Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position (/Thread-Lou-Interviewing-for-NYG-HC-Position)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - J24 - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 03:04 PM)samhain Wrote: One that can't get on the field even when healthy and banking huge checks and another that they returned to the sender.
Do you think Lou would have signed those guys if he felt they didn't fit his system?

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - samhain - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 03:07 PM)J24 Wrote: Do you think Lou would have signed those guys if he felt they didn't fit his system?

I think he'd have kept Mac if he fit super well.  Also think Waynes wouldn't have gotten Wally Pipped by Eli Apple if he was great in this system.  If anything, both of those guys have given them working evidence that they are not a fit.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - J24 - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 03:10 PM)samhain Wrote: I think he'd have kept Mac if he fit super well.  Also think Waynes wouldn't have gotten Wally Pipped by Eli Apple if he was great in this system.  If anything, both of those guys have given them working evidence that they are not a fit.

1.) Eli Apple deserves to be starting right now. I don't think anyone can say lack of scheme fit is the reason for Wayne's struggle.

2.) Alexander wasn't that bad of a player for us last season. Also I think the Bengals thought a lot of Mike Hilton and that's why he was brought in over Alexander. 

Not necessarily due to scheme fitm. Both guys were touted as great Blitzers and great Run defenders when we signed them.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - KillerGoose - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 01:51 PM)samhain Wrote: We don't blitz that much either.  It was like pulling teeth getting Lou to to blitz until mid season, and it was always in a specific situation.  When Zimmer was here he definitely wanted guys that could cover in man, which is why Newman played til he was 90 and Pacman followed him here.

It might work eventually, but I'd much rather have someone on the staff from Lou's school of thought.  I dislike the idea of switching horses in the middle of a race when one is running pretty well.  

If Zimmer came on board, I'd rather see it as a front office guy in waiting so he could at least have a feel for things before taking the reigns.  

It will be a moot argument anyway, as I don't see Lou going anywhere.

Not this season, but since Lou has been here the Bengals have been a heavier blitz team than Minnesota. Those Bengals you mentioned also played a lot of zone. It is a rare occurrence to find a team that plays more man than zone. They aren't as different as you'd think. Zimmer would be able to step in and pick things right back up. 

I do agree, though. I don't think Lou is going anywhere and we will have some continuity on that side of the ball next season. 

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Nepa - 01-24-2022

The Giants fan base right now is very, very angry. As frustrated as I have seen them and they have been taking their anger out on the Giants' organization. I think the Giants front office is very aware of that and the fact that they need a slam dunk pick. I personally think Lou will be a very hard sell to those fans, who wont see him as a homerun. They'll have troubling seeing beyond the fact that the Bengals have the 17th ranked scoring defense, not among the top five.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Sled21 - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 02:37 PM)RASCAL Wrote: whats so funny??? absolutely nothing!!!

You can start with the fact this defense just played two playoff games allowing less than 20 points in both, and you say good riddance to losing our Defensive Coordinator. 2020 called and wants it's narrative back.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-24-2022

(01-23-2022, 01:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just saw he is interviewing for the NYG opening this morning. What a turn around for Lou, from people wanting him gone to now being a HC candidate.

Wild, I want him to stay...

(01-24-2022, 04:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Giants fan base right now is very, very angry. As frustrated as I have seen them and they have been taking their anger out on the Giants' organization. I think the Giants front office is very aware of that and the fact that they need a slam dunk pick. I personally think Lou will be a very hard sell to those fans, who wont see him as a homerun.  They'll have troubling seeing beyond the fact that the Bengals have the 17th ranked scoring defense, not among the top five.

I think Dan Quinn is their guy if Jerry lets him get away.  I'm not sure if he will, especially to a division rival.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - NotBigzo - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 12:32 PM)pally Wrote: It might help if you knew Bengal's history before using it as an argument.  Mike Zimmer wasn't DC when that meltdown happened.  In fact, he wasn't DC for most of Dalton's or Green's careers or Burficts either.  He left the Bengals after the 2012 season. 

I base my opinion on watching his Vikings teams. Despite making the playoffs and even having some success in them, his teams often underperformed.  Under his tenure, the Vikings had more losing or .500 seasons than they did winning seasons.  And the drama surrounding his teams leads to bad play.  Locker room drama, unhappy players, leaked stories, on-field penalties, and bad effort...we don't need that here.  Zimmer's time with the Bengals is in the past.  Let everyone remember his time with fondness.  If Lou leaves bring in someone who will fit in with this coaching staff and these players

In all fairness Pauly G didnt stray to far from Zinmers scheme and had a Chris Christie in yo face attitude.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Savagehenry54 - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 01:29 PM)samhain Wrote: Wow.  Nice to have you back now that the sun is shining again and you got a wild hair.  Don't recall you being this big of a loudmouth before, but we all change.  You're knowledge is that you like Zimmer and you're mad that someone doesn't think he'd be a fit.  My counterpoint made an actual point.  You're only point is "nuh uh, I like him".

