Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! (/Thread-President-and-First-Lady-test-POSITIVE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:07 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: what?  Miscarriages?  God?  

I said Doctors willfully dismembering and vacuuming out babies on purpose.

And miscarriages (spontaneous abortion in medical terminology) are a part of God’s plan. God’s responsible for his own plan, right?

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - fredtoast - 10-02-2020

C'mon guys, lets not drag abortion into this thread.

My opinion is that I do not want the Trumps to die, but I am 100% glad they tested positive. I think it might lead to a policy change or at least a change in public opinion that could save the lives of thouisands of people.

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - michaelsean - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know if you'd count me in that group, but I guess like many others my passionate rejection of this man does not stem from hating him. It mainly stems from a kind of shock he gets elected, from me considering him to be a grave threat to democracy and democratic values as a whole. Also, I think he is an uneducated moron, an instigator, a borderline (maybe not borderline) criminal, a narcissist, a perfectly indecent person, a careless misanthrope and a pathological liar. I am passionately opinionated about him as a president, as a shady real estate mogul and entertainer I don't quite care that much.

No like I say, an opinion of him, even to the point of hatred is one thing, but it seems there are people who spend all day every day obsessing over it. I did not like the guy, and I think he’s said and done some horrible things, but I’m not going to let it rule me. People always think we hit this irreversible place from which we can’t come back. It’s nonsense. If people truly think another four years of Trump will irrevocably destroy this country, then what do they do if he wins?

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - Mickeypoo - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 10:56 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What’s preventing you from seeing those doctors now?

Lot's of money of course, but you know that.  My healthcare and Doctor through my insurance is just fine, but if I were rich I could seek out a higher level of healthcare or home visits provided by private Doctors who decided to provide such services at higher costs.

Do you really think pro athletes, celebs, etc., go to the local town family practice office and wait their with all those deplorables?  They pay those Doctors that you are asking me what is preventing me from seeing.

(10-02-2020, 11:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And miscarriages (spontaneous abortion in medical terminology) are a part of God’s plan. God’s responsible for his own plan, right?

What does God or religion have to do with willfully dismembering and vacuuming out babies?

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:15 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not trying to defend or squirm.  lol.

Do you know if he was also getting different info at the same time?  No, you don't.  My point is not to defend Trump, but look at this reasonably.  You have no idea what info was being provided to him before and after the interview.  There was lots of different info in the news at that time.  One day we needed masks the next day we didn't.  Shutdown, don't shutdown.  Will go away like the flu, will not go away like the flu.  No one knew for sure.  I just believe there is more context than a phone call that we will never know about.  I would say the same no matter who is Prez.

I’m unaware of a single credible medical source that claimed a novel virus would go away like the flu. Also, the flu is seasonal. It comes back every damn year. In that sense it’s like herpes, it always returns.

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - fredtoast - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If people truly think another four years of Trump will irrevocably destroy this country, then what do they do if he wins?

I agree, but it goes both ways.

FoxNews is constantly saying that this election is not just about 4 years.  They claim that if DeMocrats win it will mean the "destruction of the American way of life".

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - jj22 - 10-02-2020

Yamiche Alcindor

@Yamiche
· 7m
CONFIRMED: There was no contact from the Trump campaign or the White House to alert the Biden campaign of possible exposure. The campaign learned of the situation from the news reports, a Biden campaign aide tells me.

That's kinda disgraceful.

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - Nately120 - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No like I say, an opinion of him, even to the point of hatred is one thing, but it seems there are people who spend all day every day obsessing over it. I did not like the guy, and I think he’s said and done some horrible things, but I’m not going to let it rule me. People always think we hit this irreversible place from which we can’t come back. It’s nonsense. If people truly think another four years of Trump will irrevocably destroy this country, then what do they do if he wins?

Normally I'd agree, but Trump says a lot of things that decry democracy and promote facism.  This goes a bit beyond four more years of my last choice on the ballot getting the nod. 

(10-02-2020, 11:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: People always think we hit this irreversible place from which we can’t come back. It’s nonsense. 

