Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow/Young - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow/Young (/Thread-Burrow-Young)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Burrow/Young - higgy100 - 12-03-2019

(12-02-2019, 12:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Chase Young - I know he's special and he's likely overrated due to being from OSU on this board...but I'll look past that.

We have Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson. How do you use Young and still get Hubbard, Dunlap, and Lawson on the field? So you take Young and likely take Lawson off the field? I guess you could move Hubbard inside like they did as a rookie...but he struggled there.

I know you need to rest guys, but it just seems like DE isn't a critical need.

LB, OL, starting TE, QB, and maybe a Safety that can cover is what I'd put our needs at.

Yes but a difference-maker is what is needed on D and Young is that......A guy they can move around and make an offense have to account for..

RE: Burrow/Young - Catmandude123 - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 05:17 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yes but a difference-maker is what is needed on D and Young is that......A guy they can move around and make an offense have to account for..

Clowney was uber hyped coming out of SC . How much did that help the Texans win  a SB and he had Watt beside him. 

RE: Burrow/Young - Nicomo Cosca - 12-04-2019

(12-03-2019, 09:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Clowney was uber hyped coming out of SC . How much did that help the Texans win  a SB and he had Watt beside him. 

The Texans became a contender when they got Watson. Period.

RE: Burrow/Young - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-04-2019

(12-03-2019, 09:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Clowney was uber hyped coming out of SC . How much did that help the Texans win  a SB and he had Watt beside him. 

And he also had questions about work ethic.....

(12-04-2019, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Texans became a contender when they got Watson. Period.

....ah... they've won just as much without him as they have with him....and I like Deshaun. 

RE: Burrow/Young - Nicomo Cosca - 12-04-2019

(12-04-2019, 07:49 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: And he also had questions about work ethic.....

....ah... they've won just as much without him as they have with him....and I like Deshaun. 

I don’t even know what the debate here is. Watson gives the Texans a better chance at winning a championship than guys like TJ Yates, Tom Savage, Brock Osweiler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Schaub, or any of the other QB’s they’ve had over the years.

(12-04-2019, 09:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t even know what the debate here is. Watson gives the Texans a better chance at winning a championship than guys like TJ Yates, Tom Savage, Brock Osweiler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Schaub, or any of the other QB’s they’ve had over the years.

I thought they were comparing Clowney to other defensive difference makers. Hell, I dunno...lol. 

I love me some Deshaun Watson, not just the player either. From all accounts, he's a class act all the way around. I loved it when Clemson toppled mighty Alabama. Not to mention, he's balled out for me in FF LOL

I guess my point is, the Texans D was a beast....and literally took over games back in Watts' early years. Schaub actually played well for them the first few years he was there. He got hurt before the playoffs that one year that Yates beat us, but you're right, he's no Watson.

RE: Burrow/Young - jason - 12-04-2019

(12-04-2019, 11:29 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I thought they were comparing Clowney to other defensive difference makers. Hell, I dunno...lol. 

I love me some Deshaun Watson, not just the player either. From all accounts, he's a class act all the way around. I loved it when Clemson toppled mighty Alabama. Not to mention, he's balled out for me in FF LOL

I guess my point is, the Texans D was a beast....and literally took over games back in Watts' early years. Schaub actually played well for them the first few years he was there. He got hurt before the playoffs that one year that Yates beat us, but you're right, he's no Watson.

It's funny how FF will do that for you... I've become quite the fan of Lamar Jackson this year. Especially since I recently totalled my truck, and ain't just aying for fun this year.

(12-04-2019, 11:34 AM)jason Wrote: It's funny how FF will do that for you... I've become quite the fan of Lamar Jackson this year. Especially since I recently totalled my truck, and ain't just aying for fun this year.

Damn bro, hate to hear that, hope you didn't get hurt.

Yep, FF will make you fans of players for sure. That said, I've always liked Watson. He's a good player, and good person too. 

(12-04-2019, 11:37 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Damn bro, hate to hear that, hope you didn't get hurt.

Yep, FF will make you fans of players for sure. That said, I've always liked Watson. He's a good player, and good person too. 

I just saw the other day that Watson grew up in a house built by Warrick Dunn's foundation that helps single mothers.