I get that you like the guy, but the point is valid.  Different players thrive in different systems.  This is not really a controversial statement.  Unless you want to get emotional about a bygone coach that you're n love with.  Keep flaunting you're ignorance now that you're comfortable posting here again.

No.  My point is dismissing him as even a candidate is ludicrous.  Hopefully we can keep rolling with Anarumo but if we lose him,  a guy with Zimmers background should def intrigue us.

Attaching your imagined emotions to an opposing opinion don't make it so.

Your "point" as you call it, becomes entirely inaccurate when the light of reality shines on it pal.  Zimmer ran mostly zone in Minnesota.

I always been comfortable posting here.  I just don't as much cuz I don't want to.  "Comfortable posting here" ??

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - magikod - 01-24-2022

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Rock On Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey

(01-24-2022, 12:32 PM)pally Wrote: It might help if you knew Bengal's history before using it as an argument.  Mike Zimmer wasn't DC when that meltdown happened.  In fact, he wasn't DC for most of Dalton's or Green's careers or Burficts either.  He left the Bengals after the 2012 season. 

I base my opinion on watching his Vikings teams. Despite making the playoffs and even having some success in them, his teams often underperformed.  Under his tenure, the Vikings had more losing or .500 seasons than they did winning seasons.  And the drama surrounding his teams leads to bad play.  Locker room drama, unhappy players, leaked stories, on-field penalties, and bad effort...we don't need that here.  Zimmer's time with the Bengals is in the past.  Let everyone remember his time with fondness.  If Lou leaves bring in someone who will fit in with this coaching staff and these players

Oh yea, dang, I forgot how long ago he left.

Zimmer ain't a drama queen tho and i don't think he causes or allows the type of bs you're saying he does.

He's a talented coach we'd at least have preliminary talks with I would imagine.

Slam dunk hire???  Nope, never said that. I'm just saying message board posters talking as though they have a ***** clue whether Zimmer would be a good fit or not is absurd, becuz it is.  Maybe he wouldn't be a good fit, but nobody posting on here know the answer to that.

What we do know is he is a helluva good DC whos even had success as a HC.  Dudes like him are exactly who you talk to when you have DC position open.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - XenoMorph - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 05:44 PM)magikod Wrote: [Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Rock On Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey

Is that Mixon with the Hogan Pythons?

(01-24-2022, 06:22 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Again.  Zimmer is a helluva goid DC and in theory would def deserve a look. A look bro, a phone call, a text, something.  Not on here screaming we should absolute hire him.  If I was id understand your vitriol.

But you're losing your mind cuz I don't agree that he shouldn't even get a sniff from us if we end up needing a dc....lighten up francis.

Yeah, man.  Totally losing my mind over here.  

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - ochocincos - 01-24-2022

(01-23-2022, 01:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just saw he is interviewing for the NYG opening this morning. What a turn around for Lou, from people wanting him gone to now being a HC candidate.

Well that's one way to get him out.  Ninja

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Shake n Blake - 01-24-2022

Please refrain from personal attacks. Everyone.

We really don't want to be handing out suspensions or bans when our team is having it's best run in 33 years, so we've just been deleting posts. But please don't keep pushing it.

Especially over something so trivial as whether or not Mike Zimmer would be a good fit for a position that isn't even open yet, and probably won't be.

Relax and enjoy this time.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - Nicomo Cosca - 01-24-2022

Bengals are in the AFC Championship fellas. Take a breath.

RE: Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position - TecmoBengals - 01-24-2022

Regarding Zimmer if Lou gets the Giants position, I just hope Zimmer doesn't come back because Brown had fond memories of his previous tenure with the Bengals. I want Zac having the autonomy to decide who he has coaching the defense and that might not be Zimmer.

(01-24-2022, 06:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Regarding Zimmer if Lou gets the Giants position, I just hope Zimmer doesn't come back because Brown had fond memories of his previous tenure with the Bengals. I want Zac having the autonomy to decide who he has coaching the defense and that might not be Zimmer.

And this is something I didn't think I'd ever say....but give taylor what he wants.  I love that dude now lol.

If Zimmer ain't his guy, then he's not my guy either, that's for sure.  Taylor has def earned the right to puck his guys imo.

(01-23-2022, 11:04 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Yea, I'm aware that a nickel back has all but replaced a third LB'er on most snaps going back several years now due to the evolution of the rules and how the game is called by the refs.  43 or 34 at this point is a reference to which type of edge rushers a team employs (Lawerence Taylor or Reggie White) and of course whether or not your nose tackle plays a one or a zero tech.

I'm not sure if Zimmer is so married to man coverage that he would insist on it with corners who can't play it.  I kindly doubt it.  Although I know he prefers it.  At any rate, you can determine that in interviews with the guy.

We're hiring from a position of strength.  We've got a ton of young talent in their prime or approaching it.  We're clearly good enough to win it all already.  If we lose Anarumo in the same year that an outstanding defensive coordinator/decent HC who we're already familiar becomes available and just write it off.....nah man.  Zimmer is a solid and deserving candidate that you absolutely consider should it become necessary.