Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade rumor
I know this will upset some if true. On 1410 am, radio, the show stated the Packers are offering the Bengals a 1st & 3rd for AJ Green.
If true, a 1st & 3rd could really help the Bengals for the future. The Word is that Mike Brown refuses to trade Green.

I have not heard any rumors for Atkins or others.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/aj-green-wont-be-traded-unless-bengals-get-overthetop-obscene-offer-596191.html
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am shocked any team would offer that much when Green has not even been able to practice a full week let alone play in a game.

As much as I like Green as both a player and a person I would hope the Bengals would take an offer of a 1st and 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this will upset some if true.  On 1410 am, radio, the show stated the Packers are offering the Bengals a 1st & 3rd for AJ Green.  
If true, a 1st & 3rd could really help the Bengals for the future.  The Word is that Mike Brown refuses to trade Green.  

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/aj-green-wont-be-traded-unless-bengals-get-overthetop-obscene-offer-596191.html

It wouldn't upset me at all.

1. I'd like to see AJ have a shot somewhere, he has none here.

2. MB doesn't do free agency so we need the draft picks.
Reply/Quote
If nothing else it makes a nice alliteration

A J Green Bay.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If nothing else it makes a nice alliteration

A J Green Bay.

Nice. If he's traded, his wife will call him Green Bae. LOL

Reply/Quote
Well...IF traded he could always re-sign here if they don't make him sign an extension.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nice. If he's traded, his wife will call him Green Bae. LOL

Rep
Reply/Quote
IF this rumor is true and the Bengals turn down a 1st and 3rd, it likely means they think they aren't rebuilding and are just Jonah and Green and a healthy Glenn away from being respectable.

aka In denial.
Reply/Quote
That'd be a dream come true.
Reply/Quote
I am not even sure this rumor has any legs.

Who is the source? Schefter or some 14 year old on the internet.
Reply/Quote
On that same broadcast the hosts were suggesting that they make that trade, then re-sign AJ in the off-season. Not a terrible idea.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I can't remember if you can tag a player you acquire in the last year of their deal. Maybe you can and I'm confusing the rules with MLB. Even if Green Bay can tag him, I can't imagine they're offering a 1st and 3rd that's a ridiculous haul.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this will upset some if true.  On 1410 am, radio, the show stated the Packers are offering the Bengals a 1st & 3rd for AJ Green.  
If true, a 1st & 3rd could really help the Bengals for the future.  The Word is that Mike Brown refuses to trade Green.  

I heard they're willing to change it to a 3rd and 7th if we throw in Andy. 

As to the trade proposed: Seems like a good trade for us if we take it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Green play for the Packers.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF this rumor is true and the Bengals turn down a 1st and 3rd, it likely means they think they aren't rebuilding and are just Jonah and Green and a healthy Glenn away from being respectable.

aka In denial.

You may be right. They gotta do something. But not just anything like they normally do to make it look like they are trying. The little tidbits of hope they feed the starving fans is not working anymore. In order to start regaining some trust, they need to make a splash move, then another, then another and keep going. Otherwise, it's all lip service, ear tickling and insulting.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'd love to see Green play for the Packers.

Hell, I'd love to see him play for the Bengals.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm okay with trading AJ Green, even though he's my favorite current Bengal and our greatest player.

But I'm not doing for just a 1st and 3rd rounder.

Draft picks may not payout, I need players that I now their value.

If the Packers want AJ Green, they have to understand his value. If we're trading a potential HOFer, I want something in return.

I'd take a 1st, Bryan Bulaga and Za'darius Smith.

Even though he's older Bulaga would be an instant upgrade.

Smith would instantly help our run defense.

I know they probably wouldn't go for it, but I'd ask.

Worst they say is no and probably make a counter offer.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You may be right. They gotta do something. But not just anything like they normally do to make it look like they are trying. The little tidbits of hope they feed the starving fans is not working anymore. In order to start regaining some trust, they need to make a splash move, then another, then another and keep going. Otherwise, it's all lip service, ear tickling and insulting.

Agreed. A splash free agent or 2. IF they sign a quality LB it helps. There are some decent Guards in free agency too.
Reply/Quote
If they’re offering a 1st and 3rd (what I originally was hoping for before the Sanu trade but thought it might be a little pricey) then go back with a 1st and 2nd. Yeah I’m greedy but AJ is a stud and they’ll be picking near 30 anyway. They can go big or go home (although if they try to go home you back down and take the 1 and 3 lol)

Then I really love the idea of trying to resign him in the offseason if they don’t make an extension a requirement of the deal. Then we get to have our cake and eat it to...or trade him for another first next year at the deadline too lol
Reply/Quote
AJ is my favorite Bengal on the current roster but if this is a true offer, I would honestly have to take a look at it long and hard. A 1 and 3 would be more than I would expect to get for him but I think New England made the bar higher when they gave Atlanta a 2nd for Sanu. Even if this was true, we as fans know it is unlikely that they trade him because Mike Brown is stubborn when it comes to trading away players. However, if the trade did happen then this could help with a quicker rebuild with the current roster. We need younger players that fit the system that Taylor is wanting to run here and if that means trading away some of the older players I would be for it even though I am divided because it would mean the end of some of my favorite players that have ever played for the Bengals. I just wish one day we could get an owner that is not afraid to make moves and spend some money on outside top tier free agents to make this team a contender again.
Reply/Quote