucks" in every thread to prove my point.

(10-24-2019, 11:21 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: FFS - please stop quoting that bozo. This forum needs a beefed-up ignore function. 

Then he thinks he won an argument. Which he seldom does. But I do apologize for subjecting you (and the multitude of others than keep him on ignore). I know he’s unbearable.

(10-24-2019, 11:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, if a team wants a player they do not have, does it not take a TRADE to get him?

Yes, and we were discussing WHY a trade might take place not the statistical probablity.

You claimed Tampa Bay would not trade Winston for dalton because Winstons numbers are better than dalton's this year.  I just pointed out that the numbers did not prove which player was better.  In order to do that i used joe mixon as an example.

You saw how silly it was to try and argue that Winston was a better QB than Dalton so instead you stated talking about how rare it is for RBs to get traded.  To try and avoid being proven wrong you moved the goalposts.

RE: trade rumor - Mike M (the other one) - 10-24-2019

(10-23-2019, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am shocked any team would offer that much when Green has not even been able to practice a full week let alone play in a game.

As much as I like Green as both a player and a person I would hope the Bengals would take an offer of a 1st and 3rd.

Hate agreeing with you LOL but if true. We would be fools not to pull that trigger.

Just look at some of these offers for lesser players, Think Sanu is worth a 2nd rounder?

Also makes no sense to me for GB to do that. Rodgers just tossed 5 TD's this past weekend and that's with out Davante Adams on the field, so they are pretty stocked at WR. Now if Adams is done for the season then maybe then they should consider it, but I think it's just click bait.

(10-24-2019, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, and we were discussing WHY a trade might take place not the statistical probablity.

You claimed Tampa Bay would not trade Winston for dalton because Winstons numbers are better than dalton's this year.  I just pointed out that the numbers did not prove which player was better.  In order to do that i used joe mixon as an example.

You saw how silly it was to try and argue that Winston was a better QB than Dalton so instead you stated talking about how rare it is for RBs to get traded.  To try and avoid being proven wrong you moved the goalposts.

This season Winston has been better than Dalton. That’s a fact.

Winston just had 4 games in a row with a PR over 100. I’m guessing outside of 2015 Dalton hasn’t done that many times.

RE: trade rumor - Dcity614 - 10-24-2019

Teams will try to come in and get Green especially after seeing how poor Dalton is without him. So some teams who really need a WR will gamble on Greens durability. Personally I hope he goes, every key cog in those playoff/Zim teams should be traded, I want to see those guys have success. We are not running the same defense or schemes so just let them go have more success somewhere else and get ZT's guy and the DCs guys in here. Don't hold the league and your own team back buy keeping pieces that do not fit or continue to throw new schemes and coaches at them. Nobody is stupid enough in Cincy to keep buying this ownerships bullshit they try to sell. If they cant get on board with how the league works now they should just sell the franchise.
Once again though all this seems to much sense so like I said in another thread, Dalton will probably play out his contract and Gio will be right there with him and this team will stay rock bottom for at least a few more months. Hopefully not years.

(10-24-2019, 11:21 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: FFS - please stop quoting that bozo. This forum needs a beefed-up ignore function. 

I don't think you understand the concept of "ignore" if you keep posting about me.

If you can't deal with opposing opinions you might want to stay away from message boards.

RE: trade rumor - THE PISTONS - 10-24-2019

THIS is funny. But, with Green injured and in the last year of his deal...probably more realistic than being offered a 1st and 3rd.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: trade rumor - Murdock2420 - 10-24-2019

So, I know this thread is no longer about this topic, it's a stat cherry picking, argument about who has the biggest e-peen on the board, but.... just curious if there is any news to show that this trade rumor is false or has some basis in truth?

RE: trade rumor - THE PISTONS - 10-24-2019

(10-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So, I know this thread is no longer about this topic, it's a stat cherry picking, argument about who has the biggest e-peen on the board, but.... just curious if there is any news to show that this trade rumor is false or has some basis in truth?

None either way.

RE: trade rumor - Murdock2420 - 10-24-2019

(10-24-2019, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: None either way.

Thank you.

The e-peen contest can now continue without further interruption.

(10-24-2019, 12:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: THIS is funny. But, with Green injured and in the last year of his deal...probably more realistic than being offered a 1st and 3rd.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But we’re not going to lose him for nothing. He’s made it perfectly clear he wants to re-sign here.

No way I trade him for a 3rd. I’d want at least a 1st if a season and a half of Sanu is worth a 2nd.

RE: trade rumor - michaelsean - 10-24-2019

I don't believe that offer is real, but if it were it's a no brainer.

RE: trade rumor - PhilHos - 10-24-2019

(10-24-2019, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This season Winston has been better than Dalton. That’s a fact.

Winston just had 4 games in a row with a PR over 100. I’m guessing outside of 2015 Dalton hasn’t done that many times.

He did it in 2016 as well. He's also had a PR over 100 3 games in a row in every season except 2011, 2018, and this year. Also, Winston just had 5 INTs thrown in a game. Dalton's never done that.

Yes, this season Winston has been better. But barely. Not that it matters at this point. Both guys are showing they aren't going to be starting QBs for much longer.

(10-24-2019, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This season Winston has been better than Dalton. That’s a fact.

It is as much of a fact as Dalton being better than Brady in 2013 because he had a higher passer rating.

What would you have done in 2013 if the Patriots had offered to trade Brady for Dalton?

RE: trade rumor - XenoMorph - 10-24-2019

(10-23-2019, 07:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this will upset some if true.  On 1410 am, radio, the show stated the Packers are offering the Bengals a 1st & 3rd for AJ Green.  
If true, a 1st & 3rd could really help the Bengals for the future.  The Word is that Mike Brown refuses to trade Green.  

I have not heard any rumors for Atkins or others.  

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/aj-green-wont-be-traded-unless-bengals-get-overthetop-obscene-offer-596191.html

we turned down 2 1st for Chad Johnson in the past....  Sooo id not be surprised if we want to keep our franchise player.

RE: trade rumor - psychdoctor - 10-24-2019

More speculation...but I doubt Mike Brown will do anything with any of these players...