Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals offered Golladay - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals offered Golladay (/Thread-Bengals-offered-Golladay)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - WeezyBengal - 03-19-2021

(03-18-2021, 10:08 PM)pally Wrote: Reds help the recruiting effort

This is going to be such a let down when we don't get him. 

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - pally - 03-19-2021

Ravens are jumping into the GollaDey fight

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Wes Mantooth - 03-19-2021

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda stupid to sign this dude to a 1 year deal?

I would love to have him, but I would hope the Bengals insist on a minimum of 2 years, and preferably 3.

Renting a stud WR for a year isn't going to put this team over the hump in 2021. Will it make us better? Sure. But I still think we need to build out with the future in mind (year 3, 4, 5 of Joe's rookie deal).

I really hope we consider adding years on to our offer. I know that's what his agent contacted us with, but if we're competing with the Giants, who are offering multiple years, then I'm not sure why us doing the same would put us at a disadvantage.

This guy is a beast, would be great to lock him up for a few years. I just think it would suck to be right back in the same boat next year, still needing another WR. And if signing him at 1 year removes WR off our draft board in the early rounds then it seems that hole would be inevitable in 2022.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Au165 - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:25 AM)pally Wrote: Ravens are jumping into the GollaDey fight

Not sure that is a threat, mainly because their scheme is so anti WR I am not sure big-time guys want to play there, especially if it isn't a massive long-term deal because he won't increase his value there. 

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - RiverRat13 - 03-19-2021

If he loves to block downfield instead of catching passes, it would make a ton of sense for him to go there.

(03-19-2021, 11:26 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda stupid to sign this dude to a 1 year deal?

I would love to have him, but I would hope the Bengals insist on a minimum of 2 years, and preferably 3.

Renting a stud WR for a year isn't going to put this team over the hump in 2021.  Will it make us better?  Sure.  But I still think we need to build out with the future in mind (year 3, 4, 5 of Joe's rookie deal).

I really hope we consider adding years on to our offer like the Giants.  This guy is a beast, would be great to lock him up for a few years.  I just think it would suck to be right back in the same boat next year, still needing another WR.

Because they probably aren't the clubhouse leader on a multi-year, just based on how we structure deals. You are banking on getting a quality year out of him and maybe you re-sign him with some team success in that year and maybe you don't, but you at least give Burrow another weapon as he develops that you probably had no business having a shot at getting. 

(03-19-2021, 11:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not sure that is a threat, mainly because their scheme is so anti WR I am not sure big-time guys want to play there, especially if it isn't a massive long-term deal because he won't increase his value there. 

after the Lions, he may want to go to a team that wins more than it loses...if money is similar among all the offers

(03-19-2021, 11:29 AM)pally Wrote: after the Lions, he may want to go to a team that wins more than it loses...if money is similar among all the offers

The word is WR's don't want to play in Baltimore's scheme, hell Hollywood Brown has voiced his issues with it, so while the money is nice I am sure he wants at least 50 catches a year.

I actually wonder if the "Raven's reached out" isn't a plant by his agent to try and get the Bengals to pay more to keep him out of a division opponent's lineup.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Wes Mantooth - 03-19-2021

If he's looking to reset his market, and wants to to re-hit free agency in the next year or two, I can't think of a worst place for him to go.  Sure, he may win some games there.  But his numbers will suffer.

Baltimore was dead last (32nd) in pass attempts in 2020, with an average of only 25.9 a game.  They were 29th in 2019, with an average of only 29.4.

If he's looking to get paid on his next deal, and I'm sure he is at only 27 years old, then he'll stay far, far away from that offense. 

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - WeezyBengal - 03-19-2021

Ravens could be jumping in to up the price the Bengals have to pay to get him. Smart move by a division rival. 

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Big Boss - 03-19-2021

He can either waste away in NY for 3 years with Daniel Jones overthrowing and underthrowing him, or he can catch balls from Burrow and drive up his value next year.

RE: Bengals offered Golladay - Synric - 03-19-2021

If the Bengals don't get GollaDEY I hope he goes to Chicago that way they might release Akiem Hicks to free up cap space so the Bengals can take a run at signing him lol.

Chad still recruiting Kenny Golladay - Trademark - 03-19-2021

I love this man, can the Bengals please hire this man for a coaching position already?

RE: Chad still recruiting Kenny Golladay - Beaker - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 02:52 PM)Trademark Wrote:
I love this man, can the Bengals please hire this man for a coaching position already?

Forget coaching, recruiting is his strength.

RE: Chad still recruiting Kenny Golladay - masonbengals fan - 03-19-2021

Chad is putting in the work.

RE: Chad still recruiting Kenny Golladay - TKUHL - 03-19-2021

Really wanted this guy in the draft. Hope we get him.

The market isn't going to give him the 18.5 million he supposedly is asking for

RE: Chad still recruiting Kenny Golladay - ElkValleyBengal - 03-19-2021

The number I heard he was wanting annually was 19 million. Let it go Chad.

RE: Chad still recruiting Kenny Golladay - Bengalpool - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 06:53 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: The number I heard he was wanting annually was 19 million.  Let it go Chad.

No one is giving him near that amount.