RE: Burrow/Young - PDub80 - 12-04-2019

I would take Chase Young and then work on the QB later.... if at all.

The Bengals started drafting for positional need a few years ago instead of BPA and it has sucked. Take the best player available. Period. Put the best players on the field... period.

(12-04-2019, 12:36 PM)jason Wrote: I just saw the other day that Watson grew up in a house built by Warrick Dunn's foundation that helps single mothers.

Didn't know that. That's cool, Warrick and Charlie Ward are probably my favorite Seminoles to ever play.

RE: Burrow/Young - spazz70 - 12-04-2019

I say if OSU plays LSU in the championship game that we take whichever one wins the National Championship!!

(12-04-2019, 02:19 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would take Chase Young and then work on the QB later.... if at all.

The Bengals started drafting for positional need a few years ago instead of BPA and it has sucked. Take the best player available. Period. Put the best players on the field... period.

That's how I see it too.

RE: Burrow/Young - Jason_NC - 12-04-2019

(12-02-2019, 12:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Chase Young - I know he's special and he's likely overrated due to being from OSU on this board...but I'll look past that.

We have Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson. How do you use Young and still get Hubbard, Dunlap, and Lawson on the field? So you take Young and likely take Lawson off the field? I guess you could move Hubbard inside like they did as a rookie...but he struggled there.

I know you need to rest guys, but it just seems like DE isn't a critical need.

LB, OL, starting TE, QB, and maybe a Safety that can cover is what I'd put our needs at.

And Atkins.

And yet we are 30th in the league in sacks.  Lawson has had 3 sacks in his last 15 games, and is often injured.  Dunlap is getting old, as is Atkins.  The only argument against drafting Young is our need at QB.

RE: Burrow/Young - J24 - 12-04-2019

(12-02-2019, 01:25 AM)J24 Wrote: To me it's either Burrow or trade the pick. Also I would keep an eye out on Tua medical as well.
I'll expand on this 
1.) I don't think Young is the best defensive player for us instead I think that's Simmons from Clemson.
2.) If healthy Tua is a better prospect than Burrow
(12-02-2019, 11:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Geno Atkins is on pace for HOF.. Green was on pace also till injuries.. So since you are talking NE besides Brady who are the great players??? 

This might be Belichick best coaching year... Brady is on pace to have one of his lowest TD total and QB rating.. and here they sit 10-2.. Belichick is the GOAT
Everyone forgets that a lot of the Patriots 2001 core played in the 1996 Superbowl before Brady became QB and Belicheck was only the secondary coach.
He was hurt early in his career and JJ Watt also missed two seasons as well. We didn't really get to see those two really ever play together at full potential.
(12-04-2019, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Texans became a contender when they got Watson. Period.
You need both a QB and a defense to win a Superbowl.

RE: Burrow/Young - Socal Bengals fan - 12-07-2019

Watching burrow again I’ve noticed his arm is not that strong at all. He’s really accurate n has moxy but arm is definitely questionable

RE: Burrow/Young - Synric - 12-07-2019

(12-07-2019, 07:01 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Watching burrow again I’ve noticed his arm is not that strong at all.  He’s really accurate n has moxy but arm is definitely questionable

The best description I've seen is Burrow brings the right club to every play. He doesnt put juice on every throw but he can put it on a rope when it needs it. 

RE: Burrow/Young - Nicomo Cosca - 12-07-2019

(12-07-2019, 07:01 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Watching burrow again I’ve noticed his arm is not that strong at all. He’s really accurate n has moxy but arm is definitely questionable

No it’s not.

RE: Burrow/Young - Von Cichlid - 12-07-2019

I don't know that I have ever seen a QB play better football than Burrow. He makes quick decisions, sees the field, can read a defense, and throws dimes, and he has good legs.

The Bengals would be criminally stupid not to take this guy. He is the surest franchise QB since Luck.

With that said, I would NOT play him next year. It would also be criminally stupid to put him behind our line. Get him in the draft on a rookie contract, do everything in your power to assemble a line with the cap space available. Even make space available by trading players, anything.

It doesn't get much easier than this, and it could make this season have a huge, huge silver lining.

RE: Burrow/Young - Nati#1 - 12-07-2019

Burrow is a 5 yard passing MACHINE