Tell that to the 211,000 dead and their families because of his lack of handling this virus. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/rnc-chairwoman-ronna-romney-mcdaniel-tests-positive-for-19/

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - hollodero - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If people truly think another four years of Trump will irrevocably destroy this country, then what do they do if he wins?

Yeah, I don't know. I am not even sure it is mere nonsense and that people are just dead wrong on this. Depending on the circumstances. If he wins fair and square, then this might qualify as a survivable event; but if one of the plans that reportedly are floating around works out - like ignoring election results and let governors nominate Trump-friendly electors instead - then this would feed that take. Trump is willing to explore those avenues, that much seems obvious, his rhetorics and his deeds (see post office) seem to show that quite clearly.

Or what if proud boys and other groups of the Breitbartesk mob take "stand by" at face value and start civil-war like antics if Trump loses. This is not a virtual fear, it is something that Trump's incendiary words do fuel. I can understand how fears and scenarios like these fill people's heads. It fills mine.

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - Goalpost - 10-02-2020

I personally can summarize that this whole thing has been a cluster. Very few people, including Trump, can hold a candle to it. My respect mainly goes to the doctors and front line people who risked their lives when there was a ton of uncertainty. Also to the people in the grocery area who had to keep working as well.

(10-02-2020, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree, but it goes both ways.

FoxNews is constantly saying that this election is not just about 4 years.  They claim that if DeMocrats win it will mean the "destruction of the American way of life".

Oh yeah. I heard it about Obama for eight years. I wasn’t a big fan of the guy, but c’mon.

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - CKwi88 - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon guys, lets not drag abortion into this thread.

My opinion is that I do not want the Trumps to die, but I am 100% glad they tested positive.  I think it might lead to a policy change or at least a change in public opinion that could save the lives of thouisands of people.

My fear us that they will be asymptomatic and just promote the "It's no big deal" narrative a la Brazilian president Bolsonaro.

(10-02-2020, 11:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: Tell that to the 211,000 dead and their families because of his lack of handling this virus. 

I’m talking about the country. Last I saw we were on pace to have fewer people die in this country this year than last, so as a whole we are better off as far as overall deaths. And do you think the toll would be zero under another president? What do you think the differential is?

(10-02-2020, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree, but it goes both ways.

Trump isn't even shy saying that Biden winning will kill God.  I'm not even sure he's bring metaphorical anymore. 

RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - Au165 - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:42 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: My fear us that they will be asymptomatic and just promote the "It's no big deal" narrative a la Brazilian president Bolsonaro.

Just saw he now has "mild symptoms", whatever that may mean.

(10-02-2020, 11:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m talking about the country. Last I saw we were on pace to have fewer people die in this country this year than last, so as a whole we are better off as far as overall deaths. And do you think the toll would be zero under another president?  What do you think the differential is?

I can tell you I don't believe Trump when he said the death toll would be at 2 million if Biden would have been in charge. 

(10-02-2020, 10:55 AM)hollodero Wrote: I have to say, maybe in the beginning there was confusion and contradictory messages around the medical expert's, but that vanished pretty soon. Pretty much all of them, in the US and all around the world, agreed that wearing masks and social distancing are effective tools to slow the spread down. At that point, I can not quite excuse a president who mocks wearing masks, encourages protests against social distancing measures, holds potential super spreader events, recommends sham medications and demonstrably lies about the threat. He is on Woodward's tapes admitting he knows how dangerous it is and that he is deliberately playing it down. The hindsight "defense" (for lack of a better word) does not quite work for me in instances like these. He knew better all along.

I get it. I'm happy you don't feel the need to also glorify him.
I am only guessing, but maybe he also sees the complete hypocrisy in the media covering protests and at least on one occasion a huge muli-thousand, peaceful gathering (Wisconsin?) as a great, wonderful thing with no concern or even comment for masks or social distancing all while denouncing small businesses opening and his rallies.  

I am not saying he did the right thing, just that there is a VERY real double standard in the media when it comes to masks and social distancing.  Her in NY Cuomo flipped out on a citizen for calling him out for not wearing a mask or social distancing, but while on TV berating people for not wearing masks or social distancing.