Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou Interviewing for NYG HC Position
Just saw he is interviewing for the NYG opening this morning. What a turn around for Lou, from people wanting him gone to now being a HC candidate.
Reply/Quote
Good for him, he is definitely growing on me. Amazing what these coaches can do when the team is not absolutely decimated by injuries.
Reply/Quote
It feels weird to be interviewing for jobs during a playoff run. Anyway how are we going to keep this team together, better win now. I think burrow, chase, and evan are the base.
Reply/Quote
If Lou accepts the Giants HC job, might be the Bengals hire Mike Zimmer as DC?
Reply/Quote
Coordinators getting Head Coaching Interviews and in house candidates ready to step in their place in Dan Pitcher and Al Golden.

What a difference a year makes...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Lou accepts the Giants HC job, might be the Bengals hire Mike Zimmer as DC?

Zimmer would have an absolute field day with Hendrickson, Ossai coming back, Logan, Hilton, Bates, Bell and whatever guys we sign in FA. If we got Zimmer i predict we’d become the best blitzing team in the league within 2 off seasons
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:14 PM)Housh Wrote: Zimmer would have an absolute field day with Hendrickson, Ossai coming back, Logan, Hilton, Bates, Bell and whatever guys we sign in FA. If we got Zimmer i predict we’d become the best blitzing team in the league within 2 off seasons

I think just keeping what we have on defense is really enough.  Yeah draft a couple defensive players but in FA you have to be insane not to hold the OL as they most important improvement opportunity.  

Zimmer could do wonders with this D though.
Reply/Quote
We're almost at the superbowl and talking about replacing coaches, damn! Something's in the pot and it tastes good, don't remove any ingredients yet. Open Up The Wallet Mike Brown Family
Reply/Quote
Giants new GM Joe Schoen worked with Lou in Miami

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don’t like these new rules whatsoever I think they should wait for the season to be over with.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Lou accepts the Giants HC job, might be the Bengals hire Mike Zimmer as DC?

I'd love to have him, but the personnel doesn't fit very well.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:40 PM)Whacked Wrote: I don’t like these new rules whatsoever I think they should wait for the season to be over with.

This part of the rule hasn't changed.  It was allowing interviews with current coaches during the regular season was the new part.

We interviewed Zac during the Rams playoff run and officially hired him the morning after the Super Bowl.  It was known he was the Bengals choice before the Super Bowl

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Lou has earned that opportunity. He's done a great job this year.
Reply/Quote
Good for him, but I hope he stays in Cincinnati for our sake.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I hope everyone stays. I know it's tempting to "chase the money," and prestige... but the Bengals have something special brewing... don't f**k it up, now.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:49 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd love to have him, but the personnel doesn't fit very well.

This, exactly.  Lou built this defense (assistants, free agents and draft choices) to fit his system.  Changing coaches isn't like changing a light bulb.  I love Zim, but IF we lose Anarumo his successor -- if at all possible -- needs to come from within.

PS, good for Lou
Reply/Quote

No thanks
Reply/Quote
This is awful. I hope Lou Anarumo completely tanks the interview and stays in Cincinnati…

…but I’ve heard Lou talk and he will interview very well. If he gets hired by the Giants as head coach I want Mike Zimmer back as defensive coordinator in Cincinnati. This defense is freaking loaded and full of talent and Zim would have so much fun making them into the best in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:50 PM)pally Wrote: This part of the rule hasn't changed.  It was allowing interviews with current coaches during the regular season was the new part.

We interviewed Zac during the Rams playoff run and officially hired him the morning after the Super Bowl.  It was known he was the Bengals choice before the Super Bowl

Ahh ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:56 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: This, exactly.  Lou built this defense (assistants, free agents and draft choices) to fit his system.  Changing coaches isn't like changing a light bulb.  I love Zim, but IF we lose Anarumo his successor -- if at all possible -- needs to come from within.

PS, good for Lou

Plus we have zone corners.  Zimmer wants his corners to play man coverage.  We'd be wasting Awuzie.
Reply/Quote